Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Of These Guys at 15, Which Would You Choose?

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Default Of These Guys at 15, Which Would You Choose?

Going off the most recent PFF mock, you're Elway sitting at #15. Which of these talented guys would you choose?

1. Javon Kinlaw, DT, S. Carolina (2nd best DL on the board)
    2. Grant Delpit, S, LSU (impact safety who could also be an inside LB in some sets)
    3. Josh Jones, LT, Houston (third best OT on the board)
    4. Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson (outside threat in very deep WR class)
    5. Laviska Shenault, WR, Colorado (highly productive and already altitude acclimated)
    6. Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah (rated third best CB in the draft)

For the sake of this exercise, assume anyone else in the draft you like better has already been taken.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Kinlaw or Johnson. Nod to kinlaw
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

3. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Going off the most recent PFF mock, you're Elway sitting at #15. Which of these talented guys would you choose?

1. Javon Kinlaw, DT, S. Carolina (2nd best DL on the board)
    2. Grant Delpit, S, LSU (impact safety who could also be an inside LB in some sets)
    3. Josh Jones, LT, Houston (third best OT on the board)
    4. Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson (outside threat in very deep WR class)
    5. Laviska Shenault, WR, Colorado (highly productive and already altitude acclimated)
    6. Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah (rated third best CB in the draft)

For the sake of this exercise, assume anyone else in the draft you like better has already been taken.

Javon Kinlaw 1st choice
    Higgins 2nd choice
    Shenault 3rd choice

pass on delpit and Johnson at 15, delpit is correct value at 15 but a wasted pick with simmons and Jackson being here next year. Josh Jones is a reach at 15.....2nd rd propsect....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Delpit or Johnson.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Delpit or Johnson.
    Did you say that just to tweak Elevation?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Did you say that just to tweak Elevation?
    Nah.

I like both players and i think Delpit will be a better pro than both our safeties we have now. But, both would also add depth to a depleted defense.

10. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

In the first round I don't think you worry about how stacked you are at that position (unless it's QB) and should generally just pick the best player and figure out the rest later. If it's a safety where we already have two good ones, but you think the guy in the draft is better, pick him and deal one of the guys you have for other assets. Or trade down if your feel there is a talent dropoff past that safety.

12. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Of this list...Kinlaw and then Higgins. The Ute would be 3rd

14. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Laviska.

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Kinlaw. He makes whole defense better. Also, because the WR is so deep , I think there will be another gem in the second round like Sutton was there for us. Id take Reagor in round two, that would give us a great punt returner to boot.

Second....Close one between Higgins and Laviska. Right now, nod to Laviska. Depends on how much weight Higgins puts on before draft, and how people talk about his toughness. He can pluck the ball out of the air with the best of them. But are you gonna go across the middle in traffic? Block? Box out? One trick ponys dont make it in this league unless your name is Randy Moss.
    Laviska is tough, thats seen. So at this point Id have to go with Laviska. Higgs, more talent and upside. Laviska will play right away in many positions.

I
    IN PATON I TRUST.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Why such a push for a WR. We have Sutton as a WR1. Why 1st round draft a WR in a deep class if you already have your main guy and a bunch of other young WR as well. Sign a vet in FA and call it a day.

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Why such a push for a WR. We have Sutton as a WR1. Why 1st round draft a WR in a deep class if you already have your main guy and a bunch of other young WR as well. Sign a vet in FA and call it a day.
    A couple reasons. The top guys in FA are going to be to expensive. Robby Anderson our best bet in FA at a field stretching deep threat will probably also be priced out of our range, the rest of the FA class is no better then Patrick or Hamilton. With Shurmur and his scheme we will be running a lot of 3 wide. Untill the last 2 games Hamilton has shown zero consistency, and patrick is good for about 1 maybe 2 flash plays a game but not consistently. Our offense sucks, we need weapons and talent. Thats why WR should be Considered. Do we take a WR at 15, only if its BPA in my opinion. We all know we need to adress the OL and DL, but we can't reach for a position of need if the value doesnt line up. Thats how we ended up with a guy like Bolles to begin with. Should we take a WR in the first 3 rds? Absolutely. We can't and shouldnt be satisfied with what we have seen from the WR position from any one other then Sutton the last year and he needs help to prevent double teams the entire game....

Ideally we have Sutton and A very good, Speedier Outside guy from the draft or FA, hamilton in the slot, backed by spencer, and Patrick as our number 4 for backing up the outside spots. Throw in winfree and another draft pick and UDFA for competetion....and its a improvement which we clearly need.
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 01-18-2020 at 03:04 PM.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    A couple reasons. The top guys in FA are going to be to expensive. Robby Anderson our best bet in FA at a field stretching deep threat will probably also be priced out of our range, the rest of the FA class is no better then Patrick or Hamilton. With Shurmur and his scheme we will be running a lot of 3 wide. Untill the last 2 games Hamilton has shown zero consistency, and patrick is good for about 1 maybe 2 flash plays a game but not consistently. Our offense sucks, we need weapons and talent. Thats why WR should be Considered. Do we take a WR at 15, only if its BPA in my opinion. We all know we need to adress the OL and DL, but we can't reach for a position of need if the value doesnt line up. Thats how we needed up with a guy like Bolles to begin with. Should we take a WR in the first 3 rds? Absolutely. We can't and shouldnt be satisfied with what we have seen from the WR position from any one other then Sutton the last year and he needs help to prevent double teams the entire game....

Ideally we have Sutton and A very good, Speedier Outside guy from the draft or FA, hamilton in the slot, backed by spencer, and Patrick as our number 4 for backing up the outside spots. Throw in winfree and another draft pick and UDFA for competetion....and its a improvement which we clearly need.
    When Sanders was here and healthy, we had two legit WR threats. Now we just have one. Doesn't have to be in the first but there are some good guys who will be there in the first two rounds, about 10 of them from Alabama and another dozen who played at LSU. Seems like every team now has some 6-2 to 6-6 guy with 4.4 speed who wins jump balls like there is an assembly line somewhere that makes them. Finding the guy willing to work instead of rest on his size and speed is the key. It was so easy for them in college. Now they have to match up with a guy like Jalen Ramsey or Richard Sherman and they are going to have to be better.

23. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I don’t understand all the patience with Bolles, I’ve been one of his biggest supporters and I’ve had it with him. Such is the power of PFF.

Make mine Jones.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

25. The Following 3 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information