Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Pat Shurmur Hire is Imminent

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    DMac.
    DMAC probably is saying this because it's ******* obvious, but, no I haven't listened to DMAC about it at all. All you want is to point to some radio reporter so you can dismiss it as "Fake News!" Just like ******* morons do!

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    WTF are you talking about?

Who did Elway hire that I don't like? Fangio? I think the jury is still out on Fangio. They had to get rid of VJ. That was obvious. Fangio is experienced. He might not be a great rah-rah guy, but whatever.

Shurmur? I think this is pretty much a lateral move, maybe slight upgrade. He's more experienced.

As for who was responsible for the firing of Scangerello literally EVERYBODY is saying this on the radio. Mark Schlereth yesterday, and just this morning Laurie Lattimore-Volkmann of Editor of Mile High Report, who I've never actually heard of saying the same friggin' thing "this is what I've heard at Dove Valley."

These are reporters who cover the Broncos for a living. What they are reporting is pretty basic stuff, not something that deep.

Why **** don't you pay attention yourself instead of being a stupid lazy ******* and stop asking me and do a little research yourself?

This seriously pisses me off, when I say something friggin' obvious and all I get is IDIOTS questioning everything when they are too ******* lazy to figure it out themselves -- or they wouldn't be questioning me, since this stuff is obvious.

Use your brains for something other than sitting on for a change!
    This is a great way to change the perception of your posting. Rant, call everyone idiots, and sling other insults.

It really does help you come across as level-headed and knowledgeable. I mean, it completely dispels the notion that you have an irrational hatred of all things Elway.

Great work, personal growth.

3. The Following 4 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    This is a great way to change the perception of your posting. Rant, call everyone idiots, and sling other insults.

It really does help you come across as level-headed and knowledgeable. I mean, it completely dispels the notion that you have an irrational hatred of all things Elway.

Great work, personal growth.
    I get pissed off when people act like things that multiple reporters on the radio are saying as "obvious" are completely "Fake News!" then everybody acts all skeptical and demands sources, which BTW HERE you go, lots of Podcasts you can pretty much take your pick. They even give summaries of what the reporters are talking about so. Knock yourself out.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I get pissed off when people act like things that multiple reporters on the radio are saying as "obvious" are completely "Fake News!" then everybody acts all skeptical and demands sources, which BTW HERE you go, lots of Podcasts you can pretty much take your pick. They even give summaries of what the reporters are talking about so. Knock yourself out.
    Here's the key: those are all opinions yet you most times present them as absolute fact and have a habit of insulting those that disagree with your opinion that happens to be based on opinions of others.

Bottom line: it's a ******* game. If you can't post without calling everyone idiots, morons, or other insults it's not the rest of the forum with a problem.

6. The Following 6 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

"It really does help you come across as level-headed and knowledgeable. I mean, it completely dispels the notion that you have an irrational hatred of all things Elway."
    News: Elway had nothing much to do with firing Scangerallo, other than that he let his head coach choose a new OC he feels more comfortable with, and didn't interfere, and I'm pretty much indifferent to it. SO much for your narrative that I have an "irrational hatred of John Elway."

I don't think Fangio is wrong either. He should have an OC he likes better. That will probably help him be more successful. Lots of criticism this AM on the radio of the Shurmur scheme, but I don't share it. The offense wasn't great last year, so what's the beef if they change it? DOesn't look like a downgrade to me.

NO. I am pissed off at Elway for stuff like THIS:

1 Garett Bolles
    2 DeMarcus Walker
    3 Carlos Henderson
    3 Brendan Langley
    5 Jake Butt
    5 Isaiah McKenzie
    6 De'Angelo Henderson
    7 Chad Kelly

That was 2 years ago, not ancient history. And of course, stupid FA decisions like Juwuan James, Bryce Callahan and Theo Riddick who didn't even play at all. Not to mention the whole Joe Flacco is in his prime crap fest following on top of the Case Keesum flop, after the whole awesome Siemian and Lynch "QB competition."
    Last edited by Cugel; 01-15-2020 at 10:54 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I think Cugel is DMac.

It just makes sense.

9. The Following 5 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

WTF are you talking about?

Who did Elway hire that I don't like? Fangio? I think the jury is still out on Fangio. They had to get rid of VJ. That was obvious. Fangio is experienced. He might not be a great rah-rah guy, but whatever.

Shurmur? Meh. I think this is pretty much a lateral move, maybe slight upgrade. He's more experienced.

As for who was responsible for the firing of Scangerello literally EVERYBODY is saying this on the radio. Mark Schlereth yesterday, Joel Klatt today, and just this morning Laurie Lattimore-Volkmann of Editor of Mile High Report, who I've never actually heard of saying the same friggin' thing "this is what I've heard at Dove Valley."

These are reporters who cover the Broncos for a living. What they are reporting is pretty basic stuff, not something that deep.

Why **** don't you pay attention yourself instead of being a stupid lazy ******* and stop asking me and do a little research yourself?

This seriously pisses me off, when I say something friggin' obvious and all I get is IDIOTS questioning everything when they are too ******* lazy to figure it out themselves -- or they wouldn't be questioning me, since this stuff is obvious.

Use your brains for something other than sitting on for a change!
    Great response.

You post as though its gospel, i want to read where you got it from so i dont have to assume you are not mixing in your personal feelings. As you are doing right above here.

Your facts, you prove your right, i shouldnt have to fact check you.
    Last edited by Krugan; 01-15-2020 at 11:03 AM.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Krugan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Right for decades you said that Bowlen was going fire Shanahan after the 1999 season because you believed the press. Bowlen himself said that it was not true. Yet believe the reports over the owner who said it wasn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Here's the key: those are all opinions yet you most times present them as absolute fact and have a habit of insulting those that disagree with your opinion that happens to be based on opinions of others.

Bottom line: it's a ******* game. If you can't post without calling everyone idiots, morons, or other insults it's not the rest of the forum with a problem.
    I call people "idiots" when they criticize me for stuff I haven't even said, mock me for opinions I don't have, and act amazed and disbelieving about the most obvious things that multiple sources are saying "of course" about on the radio. Literally within the last 20 minutes or so.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Right for decades you said that Bowlen was going fire Shanahan after the 1999 season because you believed the press. Bowlen himself said that it was not true. Yet believe the reports over the owner who said it wasn't true.
    What are you talking about? I heard it reported that Joe Ellis was responsible for convincing Pat Bowlen to fire Shanahan. A move I supported at the time. I thought it was time for him to go.

I didn't support Josh McDaniels when he immediately came in and started maneuvering to get rid of Cutler for Matt Cassel, then blatantly lied about it.

I don't even understand your point, if there is one.

What did Pat Bowlen say, and when did he say it? I haven't heard anything about that. Plus, the entire Beth Bowlen lawsuit now alleges that Pat Bowlen was incompetent due to Alzheimers in 2009. Is that true? I suppose we'll find out from the court ruling.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Broncos HC Vic Fangio Releases Statement on why Scangarello was Fired

from article:

The Broncos fired Scangarello on Sunday. Not long after the news broke, Coach Fangio released a statement.

“After a lot of consideration and discussion after the season, I determined that a change at offensive coordinator ultimately would be best for our team,” Fangio said via team press release. “We need to do everything we can to get better—in all areas—as we start working toward next year.

“Rich is a bright coach with a great future ahead of him. I appreciate all of his hard work and thank him for his contributions to the Broncos.”
    full article - https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...ello-was-fired

Keep in mind Mike Klis works for local 9 News, and they have the contract with the Broncos. Here is some of what Mike wrote on Jan 12th - the day Scangarello was fired:

DENVER — After taking a deep dive into arguably the worst offense in the NFL this season, Broncos head coach Vic Fangio has decided to fire offensive coordinator Rich Scangarello, a league source tells 9NEWS.
    article - https://www.9news.com/article/sports...8-0d2913c2d484

By local 9 News having the Broncos' contract, they are the first in the locker room after a game, they are the first news source to know, etc.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

News: Elway had nothing much to do with firing Scangerallo, other than that he let his head coach choose a new OC he feels more comfortable with, and didn't interfere, and I'm pretty much indifferent to it. SO much for your narrative that I have an "irrational hatred of John Elway."

I don't think Fangio is wrong either. He should have an OC he likes better. That will probably help him be more successful. Lots of criticism this AM on the radio of the Shurmur scheme, but I don't share it. The offense wasn't great last year, so what's the beef if they change it? DOesn't look like a downgrade to me.

1 Garett Bolles
    2 DeMarcus Walker
    3 Carlos Henderson
    3 Brendan Langley
    5 Jake Butt
    5 Isaiah McKenzie
    6 De'Angelo Henderson
    7 Chad Kelly

That was 2 years ago, not ancient history. And of course, stupid FA decisions like Juwuan James, Bryce Callahan and Theo Riddick who didn't even play at all. Not to mention the whole Joe Flacco is in his prime crap fest following on top of the Case Keesum flop, after the whole awesome Siemian and Lynch "QB competition."
    How do you know that Elway had nothing do with considering that he is the GM and is one responsible for personal? Where is your proof? If you're going say something like that ridiculous you need real proof. You haven't given any to this point.

While it's easy to list players that haven't succeeded you always skip over the player are make because you want to moan.

Recent successes in the draft:

1. Bradley Chubb
    2. Courtland Sutton
    3. Daeshawn Hamilton
    4. Justin Simmons
    5. Noah Fant
    6. Dalton Risner
    7. Will Parks

That doesn't even touch on bringing in Andrew Beck, Phillip Lindsay, Shelby Harris several other. By the way, it's damn stupid to put DeMarcus Walker in your failures. He showed that if gets to play he'll produce. You must think everyone else is stupid and do not know the history surrounding the players like Walker. Everyone knows Joseph did not give him a chance to play.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

What are you talking about? I heard it reported that Joe Ellis was responsible for convincing Pat Bowlen to fire Shanahan. A move I supported at the time. I thought it was time for him to go.

I didn't support Josh McDaniels when he immediately came in and started maneuvering to get rid of Cutler for Matt Cassel, then blatantly lied about it.

I don't even understand your point, if there is one.

What did Pat Bowlen say, and when did he say it? I haven't heard anything about that. Plus, the entire Beth Bowlen lawsuit now alleges that Pat Bowlen was incompetent due to Alzheimers in 2009. Is that true? I suppose we'll find out from the court ruling.

You failed. I mentioned 1999 specifically, because you have insisted that Bowlen was going fire him yet Bowlen said that wasn't true. Your deflecting to something that has zero relevance 1999.

1 Garett Bolles
    2 DeMarcus Walker
    3 Carlos Henderson
    3 Brendan Langley
    5 Jake Butt
    5 Isaiah McKenzie
    6 De'Angelo Henderson
    7 Chad Kelly

he Broncos’ first-time head coach will be leaning on a first-time offensive coordinator in 2019.

New coach Vic Fangio hired San Francisco 49ers quarterbacks coach Rich Scangarello on Wednesday following two days of meetings at the Broncos’ facility.

Fangio and Scangarello have never coached together, but once the 49ers granted permission for him to interview earlier this week, Scangarello traveled to Denver and was the only known candidate to be interviewed.

from this article: https://www.denverpost.com/2019/01/1...h-scangarello/

Looks like vic picked him from that. Your words from the fire shurmur therad :

Idiot. I'm not against Shurmer. Reportedly, the reason Shurmer wanted the job because he wants to work with Lock. He scouted Lock extensively during the draft and was a voice inside the Giants front office preferring Lock to Jones.

So, they got rid of Scangerello? So what? Was he awesome? No. He was an Elway selection, who was basically forced on Fangio as a first time coach, and now Fangio gets to pick his own OC.

This is Fangio's decision, not Elway's.

I'd say that's a good thing. Admittedly, its 5 coordinators in 6 years, but they obviously think they can be better than the play-calling they had this season. I'd say they're right.

That was WTF I was talking about. Again, you made a claim, I asked where you got that info from. Because, sadly, I remember things that happen and question when i hear a different take. Thats why i want to know where its coming from, so i can cross reference stories. In case you need the link to the thread ill copy it here.

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/...4-Fire-Shurmur!

I am a idiot though, as i should be arguing this in the other thread too...
    Last edited by Krugan; 01-15-2020 at 12:35 PM.

20. The Following User High Fived Krugan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I think Cugel is DMac.

It just makes sense.
    I have thought this for a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information