Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Mlb 2020

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Bo knows.....he has a cannon for an arm.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m4CHqb-CHJI

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Source: New MLB proposal to union has 76-game season

Major League Baseball's latest proposal to players on a return-to-play economic package offered a higher potential salary than the last plan but less guaranteed money over a 76-game season, sources familiar with the proposal told ESPN.

Players and officials at the MLB Players Association quickly scoffed at the proposal, continuing the gridlock that has prevented MLB from returning after a coronavirus-related delay to the beginning of its season.

If the sides are unable to agree to a deal, the league has the ability to implement a schedule of its desired length. It has focused recently on a potential 48-game season, sources told ESPN.
    rest - https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...union-76-games

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Well done, owners.

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/mlb-owne...-the-last-one/

MLB Owners’ Latest Offer Even Worse Than The Last One

Prior to today, MLB owners had made one offer to the Major League Baseball Players Association to resume the season, one that included a renegotiation of the pro-rated player pay agreed to back in March. That proposal, made on May 26, was for 82 games and included about $1 billion in pay cuts from the March agreement. The offer seemed to unite the players rather than divide them, and five days later, the MLBPA proposed to play 114 games with expanded playoffs over the next two years. MLB has floated a 48-game schedule at full pro-rated pay, but never made that offer. Now, more than a week after the players made their proposal, the owners have responded with a proposal that’s somehow worse than their offer from two weeks ago.

As Karl Ravech first reported, the owners made an offer for 75% of pro-rated salaries for 76 games. He noted that the deal came with playoff pool money and that draft compensation for free agents would be eliminated. Jared Diamond reported that players were only guaranteed 50% of their pro-rated pay and would need to complete the playoffs to receive the rest. Diamond further reported that 20% of the $170 million advance would be forgiven. While the free agent compensation issue isn’t nothing, given the likely market climate this winter and the potential reduction in qualifying offers to begin with, it’s not clear how much this will actually benefit players. Overall, this offer is likely to be another unfortunate setback in the negotiations between the players and the owners, as it guarantees players less money than the owners’ other offer and pays them no more money upon completion of the playoffs.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

So the season is normally 162 games. The owners suggested a 76 games season with the players getting a guaranteed %50 of their salary and possibly up to %75 of their salary and it's all the owners fault?

I'm confused how playing less than %50 of the normal games but make %50 of your salary makes the owners a bunch of greedy ********.

I want baseball back, I miss it as much as anyone and more than most, trust me. But do we really expect the owners to just pay for the entire season out of the goodness of their own hearts?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Professional Owners of sports all the time say that they're the ones taking the risk. That's why it's fair for them to make so much money even when most of them often have little to do with the team. That's the general argument. The players don't want to let the owners pass the buck and slash their top dollars in a sport where arbitration ****s them, the grind is real, and to top it all off letting the owners skate away from their main pivot point? Why would players ever want to reduce their salaries for the sake of the owners?

Teams that are tanking and look to just be profit machines are also keen to let the season slide away. Sorry, the owners are in the wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    So the season is normally 162 games. The owners suggested a 76 games season with the players getting a guaranteed %50 of their salary and possibly up to %75 of their salary and it's all the owners fault?

I'm confused how playing less than %50 of the normal games but make %50 of your salary makes the owners a bunch of greedy ********.

I want baseball back, I miss it as much as anyone and more than most, trust me. But do we really expect the owners to just pay for the entire season out of the goodness of their own hearts?
    No. They are proposing players play half a season and get a quarter of their pay.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    No. They are proposing players play half a season and get a quarter of their pay.
    Maybe I read it wrong, I thought it said %50.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the owners aren't being turds, I just don't see it as %100 on them. The players are going to have to give a little.

If what you say is true then yeah **** them.

Honestly, it's been one of the most depressing things about this whole Covid thing for me so I don't even like reading about it. Between my kids' seasons getting canceled and the MLB season being in limbo I am just sick about all of it.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Maybe I read it wrong, I thought it said %50.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the owners aren't being turds, I just don't see it as %100 on them. The players are going to have to give a little.

If what you say is true then yeah **** them.

Honestly, it's been one of the most depressing things about this whole Covid thing for me so I don't even like reading about it. Between my kids' seasons getting canceled and the MLB season being in limbo I am just sick about all of it.
    50% of their pro-rated play. So 50% of 50% ... 25%.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The initial proposal (and this is the big bucks guy, so it doesn’t look as bad), I saw (I believe it was) Bryce Harper makes $35M a year, and he would make $8M. They’ve revised it to eight less games for that same $8M.

At this point, the season is in real jeopardy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    50% of their pro-rated play. So 50% of 50% ... 25%.
    Oh okay. Yeah **** that shit. That's fubar.

I didn't get the prorated thing. I figured the %50 was the prorated.

I'm all for fairness. Break down the salary per game and that's what the guys get. Use that as a starting point and maybe negotiate the numbers off of it slightly one way or the other based on whatever. I don't know that just seems fair to me.

If the fans can't go, then that's where the owners "risk" thing takes ahold and tough cookie owner that's just the way it goes, that's what TV contracts are for.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

It's not worth risking the injury for that pay.

All I ever hear is that the common person needs to be accountable, save money, live within their means, and not look for any help. Apparently the owners are too good for that -- jerks.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Oh okay. Yeah **** that shit. That's fubar.

I didn't get the prorated thing. I figured the %50 was the prorated.

I'm all for fairness. Break down the salary per game and that's what the guys get. Use that as a starting point and maybe negotiate the numbers off of it slightly one way or the other based on whatever. I don't know that just seems fair to me.

If the fans can't go, then that's where the owners "risk" thing takes ahold and tough cookie owner that's just the way it goes, that's what TV contracts are for.
    Hell yeah Chaz. That's what I'm feeling!

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

As much as I hate to say it -- the Rockies ****** up the offseason so badly that I wasn't eagerly anticipating the season and I don't miss it all that much. I miss being able to play fantasy baseball - but I don't miss Rockies baseball as much as I would if they weren't such a garbage franchise.

14. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

As much as I hate to say it -- the Rockies ****** up the offseason so badly that I wasn't eagerly anticipating the season and I don't miss it all that much. I miss being able to play fantasy baseball - but I don't miss Rockies baseball as much as I would if they weren't such a garbage franchise.
    Its weird because even as a casual Baseball fan they always hold my interest from April - July. I'm always good to go to about 5 games a summer and watch/listen to most of the rest. With the NBA and NHL basically jumping right into the Playoffs next month and the NFL starting up shortly after that. their window came and went without me giving a crap.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

MLB draft tonight.

Torkelson, an Arizona State infielder, was always going to the Tigers. I haven’t paid too much attention to it this year, though. Royals are up next. Rockies pick ninth.

17. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information