Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Kobe Bryant Dies in Helicopter Crash ... Everyone On Board Dead

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Given where they were headed, I worry that the others dead were friends of the daughter, not so much friends of Kobe. Possibly the first helicopter ride for some (come to think of it, I'm 60+ and I've never been in a helicopter).

Watching video of the crash site made me think that we were probably looking at a helicopter crash from one of many news helicopters who flew out to cover it. Chopper pilots say it's a zoo up there during a major event because so many news stations, plus local police, are up there buzzing around and all are focused on getting the best camera shot. It's miraculous there aren't more crashes.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Given where they were headed, I worry that the others dead were friends of the daughter, not so much friends of Kobe. Possibly the first helicopter ride for some (come to think of it, I'm 60+ and I've never been in a helicopter).

Watching video of the crash site made me think that we were probably looking at a helicopter crash from one of many news helicopters who flew out to cover it. Chopper pilots say it's a zoo up there during a major event because so many news stations, plus local police, are up there buzzing around and all are focused on getting the best camera shot. It's miraculous there aren't more crashes.
    A horrible way to go. We think of these athletes as if theyre immortal for their God given talent. All that fame and money and in the end he was killed in an accident like a reg dude, and the family dealing with the tragedy too. Just terrible.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I will never ride in a helicopter or a small aircraft. I feel like you see stories of one of those crashing just about every other week. That just has to be such a horrifying way to go, plummeting toward the ground knowing that you're stuck in there.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    A horrible way to go. We think of these athletes as if theyre immortal for their God given talent. All that fame and money and in the end he was killed in an accident like a reg dude, and the family dealing with the tragedy too. Just terrible.
    You think of them as immortal?

That is strange to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    You think of them as immortal?

That is strange to me.
    Not immortal in the literal sense.

IMO, seems like a poor decision to fly in such foggy conditions. LAPD grounded their aircraft due to the fog.

Just because you're rich enough to fly in a helicopter doesn't mean you always have to.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    IMO, seems like a poor decision to fly in such foggy conditions. LAPD grounded their aircraft due to the fog.

Just because you're rich enough to fly in a helicopter doesn't mean you always have to.
    Have they determined exactly why it crashed? Someone had mentioned it caught on fire or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Have they determined exactly why it crashed? Someone had mentioned it caught on fire or something.
    IDK, could have been engine trouble as people on the ground heard sputtering and the helicopter appeared to be rapidly rising and descending just prior to crash.

But if you're having engine trouble you want to get the aircraft to the ground as soon as possible and the poor visibility did not help with those efforts at all.

9. The Following User High Fived WTE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

11. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

It's leaking out that two of the other victims were baseball coach John Altobelli and his wife. Altobelli coached college baseball and in the Cape Cod leagues. No other details and not sure the veracity of this other than I've seen it in two places.

Oh, and some chick at the Washington Post is in hot water for tweeting a link to an old news report about the Eagle CO alleged rape case that was eventually settled out of court. She responded later she had received "thousands of death threats" after the tweet. And the BBC caught hell for showing clips of Lebron James in their obit on Kobe.
    Last edited by OrangeHoof; 01-27-2020 at 09:49 AM.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    It's leaking out that two of the other victims were baseball coach John Altobelli and his wife. Altobelli coached college baseball and in the Cape Cod leagues. No other details and not sure the veracity of this other than I've seen it in two places.
    Like when I posted it up above in response to you?

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post

Sikorsky S-76 is a little more sophisticated than what LAPD has. Doesn’t take away the fact they could of taken more precautions due to weather. The S76 has the navigation system to fly in inclement weather.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Chopper was spinning out of control before it hit and exploded. Video is online. Seemed like a mechanical issue?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

17. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Chopper was spinning out of control before it hit and exploded. Video is online. Seemed like a mechanical issue?
    You've been duped. The video purported to be of Kobe's doomed flight was a 2018 crash in the middle east

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information