Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39

Thread: Mlb 2020

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    In pro sports it's dumb to do just because you're unnecessarily risking the health of your multi million dollar investments in a won game. But I'm all for the backups coming in and firing away.
    yeah i mean honestly if we kept in our starters to stomp the raiders 50-3 i would love it but if a starter like Lock got hurt we would all be pissed.....if that was driskel though shit can we make it 70? lol
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

2. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Well, it was one of my favorite baseball players on the planet who first alerted him to it initially on field (Hosmer), not the manager, so I think it was a team-wide thing here. I also think they were trying to avoid a dust up with a non-league team they have no hard feelings for. But it’s a bad look for the manager in the end.
    I just really don't understand that mindset. The Padres were literally one of the two teams involved in the last 8th inning 7 run comeback, just last season. It's a 60 game season. Keep your foot on the pedal!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Baseball is also the dumbest sport to have those kind of unwritten rules. If there's an NBA game where the Lakers are up 30 with a minute left and LeBron is still out there jacking up threes, then yeah he's being a dbag and should be called out.

A baseball game is never over. I'm always trying to score every run possible and get every advantage I can, because you just never know what could happen. A 7 run lead isn't even THAT big all things considered. That can be erased with two swings of the bat.
    Back in August of 2001, Cleveland rallied from a 12-run deficit to defeat the Seattle Mariners 15-14 in 11 innings. After that, I thought this sissy unwritten rule was abolished.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I agree with your point.

I believe in benching your starters and not much else. There’s some really lower level situations I could argue you should actively run clock, specifically high school girls basketball, but I suppose many of you probably haven’t seen a lot of those games nor care.
    Hey.

I care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Hey.

I care.
    I once watched a 33-0 run to start a game and a coach put his third string in by the start of the second quarter.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I once watched a 33-0 run to start a game and a coach put his third string in by the start of the second quarter.
    Damn!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Such a weird season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Goddamn I love me some October Dodgers baseball.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information