Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: WR With First Two Picks....

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I all about trying to get a WR in the first 95 picks this draft because the class is pretty deep, but 2 and especially using just our first 2 picks on WR's is not smart at all with Center, Guard, Tackle, CB, DL, LB all bigger needs then 2 separate Wr's......
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I think you guys owe War an apology.
    No! I stand buy my response. I don't like our Tackles, the CB and interior OL depth is scary and has questions, LB still has question marks in coverage. I wanted a WR and Both Jeudy and Hamler are damn fine prospects especially where they were taken. But I don't think taking Hamler over a T, CB or LB or interior OL was the better move. It happened fine, but I stand by my original opinion and offer no apology.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

No! I stand buy my response. I don't like our Tackles, the CB and interior OL depth is scary and has questions, LB still has question marks in coverage. I wanted a WR and Both Jeudy and Hamler are damn fine prospects especially where they were taken. But I don't think taking Hamler over a T, CB or LB or interior OL was the better move. It happened fine, but I stand by my original opinion and offer no apology.
    BPA is BPA.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    BPA is BPA.
    I don't believe he was the BPA at the time. I'm a BPA kinda guy, then BPA at position of need. He was neither BPA nor BPA at a position of need after killing the Jeudy pick. I don't believe taking Hamler over a CB like Johnson or Diggs was a better move. I would have even preferred a trade up for Hunt at guard over Hamler.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

I don't believe he was the BPA at the time. I'm a BPA kinda guy, then BPA at position of need. He was neither BPA nor BPA at a position of need after killing the Jeudy pick. I don't believe taking Hamler over a CB like Johnson or Diggs was a better move. I would have even preferred a trade up for Hunt at guard over Hamler.
    A very reasonable argument could be made that he was BPA. I can certainly see someone have valid disagreements, but I saw Hamler in some late first rounds and early second rounds. And because of that I think if the BPA is used it's hard to knock because of other positions. That's the thing about BPA - I think people like it until they don't.

Trading for a guard is silly. They're always there in FA. They're easy to find. FFS you can almost 'make' a decent LG just by plugging a bad LT into the spot. That's been the NFL OLine trick forever.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

A very reasonable argument could be made that he was BPA. I can certainly see someone have valid disagreements, but I saw Hamler in some late first rounds and early second rounds. And because of that I think if the BPA is used it's hard to knock because of other positions. That's the thing about BPA - I think people like it until they don't.

Trading for a guard is silly. They're always there in FA. They're easy to find. FFS you can almost 'make' a decent LG just by plugging a bad LT into the spot. That's been the NFL OLine trick forever.
    Dalton Risner says screw you and wants a RG buddy lol. Having him paired with Hunt would be dominating for our OL. Now we must hope that Cush can plug in at Center day 1, so that Glasgow can play that guard spot. However if Cush cant then Glasgow must move to Center. The other RG option would be Wilkinson or so I thought but he is now challenging Bolles for LT......

Our OL is a issue right now, that is hopes and dreams at the current moment. Maybe it works out but I would have made some more effort on the OL over a 2nd rd WR, after taking the best WR in the draft

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

7. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Dalton Risner says screw you and wants a RG buddy lol. Having him paired with Hunt would be dominating for our OL. Now we must hope that Cush can plug in at Center day 1, so that Glasgow can play that guard spot. However if Cush cant then Glasgow must move to Center. The other RG option would be Wilkinson or so I thought but he is now challenging Bolles for LT......

Our OL is a issue right now, that is hopes and dreams at the current moment. Maybe it works out but I would have made some more effort on the OL over a 2nd rd WR, after taking the best WR in the draft
    Well, considering we drafted Cushenberry to be a center, I should hope he can play center. I guess if we drafted a guard we'd hope he could play, too?

We have a RG. Glasgow. I don't care about 'having a dominating OL' because those don't win SB's. The Cowboys have had an elite OL for half a decade now. They have like one PLAYOFF win. The Tennessee Titans have had an elite line for awhile now...not exactly knocking down deep playoff runs with consistency. The Raiders had a great line, their QB got hurt and then they got smoked in the playoffs. I don't know if Philly had a great line, I know they had two really good tackles. I'd probably grant you that.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Well, considering we drafted Cushenberry to be a center, I should hope he can play center. I guess if we drafted a guard we'd hope he could play, too?

We have a RG. Glasgow. I don't care about 'having a dominating OL' because those don't win SB's. The Cowboys have had an elite OL for half a decade now. They have like one PLAYOFF win. The Tennessee Titans have had an elite line for awhile now...not exactly knocking down deep playoff runs with consistency. The Raiders had a great line, their QB got hurt and then they got smoked in the playoffs. I don't know if Philly had a great line, I know they had two really good tackles. I'd probably grant you that.
    Dont be like that. I know we drafted him to play center we drafted lynch to play QB doesn't mean it will work out....my point is, the OL is still a concern going into the season. WR may not be now, but that does us no good if we have a shite OL that cant pass block.....I'm concerned about our OL, Cb position and ILB....Hamler was a luxury. He isn't a bad pick, but no one will convince me he was more needed then upgrading at ILB so we can cover F'in TE's or having a CB option to compete against our scrubs, or even having a competent OL across the board.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Dont be like that. I know we drafted him to play center we drafted lynch to play QB doesn't mean it will work out....my point is, the OL is still a concern going into the season. WR may not be now, but that does us no good if we have a shite OL that cant pass block.....I'm concerned about our OL, Cb position and ILB....Hamler was a luxury. He isn't a bad pick, but no one will convince me he was more needed then upgrading at ILB so we can cover F'in TE's or having a CB option to compete against our scrubs, or even having a competent OL across the board.
    I didn't mean to come across negatively. I just look at the C position as solved until otherwise. I want BPA. Hamler had a first round case and an early second round case. I liked the pick. I don't worry about the OL. We have the interior sorted out just fine. The LT play is fine. You can't have depth everywhere, at least consistently. For years and years we let the offense rot so the defense could shine. The last two head coaches we've had are defensive minded guys. It's up to them to coach up the depth. I'm glad we didn't reach for some of those positions. Really, really glad.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Shitty OL = Domination.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

War predicted this, nothing more than that. I’m not even sure he likes his prediction.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Shitty OL = Domination.
    You're right and I'm wrong.

14. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

You're right and I'm wrong.

“I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

You are smarter than I, Jaded.

17. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information