Thread: MLB plans 'robot umps' to call balls, strikes during spring training games

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default MLB plans 'robot umps' to call balls, strikes during spring training games

Commissioner Rob Manfred said Major League Baseball plans to use a computerized camera system to call balls and strikes during spring training games this year, expanding the sport's implementation of "robot umpires."

Manfred announced MLB's plans Wednesday during an interview with Fox Business Network, saying that the "camera-based system" will be "more accurate than a human being standing there."

"We believe over the long haul it's going to be more accurate," Manfred said. "It will reduce controversy in the game and be good for the game."
    rest - https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...training-games

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

It's about time!
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Thank God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I am a very old school baseball fan. I read books about the dead ball era, I freaking love 2-1 pitchers duels and I miss catchers blocking the plate and hard slides into second to break up double plays. With that said, I want robot umps. Being a Rockies fan I am sick of seeing guys like Kershaw and Bumgarner get an extra 2 inches on all sides of the plate while the Rockies no names get squeezed.

I get that human error is part of the game, but that should be the error of the players and managers. I also think guys are throwing so hard with such wicked movement that it's getting too difficult to have an accurate and consistent zone.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

We just need to get the calls right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information