Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Derek Jeter, Larry Walker elected to Baseball Hall of Fame

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Yeah baseball players seldom wear hats.
    Football players don't have helmets on their busts.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Football players don't have helmets on their busts.
    Yes hats and helmets, they're the same.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Yes hats and helmets, they're the same.
    My point isn't about what the bust looks like. I just think it's silly you have to pick one team to represent. A player who played large chunks for multiple teams is inevitably going to piss off fans of whatever team he didn't pick.

4. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    My point isn't about what the bust looks like. I just think it's silly you have to pick one team to represent. A player who played large chunks for multiple teams is inevitably going to piss off fans of whatever team he didn't pick.
    The teams are represented in the words on the plaque and so on. But the baseball cap is an iconic part of the game. It's also good for fans of teams like the Rockies who don't get a lot of notoriety or acknowledgment to be represented in the Hall by their greats.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

The teams are represented in the words on the plaque and so on. But the baseball cap is an iconic part of the game. It's also good for fans of teams like the Rockies who don't get a lot of notoriety or acknowledgment to be represented in the Hall by their greats.
    I get it, it's just something I've always found odd.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    SpongeBob shirt worn by Larry Walker on Hall of Fame election day in high demand

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/01/2...hirt-sold-out/
    Can someone explain the spongebob thing to me? Would it be just like wearing a Simpsons shirt? I've never seen it -- and IMO adults in spongebob gear look like total goobers, but I'm open to another perspective.

8. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Can someone explain the spongebob thing to me? Would it be just like wearing a Simpsons shirt? I've never seen it -- and IMO adults in spongebob gear look like total goobers, but I'm open to another perspective.
    We were in a meeting at work earlier this week and one of the chicks was talking about her young son/cartoons. She says something like "I won't let him watch spongebob, cause it's really made for adults".

I had never heard that before and thought it was a pretty strange thing to say....but IDK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

10. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

It does have a lot of adult humor in it but I'm sure all of that goes right over kids' heads.

12. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    We were in a meeting at work earlier this week and one of the chicks was talking about her young son/cartoons. She says something like "I won't let him watch spongebob, cause it's really made for adults".

I had never heard that before and thought it was a pretty strange thing to say....but IDK.
    Same with my sister. Her kids are 10 and 14 have never watched Sponfgebob because its inappropriate. idk...
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

14. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Same with my sister. Her kids are 10 and 14 have never watched Sponfgebob because its inappropriate. idk...
    I'v never really watched it. My son will watch it once in awhile. I just assumed it was your basic harmless cartoon. Who knows
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I don't think I've ever watched SpongeBob for a minute in a row. I think I've probably seen tiny snippets as the kids we're watching but can't actually remember a single thing about it.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

17. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Spongebob was created to give kids an intro and appreciation of aquatic sea life. It also has hidden positive lessons it (working, money, cursing, cleaning, etc). It is funny for adults too. The first few seasons are hilarious. I dont watch it like that but I've seen it.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

It has a ton of dick/sex jokes.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I like it in principle, but when the Rays basically bribed Wade Boggs to wear theirs in the Hall, I wasn’t such a big fan of it. I’m glad he picked Colorado. I thought he would choose Montreal because he’s Canadian.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

21. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

That Walker is pimping it turns it from total goober territory to just goober territory. That's a world of difference, too.

Which is kind of obnoxious because I had it neatly arranged in my mind what spongebob symbolized, now it needs case by case analysis.

The whole thing could have been avoided.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information