Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Would You Take Brady?

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Jesus the assumption Elway is now pissed they have to roll with Lock. WTF is wrong with people. In no way should he have coddled or kissed lock's ass....get a grip people Lock has to put in work and continue to show he is the guy, not just be anointed by the gm at the end of a crappy season....WTF have I just read.....smh
    Get clue. Obviously he's not pissed at Lock. He's not happy that his options have been narrowed. He has only 2 years left on his contract and he wants to "win now" with veterans. He drafted Lock and wants him to succeed. Just not right now.

That was the whole "Joe Flacco is in his prime" plan. Get in a veteran who already proven and won't make rookie mistakes, and win with great defense. That's why he hired Fangio the impressive DC with the Bears -- to install that same kind of great defense here. So far it hasn't worked, but that was the plan.

You all just leap to conclusions. "Obviously" Joe Flacco was washed up. That was clear from the beginning. Nobody but Elway could understand it.

So, after Flacco gets hurt, and Lock comes in and wins 4 out of 5 it's over, right? Whatever "QB competition" there was between Flacco and Lock is over, right?

In your mind, but not in Elway's. They can't really keep Flacco now, but there's no rule that says ELway has to like it.

Obviously, Lock will struggle some next season. DCs are going to game-plan against him. They will have more and more tape on his tendencies and try to take those away. It will place more and more pressure on him, and he might not be great his 2nd year.

Elway wasn't great in year 1 or 2.

It can take a QB a while to really develop into a dependable star and that requires patience. Elway ISN'T PATIENT. He has only 2 years left on his deal.

That's all it is.

The fan base has moved on from the very idea of some veteran QB (Teddy Bridgewater?) coming in and supplanting Lock, but Elway hasn't given up hope yet. He's going to see who's available in FA and what kind of deal he can put together.

I still think it probably won't amount to anything. Elway is just spinning his wheels with this. I don't see Tom Brady or Drew Brees leaving their teams and those would probably be the only QBs I could see Elway taking a leap of faith on with a "win now this year!" strategy.

But, what ordinary fans might think and what John Elway might think are very clearly two different things. He has not given up all hope yet, and that's all that press conference was about.

He was dragging his heels on Drew Lock just like he has all season long.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Jesus the assumption Elway is now pissed they have to roll with Lock. WTF is wrong with people. In no way should he have coddled or kissed lock's ass....get a grip people Lock has to put in work and continue to show he is the guy, not just be anointed by the gm at the end of a crappy season....WTF have I just read.....smh
    I'm glad I've only skimmed through the last page. Let's roll with Lock, and pass on Brady. I don't want him in a Broncos uniform.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I'm glad I've only skimmed through the last page. Let's roll with Lock, and pass on Brady. I don't want him in a Broncos uniform.
    I actually agree with Cugel on this.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I also think thats why Elway said we're gonna take awhile to look at everything and not act too fast. I think Ellis scolded him essentially for being out the gate after Flacco months before Free agency started.
    Ellis lets Elway make the personnel decisions. If he wants a QB, Ellis is going to talk with Sullivan, their cap guy and see if they can make it happen.

I don't think Ellis has over-ruled Elway on a decision to bring in some QB. That's Elway's job, not Ellis' job. "You just stick to the finance, and manage the stadium leasing rights there Joe, and let me do my job." -- what Elway would say to Joe Ellis if he butted in on a QB hire.

Ellis DID over-rule Elway on re-hiring Mike Shanahan, and on naming a new coach and firing VJ without doing a new coaching search. Ellis forbid that, and rather than doing a proper coaching hire search and interview process, Elway decided to keep VJ for another season.

But, nobody has ever suggested that he told Elway who he should hire at QB. That might be considered a bit presumptuous on Ellis' part.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I also think thats why Elway said we're gonna take awhile to look at everything and not act too fast. I think Ellis scolded him essentially for being out the gate after Flacco months before Free agency started.
    Ellis lets Elway make the personnel decisions. If he wants a QB, Ellis is going to talk with Sullivan, their cap guy and see if they can make it happen.

I don't think Ellis has over-ruled Elway on a decision to bring in some QB. That's Elway's job, not Ellis' job. "You just stick to the finance, and manage the stadium leasing rights there Joe, and let me do my job." -- what Elway would say to Joe Ellis if he butted in on a QB hire.

Ellis DID over-rule Elway on re-hiring Mike Shanahan, and on naming a new coach and firing VJ without doing a new coaching search. Ellis forbid that, and rather than doing a proper coaching hire search and interview process, Elway decided to keep VJ for another season.

But, nobody has ever suggested that he told Elway who he should hire at QB. That might be considered a bit presumptuous on Ellis' part.
    I can def see it tho, thats why he said they gonna wait a month. He was so quick to blame 2018 on CK that he grabbed the first available QB with a SB Win... Flacco. I think Ellis with hindsight and all, would have said he acted too fast.

I know in my business when i got to get with Project Managers and go over a project, i have to take time and look at the big picture. I want to do shit in the fastest most efficient way possible, but we also need the path of least resistance and at the lowest possible cost.

Think Elway was too fast on that. Other teams were into Flacco for whatever reason, he figured he better nail him first. Shoulda juat played CK and let Lock supplant him instead. Same outcome.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

6. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

And ck woul have been a better fit in the offense and licker room

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

I see I had a typo on locker but it's too good to fix

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information