Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35

Thread: Alex Cora, Red Sox part ways in wake of investigations

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    63,095

    Default

    What does this have to do with Cora?

    My god are teams so scared of the Dodgers that they have to cheat like this?

    This is some bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Yall know Im an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

  2. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:


  3. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen
    Posts
    95,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    What does this have to do with Cora?

    My god are teams so scared of the Dodgers that they have to cheat like this?

    This is some bullshit.
    What does it have to do with Cora? He was the bench coach in Houston who helped the players come up with “the banging scheme” (can’t make that up), and the later systems both with Houston and later when he moved to Boston. Hinch, while he didn’t expose it or stop it, actually hated it and reportedly destroyed cameras to stop it. And he got a year suspension. Cora for instigating it, along with Beltran, should get lengthy suspensions. Red Sox headed that off at the past. He still should get a lengthy suspension.

    They do love their cheating in Boston, don’t they?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I love the Shitgun.

  4. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    63,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    What does it have to do with Cora? He was the bench coach in Houston who helped the players come up with “the banging scheme” (can’t make that up), and the later systems both with Houston and later when he moved to Boston. Hinch, while he didn’t expose it or stop it, actually hated it and reportedly destroyed cameras to stop it. And he got a year suspension. Cora for instigating it, along with Beltran, should get lengthy suspensions. Red Sox headed that off at the past. He still should get a lengthy suspension.

    They do love their cheating in Boston, don’t they?
    I don't think the random NE Patriots stuff matters, which is what I was referring to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Yall know Im an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

  5. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen
    Posts
    95,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I don't think the random NE Patriots stuff matters, which is what I was referring to.
    Ah, my bad. Also, **** the Cheatriots.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I love the Shitgun.

  6. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:


  7. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Big Cok Lock
    Posts
    52,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    What does this have to do with Cora?

    My god are teams so scared of the Dodgers that they have to cheat like this?

    This is some bullshit.
    No one is scared of the dodgers.

    In fact, we are all glad the Red Sox cheated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Rock of Eternity
    Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock
    Posts
    15,437

    Default

    King my point was if a fan of the Patriots is critical of the Manager of the Sox for cheating the same criticism should apply for the Patriots too.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    63,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    No one is scared of the dodgers.

    In fact, we are all glad the Red Sox cheated.
    You lack honor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Yall know Im an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    18,646

    Default

    It looks like Carlos Beltran, the new Mets manager and the only player implicated in the Houston Astros scandal, could be the next domino to fall.

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Big Cok Lock
    Posts
    52,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    You lack honor.
    True, but I have hate in spades
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

  12. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:


  13. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    9,123

    Default

    Forget about deflating footballs, what about the recordings of other team's practices the Patriots have done. That's far more similar to the things the Astros did.

    BTW, if titles should be stripped because of cheating, shouldn't we strip all the Yankee championships won while admitted steroid cheat Alex Rodriguez played for them?
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

  14. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Burlintgon, VT
    Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller
    Posts
    44,171

    Default

    Stripping titles is stupid. It's a symbolic thing that doesn't really mean anything. Doesn't take away anyone's memory of those games happening. It's dumb that they do it in college and they shouldn't do it in the pros.
    www.twitter.com/carnold744

    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I must not be that intelligent
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Wave you a skinny douchebag fag queer boy punk ass little shit

  15. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    18,646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Forget about deflating footballs, what about the recordings of other team's practices the Patriots have done.
    I wasn't aware of this. Can you please provide a link that has not been debunked.

    Name:  sorry.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  13.5 KB

  16. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Stripping titles is stupid. It's a symbolic thing that doesn't really mean anything. Doesn't take away anyone's memory of those games happening. It's dumb that they do it in college and they shouldn't do it in the pros.
    So do whatever it takes to win a title because they can’t take it away from you.

  17. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    63,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Stripping titles is stupid. It's a symbolic thing that doesn't really mean anything. Doesn't take away anyone's memory of those games happening. It's dumb that they do it in college and they shouldn't do it in the pros.
    I disagree. They're remembered as stripped titles and there's shame to it. It means your own sport officially doesn't recognize your ill-gotten gains. For what it's worth, the 'Stros fans I know around here -all are from Texas and are legit and love the team- don't want it to be stripped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Yall know Im an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

  18. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Izzy Mac
    Posts
    30,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Stripping titles is stupid. It's a symbolic thing that doesn't really mean anything. Doesn't take away anyone's memory of those games happening. It's dumb that they do it in college and they shouldn't do it in the pros.
    Bad hot take!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Insurer looks to part ways with NFL
    By MOtorboat in forum Other NFL Team Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-14-2012, 07:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group