Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Elway Inquired About Number 1 Bengals Pick.......? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Exactly. I can’t think of a single reason not to ask every season.
    Yep, I would be calling the #1 the #32 and any team that has mulitple 1sts, and any team that does not have a 1st. Every single year.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

2. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    Just because i rarely post and in most cases my views arent of the popular side of things.

It would be a terrible idea not to at least check on the #1 pick, we havent been competitive for 4 years, Drew Lock has had 1 decent game in 5(4 ill throw out the snow game against the chiefs) and as much as we need to stock up on talent in several areas(for the love of god, please work on this shitty oline) having a top spot talent in a pretty solid draft would be a good start to getting there.

So although im not sold on Burrow, I think his upside is above Lock, so ya, its worth the call.
    See I'm not certain his upside is higher. They are comparable athletically and It's hard to say what drew does if he played for an elite SEC squad surrounded by future NFL players. All that said I do understand the phone call. if you can get a generational talent like Young then you need to at least look at it.

4. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Elway has a track record of being rumored for trading for top picks, even though he hasn’t done it. I think it’s solely that. I forget where the initial report came from now, but whoever it is asked someone in the Cincy organization who they’ve talked to and Elway came up because I think Elway does that every year. I like that.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Darnay Holmes--- rd 2-3
    Troy pride--- rd 3-4
    Reggie Robinson----rd 3-4

1 of 3 guys I would like to draft at CB other than Okudah......who we wont have a shot at. Holmes and Pride improved their stock at the Senior bowl.
    Ellie compare that to the abundance of depth at WR. Its not even close. I also like Fulton in the first.

7. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Ellie compare that to the abundance of depth at WR. Its not even close. I also like Fulton in the first.
    I think we should go OT, WR, CB personally. I'm just saying we have 3 3rd rd picks and they are a couple guys that will be good in that range.....I don't like any of the CB's except for Okudah in the 1st, the others with rumored 1st round value seem to have some tackling issues especially henderson, who has ball skills but is soft as shit in my eyes, Fulton is better, but I'm not convinced him and diggs will be anything special.

Personally I think we need to go big in FA at CB and also grab one in the 3rd rd this off-season.

I even think trading back into later 1st and grabbing Biadasz at Center, then taking a OT and WR in rd 2 with the extra draft capital would be a huge win for us as well.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I think people get way to worked up about GMs asking about the price what it would cost to move into the number one overall pick. Its not criminal to ask and no it doesn't necessarily mean they're interested in Burrow. There is strong possibility but it isn't only legitimate possibility.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

If I was a GM I would ask every year in case I came across a dumb GM with a below market asking price.....and then I could work the return in my favor.....lets be real plenty of incompetent GM's out there.....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

11. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

If I was a GM I would ask every year in case I came across a dumb GM with a below market asking price.....and then I could work the return in my favor.....lets be real plenty of incompetent GM's out there.....
    Hypothetically then, Elway gets that kind of a deal, then who does he draft? Burrow or is there someone else who is there anyone else who could be the overall number one pick in the draft?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Hypothetically then, Elway gets that kind of a deal, then who does he draft? Burrow or is there someone else who is there anyone else who could be the overall number one pick in the draft?
    The best player in this draft is Chase young he is the only other option you could realistically take at 1 I would think. You could make a case for Thomas or Brown. The most hilarious thing about this draft is that Before burrow had his past season, he was likened more to Dalton and Carr then any elite type QB......Majority of teams felt he was a 3rd-4th rd pick with the potential to go in rd 2 now all of the sudden he goes Number 1? If I was cincy and Tua checks out medically I might go that route over Burrow. Personally I don't feel that Burrow will bring back 1st overall value, but very few Qb's do, so I won't blame them for drafting him there, I just dont think its going to pan out.....

your top 5 Board today for me is

Chase Young
    Derrick Brown
    Andrew Thomas
    Jeff Okudah
    Tua Tagovilia (If he is good medically)

I personally would prefer any of those 5 over burrow at 1.....
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 02-10-2020 at 10:50 PM.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

I think we should go OT, WR, CB personally. I'm just saying we have 3 3rd rd picks and they are a couple guys that will be good in that range.....I don't like any of the CB's except for Okudah in the 1st, the others with rumored 1st round value seem to have some tackling issues especially henderson, who has ball skills but is soft as shit in my eyes, Fulton is better, but I'm not convinced him and diggs will be anything special.

Personally I think we need to go big in FA at CB and also grab one in the 3rd rd this off-season.

I even think trading back into later 1st and grabbing Biadasz at Center, then taking a OT and WR in rd 2 with the extra draft capital would be a huge win for us as well.....
    We have a verified number one receiver. Do we even have a number 2 corner?

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

The best player in this draft is Chase young he is the only other option you could realistically take at 1 I would think. You could make a case for Thomas or Brown. The most hilarious thing about this draft is that Before burrow had his past season, he was likened more to Dalton and Carr then any elite type QB......Majority of teams felt he was a 3rd-4th rd pick with the potential to go in rd 2 now all of the sudden he goes Number 1? If I was cincy and Tua checks out medically I might go that route over Burrow. Personally I don't feel that Burrow will bring back 1st overall value, but very few Qb's do, so I won't blame them for drafting him there, I just dont think its going to pan out.....

your top 5 Board today for me is

Chase Young
    Derrick Brown
    Andrew Thomas
    Jeff Okudah
    Tua Tagovilia (If he is good medically)

I personally would prefer any of those 5 over burrow at 1.....
    Crazy that Okudah and young are both osu alums and potentially generational players at their respective positions

16. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Or he could turn around and flip it for a bevy of picks.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    We have a verified number one receiver. Do we even have a number 2 corner?
    Bausby or Calahan. no true true number 1 in my eyes at this point.....
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 02-11-2020 at 12:28 AM.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Will agree on young.

What a nice addition that would be.

We didn't have a number one corner last year...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information