Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Pat Shurmur Hire is Imminent

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Default Pat Shurmur Hire is Imminent

That was QUICK. Mentioned in another thread, but deal seems imminent. Pat Shurmer will replace Scangarello.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Couldn't have asked for a better oc. Shurmer is a nother Wade Phillips or norv Turner type. Amazing enough coordinator to get multiple hc jobs. This is my ideal hire. Old well established vet coordinator who is probably never going to leave for another hc position

3. The Following 4 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Hope he sticks around for more than a year
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

i hate this

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Hope he sticks around for more than a year
    Nobody is going to give this guy another HC job after failed stints in Cleveland and New York. We will have him for as long as he is successful. He did really good work with Keenum, Bradford, and Foles.

I honestly don't think Scangarello gets fired unless this was already a done deal.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    Nobody is going to give this guy another HC job after failed stints in Cleveland and New York. We will have him for as long as he is successful. He did really good work with Keenum, Bradford, and Foles.

I honestly don't think Scangarello gets fired unless this was already a done deal.
    Dont forget McNabb and Jones. And who else could get 3000 yards and 20+ TDs out of Colt McCoy. Dude is a QB whisperer. Great hire for this offense and Lock. Significant improvement

9. The Following 5 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post

Seems like a modest upgrade at best. I'll be glad when I'm proven wrong

11. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Seems like a modest upgrade at best. I'll be glad when I'm proven wrong
    We have to give him his chance. He may excel here, and make Lock into a HoFer.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    We have to give him his chance. He may excel here, and make Lock into a HoFer.
    I'm all about chances. Let's roll!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I wonder why Reid overlooked him when Childress moved on from Philly. Hired Morningwheg (sp?) who had been away from pro ball for four years instead of his same-aged QB coach who he'd had for 5 or so years. What did Reid not like about him?

Shurmur is a solid pick though, so I get it. I like his analytic chops and mind for the game. You can look at the positives and get stoked.

My gut feeling is that it's a slight upgrade but disrupts QB chemistry. Chemistry for it's own sake is dumb as dirt if the people involved suck, and you could make that case about Scangarello. I won't argue that you are wrong, he did suck and there was plenty to criticize.

What I liked about Scangarello was how much he got out of his rookie QB. Looked like Scangarello was good at prep and you hoped the in-game blitz-chess guy would show up after a year on his belt. We'll never know. Elway and Fangio have proven year after year that they know what they are doing, so I'll sit back and watch. Cautiously pessimistic--I would have rolled with Scangarello, but the replacement makes sense, and pulling the trigger now is the right time.

Now let's get the man a line and a dominant run game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

15. The Following 6 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I wonder why Reid overlooked him when Childress moved on from Philly. Hired Morningwheg (sp?) who had been away from pro ball for four years instead of his same-aged QB coach who he'd had for 5 or so years. What did Reid not like about him?

Shurmur is a solid pick though, so I get it. I like his analytic chops and mind for the game. You can look at the positives and get stoked.

My gut feeling is that it's a slight upgrade but disrupts QB chemistry. Chemistry for it's own sake is dumb as dirt if the people involved suck, and you could make that case about Scangarello. I won't argue that you are wrong, he did suck and there was plenty to criticize.

What I liked about Scangarello was how much he got out of his rookie QB. Looked like Scangarello was good at prep and you hoped the in-game blitz-chess guy would show up after a year on his belt. We'll never know. Elway and Fangio have proven year after year that they know what they are doing, so I'll sit back and watch. Cautiously pessimistic--I would have rolled with Scangarello, but the replacement makes sense, and pulling the trigger now is the right time.

Now let's get the man a line and a dominant run game.
    The rookie QB is everything. It's all that matters

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

I can’t wait for next season to see King’s “P. S. I love you” posts.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

The rookie QB is everything. It's all that matters
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

20. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

lol. nothing else matter.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Alright. I'll stand down.

Pat is the answer. let's do this!!

23. The Following 3 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information