Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
Results 106 to 116 of 116

Thread: Report: Chargers have moved on from Philip Rivers

  1. #106
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wolfe
    Posts
    36,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    The fact that you don't think Wilson could have every bit the success there makes it hard to take your argument here very seriously. Brees has the best WR in football and couldn't win a home wild card game. Wilson was playing with some rookie WRs and Marshawn Lynch's corpse and dragged that team to the divisional round and damn near stole that game. Wilson is one of the two best QBs in football right now. Not sure Brees has ever been able to say that.
    And the fact you say Rothlisberger is better makes it hard to take yours seriously. Brees is a first ballot HOFer, without a doubt, calling him overrated means your argument is silly, nevermind hard to take seriously.

  2. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:


  3. #107
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Burlintgon, VT
    Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller
    Posts
    43,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    And the fact you say Rothlisberger is better makes it hard to take yours seriously. Brees is a first ballot HOFer, without a doubt, calling him overrated means your argument is silly, nevermind hard to take seriously.
    Brees had a 5 year stretch from 2012-2016 where his teams had a losing season and missed the playoffs in 4 of them. Guys like Manning, Brady, Wilson, Ben, and Rodgers just haven't had stretches like that.

    Brees' highs have been as good as anyone's highs, no doubt. But he just hasn't as consistently kept his teams elite for his entire career like those other guys. He put up massive stats in those down years, but he was almost never a guy who would will his teams to wins in the playoffs.

    I'm not disagreeing with you about him being a first ballot HoFer, but in a generation that's produced 6 or 7 of those at the QB position, I'd put him toward the back of that group.
    www.twitter.com/carnold744

    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I must not be that intelligent
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Wave you a skinny douchebag fag queer boy punk ass little shit

  4. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:


  5. #108
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Izzy Mac
    Posts
    26,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    And? One stat. Good job. Brees is a guaranteed first ballot HOF'er. That's not overrated, that's reality, but enjoy your dreamland.
    The question isnt whether or not he is a first ballot HOFer. He is.

    His inflated stats resulting from his offensive scheme overstate his talent as a QB.
    The world is a fine place and worth fighting for.
    ― Ernest Hemingway

  6. #109
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wolfe
    Posts
    36,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    The question isn’t whether or not he is a first ballot HOFer. He is.

    His inflated stats resulting from his offensive scheme overstate his talent as a QB.
    Read what you just wrote. If that's true the HOF is pointless.

  7. #110
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Izzy Mac
    Posts
    26,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Read what you just wrote. If that's true the HOF is pointless.
    Curtis Martin and Jerome Bettis got into the HOF before TD. So basically!

    Eye test tells me Brees is a great QB, but not as great as his stats would lead you to believe.
    The world is a fine place and worth fighting for.
    ― Ernest Hemingway

  8. #111
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wolfe
    Posts
    36,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Curtis Martin and Jerome Bettis got into the HOF before TD. So basically!

    Eye test tells me Brees is a great QB, but not as great as his stats would lead you to believe.
    I disagree, and you have presented no evidence that would make me believe otherwise. You have claimed an obvious first-ballot HOFer is overrated, the burden of proof for such an absurd claim rests with you.

  9. #112
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Izzy Mac
    Posts
    26,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I disagree, and you have presented no evidence that would make me believe otherwise. You have claimed an obvious first-ballot HOFer is overrated, the burden of proof for such an absurd claim rests with you.
    It is my eye test. As somebody with 20/20 vision, my eyes are to be trusted.
    The world is a fine place and worth fighting for.
    ― Ernest Hemingway

  10. #113
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Rock of Eternity
    Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock
    Posts
    14,414

    Default

    I have never seen anyone say Brees is overrated before. I think a lot of it is usually people remember what you did last. He doesn't look anywhere close to his play in his prime.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

  11. #114
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wolfe
    Posts
    36,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    It is my eye test. As somebody with 20/20 vision, my eyes are to be trusted.
    My vision is better than 20/20. Therefore you lose.

  12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:


  13. #115
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Big Sky Country
    Posts
    20,903

    Default

    He's a top 15 all time (and that's being pretty harsh) QB. Stoppppppppp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Timmy's right
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Im the hobbit.

  14. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:


  15. #116
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Pudge
    Posts
    22,141

    Default

    We should make a top 25 all time QB thread, and everyone can vote for each 5-QB tier. For example, we'd start with top 5 and everyone would get to submit two or three names by PM, they get tallied, and the top 5 vote getters are the top 5. Then 5-10 and repeat up to 25.

    I'll volunteer to tally if y'all want to give it a go.
    "It's ultimately about you, trying to put yourself around people that want to see you be successful--in the right way."

  16. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:


Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group