Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Elway Inquired About Number 1 Bengals Pick.......? Why?

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Default Elway Inquired About Number 1 Bengals Pick.......? Why?

https://www.milehighreport.com/2020/...20-draft-trade

Why?

We all know there has been smoke floating around that Burrows does not want to play in Bengal land. IF true, I would not be surprised if his agent is whispering it in the ear of the Bengals......and perhaps a few others?

If Burrows team is letting the Bengals know they arent interested in playing for them ala Eli Manning and John A. Elway.......this will be the biggest sell off in the history of the NFL.

Once again, IF this is truly floating around, then this to me, under the guise of 'due diligence', is Elway letting the Bengals know he is casting his lot into the hat.

IF it is true, then the question is.......what are the Bengals looking for? They're looking for a franchise QB, and unless you have one or have a prospect they like along with some draft capitol......youre out of luck.

Would you give up Lock and some draft picks for Burrows? Wow, what a question.

Im sure there are a ton of perspectives on this.

What matters is.....what does John Elway think?

If Burrows is looking for another team, then the Bengals want to come away with a QB. Next in line would be Tua according to most mindsets. So they might look to do a deal with Miami where they come away with enough to move back up to number 3 with Detroit.

But what if the thought of Lock interests them more than Tua?

I just dont understand why Elway would inquire without interest. If you inquire openly about trading up for Burrows, you guarantee yourself nothing, word gets out..........Lock and the team gets pissed. You may lose the good culture in the locker room that is present right now.

If the words gets out Burrows doesnt want to play for Cincy.....this is going to get crazy.

Why John? Why did you truly ask?
    IN PATON I TRUST.

2. The Following User High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

So, serious question.

Why wouldn’t you inquire the price of the No. 1 pick every year?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following 10 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

So its not only me that genuinely just doesnt like this then.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

If Elway thinks Burrow is the answer over Lock than that is his choice. I thought that it was mistake for Arizona to give up on Rosen so early but apparently it looks like they made the right move. Personally i think Lock will be fine and i think that he can be our franchise going forward. If Elway is looking at #1 its either because he wants Burrow badly or he wants a better shot at a OT (my hope) or defensive line help. Possibly maybe Ocudah who knows.

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    If Elway thinks Burrow is the answer over Lock than that is his choice. I thought that it was mistake for Arizona to give up on Rosen so early but apparently it looks like they made the right move. Personally i think Lock will be fine and i think that he can be our franchise going forward. If Elway is looking at #1 its either because he wants Burrow badly or he wants a better shot at a OT (my hope) or defensive line help. Possibly maybe Ocudah who knows.

But Im of the mindset that no one on the planet thinks the number one pick will be anyone other than Burrows.

Elway trading up for someone else? Even if he wanted Young, it would be the Redskins to target...not Cincy.

The number one pick is a gold mine right now.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

9. The Following User High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    So, serious question.

Why wouldn’t you inquire the price of the No. 1 pick every year?

Because youre not interested in Joe Burrows and youre smart enough to know that he will be the number one selection, period. It may not be the Bengals selecting him, but Burrows WILL be the number one pick. If you know that and are not interested.....then Washington would be your main target, not Bengals.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    Because youre not interested in Joe Burrows and youre smart enough to know that he will be the number one selection, period. It may not be the Bengals selecting him, but Burrows WILL be the number one pick.
    I didn’t ask why wouldn’t you make the trade, though. I asked why you wouldn’t ask what the price is? I’d ask the price of the No. 1 pick every year. Why would you not want to know?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

12. The Following 6 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

It won't happen. Stick with QB Drew Lock. Personally, I want Broncos to get an outstanding CB in the 1st round. I am worried about CBs. Chris Harris Jr might leave and it means Broncos don't have shutdown cornerbacks. CB and OT are Broncos' top priorities.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    It won't happen. Stick with QB Drew Lock. Personally, I want Broncos to get an outstanding CB in the 1st round. I am worried about CBs. Chris Harris Jr might leave and it means Broncos don't have shutdown cornerbacks. CB and OT are Broncos' top priorities.
    OL and WR should be a priority no

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    OL and WR should be a priority no
    I’m with Mag 7. OL and CB.
    It takes WR usually 3 years to start playing at an NFL level. Normally. Yes, there are exceptions to the rule. Finding that one is the problem in the draft. Don’t want one in early rounds tho. Maybe 3rd. WR is deep in this years draft.

If we are going to dive into the FA market, I’d like to see us get a half assed decent WR there. One that can contribute right away.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I didn’t ask why wouldn’t you make the trade, though. I asked why you wouldn’t ask what the price is? I’d ask the price of the No. 1 pick every year. Why would you not want to know?
    It would be criminal not to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

20. The Following 4 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

We need to get Lock weapons. And some of that starts with early picks on weapons. We don't need to draft defense very high this draft. That's where we keep pouring all our resources. Callahan should be back at corner, right? I mean, I'm just saying get the guy someone to throw to. By guy, I mean Lock. Why Lock? Because he's our QBotF and we don't need to look at other options. Burrow might be the better prospect, but we know Lock has a lot of talent and flashed it this year. Of course we want to know what the price of the first round is, because that's just good business.

Much ado about nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    We need to get Lock weapons. And some of that starts with early picks on weapons. We don't need to draft defense very high this draft. That's where we keep pouring all our resources. Callahan should be back at corner, right? I mean, I'm just saying get the guy someone to throw to. By guy, I mean Lock. Why Lock? Because he's our QBotF and we don't need to look at other options. Burrow might be the better prospect, but we know Lock has a lot of talent and flashed it this year. Of course we want to know what the price of the first round is, because that's just good business.

Much ado about nothing.
    If we are hinging our CB hopes on Callahan we are going to be sorely disappointed imo

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    If we are hinging our CB hopes on Callahan we are going to be sorely disappointed imo
    We thought he was awesome last offseason. I'm just saying, if we take a CB first over a weapon or at least a OL I'm going to be irritated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information