Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Kobe Bryant Dies in Helicopter Crash ... Everyone On Board Dead

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I feel bad that people died. But I can't understand how their lives are more important than the thousand of other people that also died that day
    This seems like just being contrary for the sake of being contrary. Obviously the death of someone you are aware of and are fond of is going to impact you more than someone you've never heard of. That's cool that you care equally about every single person who has ever died, but most people are more emotionally impacted by deaths of people who had some sort of impact on their lives.

2. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Altobelli’s daughter lost her entire family.......father, mother, and sister. You don't hear that everyday. i feel so bad for that young lady.
    I attended my niece's high school graduation near Evergreen about 20 years ago and one of the last names called caused everyone to stop, cheer and rise from their seats as he walked across the stage to get his diploma.

Afterwards, my sister said "I suppose you're curious what that was all about". She then said the boy had, three years earlier, arranged to go on a ski trip with his parents, brother and best friend but became sick the day of the trip and had to stay home while the others flew off to a resort. His father was a pilot who had experience with small planes. Later that day, police came to his door to inform him that the plane had crashed and there were no survivors. He had no other family so some neighbors took him in and the town rallied behind him, making sure he had everything he needed to make the best of his life and be ready for college. It must have been a very rough experience for him but I hope he realized the second chance in life God had given him.

I'm not sure if the students were applauding the boy or themselves but, either way, a standing ovation was deserved. It's too bad more communities don't respond this way. I hope this Altobelli daughter can experience the love of those around her offering their help.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    This seems like just being contrary for the sake of being contrary. Obviously the death of someone you are aware of and are fond of is going to impact you more than someone you've never heard of. That's cool that you care equally about every single person who has ever died, but most people are more emotionally impacted by deaths of people who had some sort of impact on their lives.
    Well, we should take this discussion to the lounge or something.

People are mourning in here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Was curious about the mother/daughter who died and found a couple interesting articles, you guys might find interesting.

An article about Sarah and Payton Chester who were on the helicopter.

https://www.ocregister.com/2020/01/2...h-kobe-bryant/

This is just about Kobe and the Mamba team and how well liked he was among the high school basketball community and how generous he was with his time and encouragement not just of his team, but others.

https://www.ocregister.com/2020/01/2...all-community/

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I feel bad that people died. But I can't understand how their lives are more important than the thousand of other people that also died that day
    I think a slightly more constructive version of this take is that some deaths affect me, and others I'm totally unaffected by -- and it's an inexact science... So based on that, we should give everyone the space to process their emotions how they see fit.

People just want to be outraged about anything these days -- backlash at the NBA for not cancelling the games, backlash at people grieving Kobe from the sexual assault victim crowd, or the "celebrity deaths don't matter" crowd, backlash against "speak ill of the dead" crowd, backlash, backlash, backlash. Too many opinions -- best to sit on the sidelines.

10. The Following 6 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I think a slightly more constructive version of this take is that some deaths affect me, and others I'm totally unaffected by
    Same here. I was surprised how unaffected I was with the deaths of David Bowie, Prince and Tom Petty.

But I'm old enough to remember when Elvis died. It doesn't get more shocking than that. He was the King of Rock and Roll.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Kobe's death and those that were with him is unfortunate but doesnt affect me in any way. But musicians like Neil Peart and Sean Reinhart certainly do so i get Buff's point.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I think a slightly more constructive version of this take is that some deaths affect me, and others I'm totally unaffected by -- and it's an inexact science... So based on that, we should give everyone the space to process their emotions how they see fit.

People just want to be outraged about anything these days -- backlash at the NBA for not cancelling the games, backlash at people grieving Kobe from the sexual assault victim crowd, or the "celebrity deaths don't matter" crowd, backlash against "speak ill of the dead" crowd, backlash, backlash, backlash. Too many opinions -- best to sit on the sidelines.
    You are probably right. Forget I said anything.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

You are probably right. Forget I said anything.
    I always do!

15. The Following 5 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

On this issue I generally side with slim but I totally get buffalo soldier’s point of view

So much of life is actually better on the sidelines!

17. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    On this issue I generally side with slim but I totally get buffalo soldier’s point of view

So much of life is actually better on the sidelines!
    Fire up a thread in the lounge. I want to berate BTB in the worst way

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Fire up a thread in the lounge. I want to berate BTB in the worst way
    Surely you aren't stupid enough to not know how to make a thread!

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Surely you aren't stupid enough to not know how to make a thread!
    I am lazy!!!

22. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Alright, **** it

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

We live in an information age. Great tragedies killing thousands of people would not have even reached most folks 100+ years ago. Now, we know about people dying from disease in China. Back during WWI, you might not even know that a loved one had died in combat until weeks later. There is a point of "compassion overload" when folks are confronted with so much misery spread by the speed and depth of common media that we become numb to stories of human pain and death.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information