Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 47

Thread: Houston Astros' Jeff Luhnow, AJ Hinch suspended 1 year

  1. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Do the right thing and strip them of their WS victory.
    If they keep the title then it was all worth it.

  2. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:


  3. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Cora is in trouble. He appears to be one of the instigators.

    No wonder he is so popular in New England.
    He is?

    You're wrong. I always thought he was arrogant. Thinks he's the smartest baseball guy in the room.

    I didn't watch or listen to a single game last year. Mainly because of him.

  4. #18

    Default

    Not necessarily saying I agree but this is a take from longtime MLBer Tim Flannery

    From Tim Flannery .... They are fining teams who try to steal signs ...hahahaha..got out just in time .

    Ok...I feel a need to speak out, normal is changing, and today's norm is not the norm.
    For 26 years I was in the big leagues , 10 as a player, 16 as a 3rd base coach , 20 if you count the other years learning the craft in the minor leagues , from Boise , to Wichita. The seriousness of the writer, the expertise from the front office man, the commissioner, to those who have never lived it. Here it is...I have 25 World Series games under my belt, 7 elimination games, and a 7th game of a World Series. 5 World Series ,3 World Championships I know it don't mean much to those in front of a computer, with the answers and all the rules. So I'm gonna make a long story short. I had a video camera on every 3rd base coach every single night, I spent hours logging tapes trying to steal your signs and finding a way to beat you. You as well did it, in New York I knew the Valentine Mets did it, I knew the Cubs did it, I knew the Dbacks, St. Louis did it, I caught them, that's when the fun begins , you **** em up by changing signs, you tell the boys " if I put a hit and run on first pitch don't do anything, they will pitch out and now they don't have the signs, and you're in a hitters count" the list goes on and on.....if you aren't smart enough ( and believe me this isn't rocket science, it's being somewhat aware) it's your fault, now the game is turned into no breaking up double plays , don't slide hard at home, don't block the plate.if you are not creative enough to derail them, you've stopped thinking. As far as some of the greatest baseball writers who I love, read and listen to, and hang with. You are so off on the sign stuff. It's a high stakes poker game, big money especially as coaches . If you get caught , if your signs are stolen and you don't know in the moment they are close, they are on you...your not thinking, and now because of that the commissioner comes in not understanding, the writers write stealing signs is wrong. We had an advance scout that could watch your 3rd base coach for 3 days and be real close to getting his signs. He would send his report and I would watch you, or have a camera on you, if you haven't played , you don't understand how important this part of the game should be. You don't understand I would not only try and steal your hit and run sign, I would put our hit and run on that my guys knew, then in the same sequence put the other teams hit and run on so when they look at their cameras that we all used to steal the signs they would see and in their minds " shit they have the same sign for hit and run we have". It's propaganda war fare, its trying to beat you......so why you claim people aren't watching baseball because it takes to long, I say your taking the smarts out of it. ...I tried every night for 16 years to steal your signs either writing every thing you did down, or by looking at tapes because I had a camera on you, just like you had on me. Please leave the game alone, and every writer who wrote articles on this..be in church Sunday,because I know for a fact everyone of you looked at body language , vibe, and found a way to snake another writer to get the feature, get the win., leaving it with no creativity, no thinking, and the dumbing down of the greatest game ever......not that I know anything about it....Peace Tim Flannery.

  5. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:


  6. #19

    Default

    It is easy if you have a TV monitor and a garbage can.


  7. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wolfe
    Posts
    38,096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    It is easy if you have a TV monitor and a garbage can.

    Or a separate "media organization" under the ownership umbrella and special access for "media" purposes.

    Either way works.

  8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:


  9. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen
    Posts
    94,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Not necessarily saying I agree but this is a take from longtime MLBer Tim Flannery
    There is and will always be something fundamentally different between a player getting a double and standing on second trying to figure out what the indicator is, going back to the dugout and informing other players and then trying to get back to second and use that to their advantage than having a video camera trained on the catcher’s hands even with no one on base and relaying video to the clubhouse.

    Or doing what he was doing, which is figuring out what all the motions are at third base. It’s just different. There’s also the idea that a bunt sign or a steal sign might not even get called in a game, but the pitcher is throwing 60 fastballs and 20 curves tonight and we know exactly when they’re coming. It’s just way different to me. It’s more than stealing signs. It’s knowing signs.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I love the Shitgun.

  10. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:


  11. #22

    Default



    Run through a passive-aggressive translator, the Dodgers' words mirrored what a team president had said earlier in the day.

    "Crane won," he said. "The entire thing was programmed to protect the future of the franchise. He got his championship. He keeps his team. His fine is nothing. The sport lost, but Crane won."

  12. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    62,156

    Default

    It doesn't mean much unless the Astros at least apologize to the Dodgers.
    I'm smooth with it because I know what to do with it.

  13. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    It doesn't mean much unless the Astros at least apologize to the Dodgers.
    But it's my understanding they weren't able to use that system with the monitors in the playoffs so why should the Dodgers or their fans feel cheated?

  14. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    But it's my understanding they weren't able to use that system with the monitors in the playoffs so why should the Dodgers or their fans feel cheated?
    Are you familiar with the term "flawed messenger"?

    ...As someone who only associates with organizations with the highest integrity -- maybe you should let me handle this...

    King - it's my understanding they weren't able to use that system with the monitors in the playoffs so why should the Dodgers or their fans feel cheated?

  15. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:


  16. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Burlintgon, VT
    Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller
    Posts
    43,787

    Default

    They were still in a position to get the 1 seed and have an easier path to the WS through the regular season cheating, so it did help.
    www.twitter.com/carnold744

    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I must not be that intelligent
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Wave you a skinny douchebag fag queer boy punk ass little shit

  17. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:


  18. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    There is and will always be something fundamentally different between a player getting a double and standing on second trying to figure out what the indicator is, going back to the dugout and informing other players and then trying to get back to second and use that to their advantage than having a video camera trained on the catcher’s hands even with no one on base and relaying video to the clubhouse.

    Or doing what he was doing, which is figuring out what all the motions are at third base. It’s just different. There’s also the idea that a bunt sign or a steal sign might not even get called in a game, but the pitcher is throwing 60 fastballs and 20 curves tonight and we know exactly when they’re coming. It’s just way different to me. It’s more than stealing signs. It’s knowing signs.
    I agree. Just wanted to point out a different perspective. I also have to add that something like this was inevitable. The sport of Baseball has existed for over a hundred years with a "wink wink nudge nudge" attitude toward cheating. It is in all honesty a part of it's charm.

    Hell, my son's team figured out how to steal signs from second base when they were 11. Figured it out on their own and we did nothing to stop it. We taught our pitchers and catchers how to disguise the signs when there was a runner on second. Our bench would watch the third base coach in every game trying to figure out their signs. It was a great way for kids to stay involved in the game. That stuff is part of baseball.

    But, I do agree with your point.

  19. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    62,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Are you familiar with the term "flawed messenger"?

    ...As someone who only associates with organizations with the highest integrity -- maybe you should let me handle this...

    King - it's my understanding they weren't able to use that system with the monitors in the playoffs so why should the Dodgers or their fans feel cheated?
    I suppose that could be so. However, I'm not buying it. They still had signals from prior games. I haven't seen anything that says they weren't cheating in the World Series.
    I'm smooth with it because I know what to do with it.

  20. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen
    Posts
    94,456

    Default

    Beltran has resigned from the Mets. He was probably facing suspension too.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I love the Shitgun.

  21. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Beltran has resigned from the Mets. He was probably facing suspension too.
    I suspect stuff was going on with the Yankees last season with Beltran on the coaching staff.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group