Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fire Shurmur!

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    He's not an idiot. Davii is predicting and I would say with 100% accuracy where you'll be should the offense not light it up immediately. Then you'll tell us how you were always against bringing in Shurmur. Oh for the sake of your next reply the coffee smiley is to follow.
    He's right, I'm a complete idiot. Where he's wrong though is I'm also right in this one instance, Elway did it, so at some point, he will be in violent opposition.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    He's right, I'm a complete idiot. Where he's wrong though is I'm also right in this one instance, Elway did it, so at some point, he will be in violent opposition.
    No, you're completely wrong on all points.

Elway did not do it. Vic Fangio did it. Elway is finally letting Fangio hire an OC who he feels more comfortable with. Why they didn't do it last year nobody can explain.

There ZERO evidence that Elway was the one who wanted Scangerello fired. NOBODY has said that. It was Fangio taking advantage of the chance to mold his coaching staff as he wants it.

And I seriously doubt that Scangerello was the reason the Broncos Offense sucked this past season anyway.

He didn't help, but it was the lack of talent. And that is on Elway, not Scangerello.

I was not calling for Scangerello to be fired. I'm pretty much indifferent to the move. I think it might help marginally, because Shurmer is a much more experienced play caller, and he did a good job developing Jones, but expecting big things from changing the OC without getting quality talent on offense is pointless.

You can't compete for SBs with Garrett Bolles at LT. It just don't work.
    So, if the Broncos offense struggles, it will be because Elway failed to strengthen the OL and get a reliable 2nd WR who is a red zone threat and failed to get a 2nd TE weapon to go with Noah Fant.

That and the failure to sign good FAs and re-sign the good players he's got.
    Last edited by Cugel; 01-13-2020 at 01:58 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post

Elway did not do it. Vic Fangio did it. Elway is finally letting Fangio hire an OC who he feels more comfortable with. Why they didn't do it last year nobody can explain.

And I seriously doubt that Scangerello was the reason the Broncos Offense sucked this past season. He didn't help, but it was the lack of talent. And that is on Elway, not Scangerello.

I was not calling for Scangerello to be fired. I'm pretty much indifferent to the move. I think it might help marginally, because Shurmer is a much more experienced play caller, and he did a good job developing Jones, but expecting big things from changing the OC without getting quality talent on offense is pointless.

And I'm not going to call for Pat Shurmer to be fired either.
    Like everyone else Bolles did play marginally better.

Lets see what Shurmer thinks of Bolles too.

Theyre going to Draft more OLine and T anyway
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

5. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

And I seriously doubt that Scangerello was the reason the Broncos Offense sucked this past season anyway.

He didn't help, but it was the lack of talent. And that is on Elway, not Scangerello.
    So, since coaches don't matter, if the Broncos offense are good in 2020, it won't be due to Shurmur, but instead all because of Elway?

7. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post

So, since coaches don't matter, if the Broncos offense are good in 2020, it won't be due to Shurmur, but instead all because of Elway?
    ...im not buying that. Plenty of coaches make lemonade outta lemons.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

The irony is that Cugel at one point backed a lot of Elway's post-SB moves and he and I got into a lot. He's not anti-Elway to be ant-Elway, you damned beasts!

Regarding this thread, at some point Shurmur will be fired or not retained...but that will be in five years after a SB victory or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

10. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

There ZERO evidence that Elway was the one who wanted Scangerello fired. NOBODY has said that. It was Fangio taking advantage of the chance to mold his coaching staff as he wants it.

So, if the Broncos offense struggles, it will be because Elway failed to strengthen the OL and get a reliable 2nd WR who is a red zone threat and failed to get a 2nd TE weapon to go with Noah Fant.

That and the failure to sign good FAs and re-sign the good players he's got.
    Oh, I see.... so you've accused Elway of getting involved in coaching decisions before but since you like this one it wasn't Elway.

Got it. At least you're consistent with your Elway hatred.

For now..... until it doesn't work out then of course it was Elway.

12. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    The irony is that Cugel at one point backed a lot of Elway's post-SB moves and he and I got into a lot. He's not anti-Elway to be ant-Elway, you damned beasts!

Regarding this thread, at some point Shurmur will be fired or not retained...but that will be in five years after a SB victory or two.
    Yes. He is.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Being a complete idiot is the bond that binds us all.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

15. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

At least you and I anyhow.

17. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

At least you and I anyhow.
    True, some more than others.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

19. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I don't think you're idiot, just jaded.

Idiot. I'm not against Shurmer. Reportedly, the reason Shurmer wanted the job because he wants to work with Lock. He scouted Lock extensively during the draft and was a voice inside the Giants front office preferring Lock to Jones.

So, they got rid of Scangerello? So what? Was he awesome? No. He was an Elway selection, who was basically forced on Fangio as a first time coach, and now Fangio gets to pick his own OC.

This is Fangio's decision, not Elway's.

I'd say that's a good thing. Admittedly, its 5 coordinators in 6 years, but they obviously think they can be better than the play-calling they had this season. I'd say they're right.
    The Broncos’ first-time head coach will be leaning on a first-time offensive coordinator in 2019.

New coach Vic Fangio hired San Francisco 49ers quarterbacks coach Rich Scangarello on Wednesday following two days of meetings at the Broncos’ facility.

Fangio and Scangarello have never coached together, but once the 49ers granted permission for him to interview earlier this week, Scangarello traveled to Denver and was the only known candidate to be interviewed.

from this article: https://www.denverpost.com/2019/01/1...h-scangarello/

So ill ask in this thread too, where are you getting the idea that Elway made the Scang hire, would love to see the link to the podcast or the article. Not trying to start shit with you, just figure out who is right and not assume "something is obvious".

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Yes fire this bum. We haven't scored a single TD under his watch. This is unacceptable.

23. The Following 4 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information