Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Report: Chargers have “moved on” from Philip Rivers

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Compare apples to apples Bdubs. Qb pay to Qb pay. Is he the best QB in the league? Top 3?

Where should he rank amongst other QBs on pay based off performance?

You're better than this silly "they're all overrated" nonsense.
    We both know that's not how QB contracts work. Every above average to great QB gets a bigger contract than the last guy got. This isn't one isolated incident of Jerry Jones overrating/overpaying Dak. The Rams did the same with Goff. The 49ers did it with Jimmy G. Lions did it with Stafford. Eagles did it with Wentz. Raiders did it with Carr. Vikings did it with Cousins. That's just the cost of doing business in the NFL to keep a young QB. The next guy up will get a bigger deal than Dak.

To call Dak overrated because he's the latest in these line of above average/good QBs to get a big contract is a little disingenuous. When the next 3 guys get their contract, which will all be bigger than Dak's, his contract won't be top 3 anymore.
    Cant imagine how much Mahomes will want
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Yeah he'll smash every contract record. And that will be great for the Broncos. I hope he squeezes every dime possible out of them. I imagine he'll get 40 mil a year.

3. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Yeah he'll smash every contract record. And that will be great for the Broncos. I hope he squeezes every dime possible out of them. I imagine he'll get 40 mil a year.
    If I was him, I would ask for a 10 year deal, 20 mil rising by 2 million every year - fully guaranteed

He would be set for life and at that price Kansas could dominate for a decade

I think the need to get a bigger contract than the last guy is stupid and short sighted

5. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    If I was him, I would ask for a 10 year deal, 20 mil rising by 2 million every year - fully guaranteed

He would be set for life and at that price Kansas could dominate for a decade

I think the need to get a bigger contract than the last guy is stupid and short sighted
    Yeah it always hamstrings the team that does it, but it's just the cost of doing business now. The NFLPA probably wouldn't like him taking that much less than his market value. We're going to be in the same boat with Lock in a few years if he's the real deal.

7. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I'd expect to see this addressed in the next CBA. I think there needs to be a separate cap for QBs or something so that teams can actually pay these guys without having to gut the rest of their roster.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

We'll have to expect this with Lock too should he emerge as a star QB

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Schefter just confirmed that Rivers and the Chargers are parting ways...

Predictions on who is the Chargers starting QB in Week 1 next year? Tom Brady? A rookie?

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post

Predictions on who is the Chargers starting QB in Week 1 next year? Tom Brady? A rookie?
    Not sure the market is going to be that big for a broken down 38 yr old QB. Maybe NE if Brady doesn't re-sign.

Tyrod Taylor for the start and groom a rook. IMO
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Not sure the market is going to be that big for a broken down 38 yr old QB. Maybe NE if Brady doesn't re-sign.
    I don't think it will either -- but Brady would make sense just from an excitement-generating standpoint for a team struggling to win over the local market, heading into a new stadium. But I don't know why you'd move off of one aging QB for another.

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    I like Taylor - I thought he would have been better than Keenum for us a couple years ago. That's probably what they're thinking.

15. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I don't think it will either -- but Brady would make sense just from an excitement-generating standpoint for a team struggling to win over the local market, heading into a new stadium. But I don't know why you'd move off of one aging QB for another.

I like Taylor - I thought he would have been better than Keenum for us a couple years ago. That's probably what they're thinking.
    I wouldn't be shocked to see them sell the farm to move up in the draft. They're at 6 now. I also wouldn't be the least bit shocked to see them take Tua if he's still there at 6.

It's possible with the injury but he might go earlier. Maybe they trade back if their guy isn't their to try and to after Eason or Love.

If not a rookie either Bridgewater or Taylor.

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Hats off to Rivers. It's been one hell of a ride.

18. The Following 4 Users High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

The Chargers making a run at Brady makes a lot of sense.

They really need to sell tickets, and they've done abysmally poor at it so far.

Plus, whoever they draft can be mentored by an all-time great QB.

It makes too much sense for the Chargers to actually do it. They'll do something dumb instead.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

the immortal cleo lemon, backed up by justin herbert. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

22. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Speaking of “Immortal”, I give you Tyrod Taylor ... most overhyped BF QB this side of Timmy Tryhard.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

24. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information