Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Is this official yet?

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Is this official yet?
    Presser tomorrow or Wed afternoon is likely
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Last edited by Elevation inc; 01-13-2020 at 05:33 PM.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

4. The Following 6 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Another point not mentioned anywhere: The Giants are paying Shurmur whether he coaches or not. His contract with them had offset language, so anything he makes with the Broncos doesn't change the total he takes home.

6. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    Another point not mentioned anywhere: The Giants are paying Shurmur whether he coaches or not. His contract with them had offset language, so anything he makes with the Broncos doesn't change the total he takes home.
    This is actually the one thing that I don't like about the hire. The guy has just gone through the NYC ringer -- he's been a HC twice. I worry a little bit about how hungry he is for a 55 year old who has made his money and likely doesn't have anymore HC gigs in his future.

But again, the organization is valuing experience, so I'm open to it...

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    This is actually the one thing that I don't like about the hire. The guy has just gone through the NYC ringer -- he's been a HC twice. I worry a little bit about how hungry he is for a 55 year old who has made his money and likely doesn't have anymore HC gigs in his future.

I think he is here for the next 2-3 years, gets another HC offer and then depending on those results as a HC continues or retires.....he was given shit with the browns and in NY, thats why he is still respected around the league....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post

He wasnt exactly given the best situation or personnel with Browns or NYG. Im just saying bit youre right.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Don’t worry guys I know this is good in my gut just like when I told all of you flacco would crash and burn.....that’s how confident I am that this was a good upgrade....around the same time of year to......
    I hate you.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

11. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I hate you.
    We are Savage Bro...It's science.....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

13. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

MO will probably appreciate this piece, and I'd like to read his comments on it. Coach and G's comments would be appreciated too.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2020/...hurmur-offense

15. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    His record with QBs is impressive, but it does point out how conservative the Broncos want their offense to be. They want to run the ball like S.F. and have Lock be like Garoppolo and not throw it too much.
    From what I read last night, they are saying Shurmur is exactly the opposite of what you are saying, "conservative."

They said he will put Lock back in shotgun, which he is comfortable with. Expect him to stretch the field and take many more shots downfield. While not completely eliminated, far less throws to the TEs and RBs.

Assuming the above is true (mostly an SI article, but some others as well), it sounds like Shurmur is far from a conservative OC.

In one of the articles it pointed out how Lock's gunslinger mentality will mesh well with Shurmur expecting him to take shots down field.

17. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    From what I read last night, they are saying Shurmur is exactly the opposite of what you are saying, "conservative."

They said he will put Lock back in shotgun, which he is comfortable with. Expect him to stretch the field and take many more shots downfield. While not completely eliminated, far less throws to the TEs and RBs.

Assuming the above is true (mostly an SI article, but some others as well), it sounds like Shurmur is far from a conservative OC.

In one of the articles it pointed out how Lock's gunslinger mentality will mesh well with Shurmur expecting him to take shots down field.
    Basically if Cugel says it, expect the opposite.

19. The Following 5 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Basically if Cugel says it, expect the opposite.
    He's probably thinking about Fitz Shurmur, the defensive coordinator of the Packers back in the '90s.

21. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Shurmur spends first day at Broncos headquarters

https://www.9news.com/article/sports...1-66e164bd15b9

A deeper dive into Pat Shurmur's numbers, his fit with Broncos

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/spo...t-with-broncos

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

23. The Following 5 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    MO will probably appreciate this piece, and I'd like to read his comments on it. Coach and G's comments would be appreciated too.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2020/...hurmur-offense
    I’m not much concerned about whether he’s running zone or gap blocking. It’ll probably be a little of both, because it looks like he does run a version of the zone stretch. I like the counter action you can get in running the zone stretch from shotgun with the play fake reading the defensive end. That’s something he likely picked up from Reid when he worked with him a decade ago. But I think his base will be gap blocking and power runs with pulling guards. I think you can have success with either. The Broncos offensive line in the run game has been a top 10 line for the last three seasons, so hopefully they can make that continue.

My initial thoughts on the hire were that I liked how he used Evan Engram and O’Dell Beckham, but not necessarily how he used Saquon Barkley. Granted Barkley was hurt for some of the season, but even when he was reportedly healthy, he didn’t have many good games until the very end of the season when it just didn’t matter much and think they were just running the ball to run out the season. I’m not entirely enthused about how he seems to use running backs. Stephon Diggs has his breakout under Shurmur. But quick, who was the top rusher on that Minnesota team with Case Keenum? Who were the top backs on those Eagles teams of the 2000s or the Eagles team he came back to coach with Chip Kelly on?

I’m not sure why I’m the bell cow for Phillip Lindsay, but he and Courtland Sutton are the two best offensive players on the Broncos, and one wasn’t utilized very well last year and also plays a position that I’m not sure Shurmur’s offense fully utilizes. We’ll see. We always talk about wanting to see coaches adjust based on the personnel, and many say that do that, but then clearly don’t do that. If we found a guy who can put his ego aside on his scheme and work with what he has, that’d be super awesome. We got that with, gasp, Mike McCoy in that Tebow year and it did wonders. I don’t think that means beating Lindsay into a pulp to accomplish that.

I like the variety of offensive minds he’s worked with, especially Andy Reid and Chip Kelly. But as is always the issue, it’s how do you handle those offensive concepts when those guys aren’t on the headset telling you if they think a play will work. With Fangio being a defensive guy, the OC is on a little bit of an island. I can see why they wanted someone with more experience than Scangarello. So, while I’m maybe a little more optimistic than I was when I initially heard the hire, I’m still not 100% enthused, gung ho about it.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

25. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information