Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: So bad they're good

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Default So bad they're good

My wife and I love a certain type of terrible movie. We love movies that are so bad they're good. The best example of this is The Room. Holy shit that thing is glorious.

I personally believe that one thing enjoyable so bad they're good movies have in common is that they were not meant to be bad. Movies like Sharknado do not fit into this category because it was made bad on purpose. The reason The Room is the king of SBTG movies is because the man who made it was really trying to make a good movie.

Here are some of my favorite SBTG movies to sit around and watch with a group of friends, alcohol and or pot are highly recommended accessories.

The Room
    Mac and Me
    Howard the Duck
    Plan 9 From Outer Space
    Night Killer
    Silent Night Deadly Night part 2
    Let's Rid3!!!!

2. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I’ve been debating myself about some of my favorite movies and whether or not they belong here.

Tremors, Spaceballs, the entire Hellraiser series, Fright Night (the remake)...but are these bad movies?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’ve been debating myself about some of my favorite movies and whether or not they belong here.

Tremors, Spaceballs, the entire Hellraiser series, Fright Night (the remake)...but are these bad movies?
    No.
    Tremors is campy horror/comedy but the acting, directing and technical aspects of the film were perfectly acceptable for the time it was released.

Spaceballs is spoof comedy, like Naked Gun or Airplane. Excellent films meant to be satirical. There are other movies in this genre that are just bad movies like the Scary Movie series.

Hellraiser, I've only seen the first 2, were fine examples of the horror genre.

Fright night remake I think was actually a pretty decent movie.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    No.
    Tremors is campy horror/comedy but the acting, directing and technical aspects of the film were perfectly acceptable for the time it was released.

Spaceballs is spoof comedy, like Naked Gun or Airplane. Excellent films meant to be satirical. There are other movies in this genre that are just bad movies like the Scary Movie series.

Yeah, that’s what I keep coming back to.

But ... I love me some Sharknado.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Machete
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    No.

Scary Movie 3 is great in my opinion. Right up there with any of those other spoof movies. That was the peak of the Scary Movie series.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Yeah, that’s what I keep coming back to.

But ... I love me some Sharknado.
    I love every second of every Sharknado movie. So bad but so good!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    It’s a shark. And a rope. And the shark climbs the rope!

Cinematic brilliance.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

It’s a shark. And a rope. And the shark climbs the rope!

Cinematic brilliance.
    The guy chainsawing his way out of a shark was the greatest moment in cinematic history and no one will convince me differently!

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The guy chainsawing his way out of a shark was the greatest moment in cinematic history and no one will convince me differently!
    Ian Ziering is the greatest actor of his generation.

16. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

But they're bad on purpose. That's not what we're talking about.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

18. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Saturday The 14th wasn't that bad, but it's bad enough to be in this category.

I don't know what the general consensus is for Not Another Teen Movie, but for me that movie was glorious.

20. The Following User High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I feel like I should be able to contribute to this thread, and I'm bummed I have nothing to offer. I have not seen any of the movies OP listed. I agree with OP's response to username MO who said Hellraiser and Tremors was bad.

I'm looking over this list. https://www.theringer.com/2017/6/19/...s-a9add81b5b7f

I've seen Demolition Man, but I liked it not because it was a train wreck. I just liked it. I think. Or maybe I was bored, idk. :/

Road House was great.

Over the Top was great.

I hate this list.

I'll keep looking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

22. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    Saturday The 14th wasn't that bad, but it's bad enough to be in this category.

I don't know what the general consensus is for Not Another Teen Movie, but for me that movie was glorious.
    I absolutely loved Not Another Teen Movie. Great pick.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Hawg, you have to watch The Room. It is a work of art. There are lines and scenes in that movie that you will carry with you for life. If you watch it with some friends who appreciate the type of humor that is laughing at bad movies you will be in for one fun night.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

25. The Following 3 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information