Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Report: Chargers have “moved on” from Philip Rivers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Report: Chargers have “moved on” from Philip Rivers

Philip Rivers has moved back to the East Coast, and it appears it’s for good reason.

According to Jay Glazer of Fox Sports during an appearance on The Herd, the Chargers have “moved on” from the 38-year-old quarterback.

Rivers had already moved his sizable family back to Florida, which has sparked all manners of dot-connecting which put him on teams not the Chargers. The Buccaneers seem uniquely poised to use him as either a quarterback or leverage in ongoing negotiations with Jameis Winston.
    rest - https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...philip-rivers/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Thom Brady, come on down!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

3. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Alexa, who is the most overrated QB of the last couple decades?

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Is he? I feel like he's pretty properly rated. I haven't seen anyone put him in the Brady/Manning/Brees class, but he has been one of the better QBs of this generation, and I feel like that's where most people rate him, in the Eli/Ryan tier.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Is he? I feel like he's pretty properly rated. I haven't seen anyone put him in the Brady/Manning/Brees class, but he has been one of the better QBs of this generation, and I feel like that's where most people rate him, in the Eli/Ryan tier.
    I just never really feared him after the Ladanian Tomlinson days. And I always counted on him to throw a big interception in crunch time.

Feels like he never got held accountable for being consistently mediocre over the years. Like national fans always put him in that next tier of great QBs, but I don't know what he did to earn it.

Name a more overrated QB than him over the last 10-20 years. Eli at least has the SBs.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I just never really feared him after the Ladanian Tomlinson days. And I always counted on him to throw a big interception in crunch time.

Feels like he never got held accountable for being consistently mediocre over the years. Like national fans always put him in that next tier of great QBs, but I don't know what he did to earn it.

Name a more overrated QB than him over the last 10-20 years. Eli at least has the SBs.
    I think he's absolutely in that tier. He had the bad luck of having 3 all time greats in the AFC his entire career (TB PFM, Ben) but I always felt he was just a level below that. I never felt like we were in for an easy win going up against him.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I think he's absolutely in that tier. He had the bad luck of having 3 all time greats in the AFC his entire career (TB PFM, Ben) but I always felt he was just a level below that. I never felt like we were in for an easy win going up against him.
    I mean he wasn't a trash QB - I just think he is beloved by fans and media which led to him being overrated. He's barely over 500 for his career, sub-.500 in the playoffs -- and I just don't think he had the "it" factor that great QBs have. Which is why he never won anything significant.

We were having this debate the other night because my Vikings friend said Aaron Rodgers is overrated -- and I said, you know who is actually overrated? Rivers.

I stand by the opinion until someone can present a more overrated QB!

13. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Drew Brees

15. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Drew Brees
    No.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    No.
    Only good in a dome, stat padder, played on cheating teams. He’s good. He’s a HOFer. He isn’t as good as his stats make him seem.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Only good in a dome, stat padder, played on cheating teams. He’s good. He’s a HOFer. He isn’t as good as his stats make him seem.
    Ok.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Stats don't lie broheem

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

no. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

With the exception of a few years, theyve fielded trash over the past years.

Hes probably one of the best second tier QBs to never win and better than anything Denver fielded over the last 20 years not named Elway or Manning.

We're collectively biased but if he was a Bronco wed love him AND probably won a SB with him.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

To further illustrate the flukiness of Eli's 2 titles, he never won a single playoff game in his career outside those 2 years. That's insane.

23. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information