Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Elway Inquired About Number 1 Bengals Pick.......? Why?

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    It won't happen. Stick with QB Drew Lock. Personally, I want Broncos to get an outstanding CB in the 1st round. I am worried about CBs. Chris Harris Jr might leave and it means Broncos don't have shutdown cornerbacks. CB and OT are Broncos' top priorities.
    Dont forget interior Dline. At this point the cupboard is almost bare.

Kinlaw my first . desire if we cant get Jones away from KC
    IN PATON I TRUST.

2. The Following User High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    We need to get Lock weapons. And some of that starts with early picks on weapons. We don't need to draft defense very high this draft. That's where we keep pouring all our resources. Callahan should be back at corner, right? I mean, I'm just saying get the guy someone to throw to. By guy, I mean Lock. Why Lock? Because he's our QBotF and we don't need to look at other options. Burrow might be the better prospect, but we know Lock has a lot of talent and flashed it this year. Of course we want to know what the price of the first round is, because that's just good business.

Much ado about nothing.
    One of Ruggs Jeudy or Lamb will be there in 15. The problem is I don't see as much depth at corner in this draft so you might be better off to draft somebody like Fulton at 15 and then Shenault, Reagor, Aiyuk, Hamler or Mins. This draft is so deep at wr that there are still potential game changers in the 3rd and 4th

The year we drafted Butt it was one of the biggest tight end drafts ever. We passed on elite talent and tried to get Butt, who was a top tier talent with injury history. We then drafted Fant later in another draft.
    I don't mind taking a WR in the second round that normally would be a first round talent. I get it, some players slide and each draft is its own beast. that being said, I don't want us to lee Lock high and dry. There is not a single defensive position that is as important to us as WR and OL right now. Unless we get a crack at some otherworldy defensive talent, something wonky we can't predict, I will be very frustrated if we take a cornerback round one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

The year we drafted Butt it was one of the biggest tight end drafts ever. We passed on elite talent and tried to get Butt, who was a top tier talent with injury history. We then drafted Fant later in another draft.
    I don't mind taking a WR in the second round that normally would be a first round talent. I get it, some players slide and each draft is its own beast. that being said, I don't want us to lee Lock high and dry. There is not a single defensive position that is as important to us as WR and OL right now. Unless we get a crack at some otherworldy defensive talent, something wonky we can't predict, I will be very frustrated if we take a cornerback round one.
    Dude you're cool with Callahan as our number one corner?

I like Callahan a lot. Hes really really good.

But cb is much higher priority than we imo. Much!
    Raegor in 2 is fine. His hands worry me tho
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Butt should be cut ASAP, he'll never be close to 100% and he can't even finish a game let alone a season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Dude you're cool with Callahan as our number one corner?
    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post

No guarantee he'll ever be 100% either. No one knows wht he'll look like in TC. James either.

Lotta question marks regarding injured players
    Last edited by Shazam!; 02-10-2020 at 10:15 AM.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Meh, I bet JFE sent some dick pics in his day.
    I hope he had a wide angle lens.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

9. The Following 4 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post

Mims intrigues me. Barring injury, Shenault won't be there unless we get lucky like we did with Sutton. Aiyuk reminds me of DJ Moore. Who I loved coming out two years ago. theres some great talent to be had in that second round. I can't think of any CB talent that really impresses me after the guys slotted in the first.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Just because i rarely post and in most cases my views arent of the popular side of things.

It would be a terrible idea not to at least check on the #1 pick, we havent been competitive for 4 years, Drew Lock has had 1 decent game in 5(4 ill throw out the snow game against the chiefs) and as much as we need to stock up on talent in several areas(for the love of god, please work on this shitty oline) having a top spot talent in a pretty solid draft would be a good start to getting there.

So although im not sold on Burrow, I think his upside is above Lock, so ya, its worth the call.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived Krugan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    Just because i rarely post and in most cases my views arent of the popular side of things.

It would be a terrible idea not to at least check on the #1 pick, we havent been competitive for 4 years, Drew Lock has had 1 decent game in 5(4 ill throw out the snow game against the chiefs) and as much as we need to stock up on talent in several areas(for the love of god, please work on this shitty oline) having a top spot talent in a pretty solid draft would be a good start to getting there.

So although im not sold on Burrow, I think his upside is above Lock, so ya, its worth the call.
    This is a very solid take and I appreciate it.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

15. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post

I remember 1978 when Tampa Bay had the number 1 overall pick and Bum Phillips, the GM/coach of the Oilers decided one day to pick up the phone and call the Bucs to see what it would cost to get the first overall pick from them. Houston had the #17 pick in the first round.

Tampa says "well, we want your first round of course..and your second, and a second the next year". Bum is trying to keep a poker face. "Is that all?," he asked. "Yeah", said the Buccaneers. Bum says, "Well, okay. Send the release to the NFL office and we'll confirm it." Bum hangs up the phone and starts yelping "We just got EARL CAMPBELL!" As the celebration in Houston begins to start, the phone rings. It's the Tampa GM. "We've changed our minds," he said..."we've decided to ask for (backup TE) Jimmie Giles as well." Bum goes back to deadpan. "Well, ummm, that makes it really tough for us but, well, okay. Send the telegram to the league office and we'll confirm it." "Okay, thanks for understanding."

Bum hangs up the phone and resumes his celebration. "We just got EARL CAMPBELL!!!"

In fairness to the Bucs, they drafted (HB) Ricky Bell with the #1 overall the year before so they didn't need another RB, Giles turned into a multiple Pro Bowler and the #17 pick Tampa Bay got in the trade became QB Doug Williams who led them to their first playoff appearance. So, it was a win-win. Yet it took a nervy phone call to get the whole process started.

The worst that could have happened to Elway was to get his face laughed in while the phone hung up so there's no sin in asking but, given how draft picks are now valued compared to 1978, I think the ramsom is now much steeper than it was back them.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

17. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

It helps us gauge what other teams will have to cough up if/when they trade up. It also helps us gauge what it would look like for us to move a little higher. If we know this then we know what teams can or cannot jump up. We may more accurately be able to forecast which players may fall. It also may make a team worried we may move up for their guy just by knowing that we looked at the cost to jump up.

Everything about this is a positive and smart move. Literally no downside to it whatsoever.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Mims intrigues me. Barring injury, Shenault won't be there unless we get lucky like we did with Sutton. Aiyuk reminds me of DJ Moore. Who I loved coming out two years ago. theres some great talent to be had in that second round. I can't think of any CB talent that really impresses me after the guys slotted in the first.
    Darnay Holmes--- rd 2-3
    Troy pride--- rd 3-4
    Reggie Robinson----rd 3-4

1 of 3 guys I would like to draft at CB other than Okudah......who we wont have a shot at. Holmes and Pride improved their stock at the Senior bowl.
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 02-10-2020 at 03:12 PM.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I didn’t ask why wouldn’t you make the trade, though. I asked why you wouldn’t ask what the price is? I’d ask the price of the No. 1 pick every year. Why would you not want to know?
    If anything its a great way to drive the price up. He probably won’t do it but someone will offer too much.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    If anything its a great way to drive the price up. He probably won’t do it but someone will offer too much.
    Exactly. I can’t think of a single reason not to ask every season.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

23. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information