Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Would You Take Brady?

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    Thats a good point, but like Peyton, Brady is a mind above and his preparation is elite and known.

So...........if we brought Brady here......and Im not advocating for it......but its interesting......and he were to play one year, win the superbowl, and then play one more and retire........worth it?

Lock sits for a year learning under him?
    Well, if you're not advocating for it War why bring it up?

Bringing in Brady would be negative not a positive.
    Right! Its just Offseason bullshit. No chance this happens, not with wht has occurred with Lock.

For that matter, Rivers, Manning, Maybe even Drew Brees is available say. Den just isnt looking for a QB This year. Now if they DIDN'T have Lock Elway would aggressively pursue either Brady, Brees, or BOTH just to land one of em, but thats not the case this year thank goodness.

Right now, today, only due to age, Lock is a far better bet next year than Brady. Dude is done. Next year he'll be even worse.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

This is a weird story.

I don’t know why Brady would play for another team at this point, or why the Pats wouldn’t just let him finish his career there.

I don’t see anything super promising on their bench to move on to. With their defense now elite they only need a couple offensive pieces. Brady’s dropoff so far isn’t close to Peyton’s last season IMO. With a few offensive philosophy tweaks they could literally try for Denver’s 2015 season - win close games with defense and a bring in a clock-chewing RB in the draft. They also would seem to have the luxury of taking the top TE on the board. With Gronk do they still lose to the Titans? I don’t think so.

It’s just kinda weird. But if they are in a hurry to get to the misery of QB roulette fine with me.

In Denver though? **** that.
    Last edited by tomjonesrocks; 01-09-2020 at 05:06 PM.

3. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post

I don’t know why Brady would play for another team at this point, or why the Pats wouldn’t just let him finish his career there.

Brady wants one last payday. He doesn't want to give New England another discounted contract.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Lock's GF is hotter... We're getting younger as an organization.

6. The Following 5 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Sorry, got to disagree on this one twofold. While Bolles can be counted on for a holding penalty per game....one thing he does not struggle with is mobility. And LT has been an issue all year for NE.

The lack of talent around him and Belichicks unwillingness to pay for stud FAgents pisses Tom off because he knows hes in his last years and wants them to go all out for him.

The lack of receiving corps......Gronk being gone.....and Belichick letting go of Brown really pissed him off.

This is real. Brady cut the price on his house by 7 million couple days ago.

He is not the same as his prime, but New England has struggled with their oline all year AND Brady was still yelling at his WRs for making wrong moves even in the wild card game. I think hes tired of it and this has put a wedge between him and Billicheat.
    Belichick tried to get rid of Brady when they still had Garoppolo. He thought that he could repeat the Favre -- Rogers transition with Garoppolo. Brady went to Kraft who then vetoed the whole thing, ordering Belichick to trade Garoppolo.

Mark Schlereth got this direct from Kyle Shanahan, who told him that Belichick just called and asked if the 49ers still were interested in Garoppolo for a 2nd rounder. Shanahan said "yes" and that was that.

That was 3 years ago, and Brady hasn't been too fond of Belichick ever since. But, they still managed to work together and go to more SBs. There's no reason they can't continue.

It comes down to whether Kraft is willing to order Belicheat to keep Brady for one more year.

Plus, who else do they have at QB? Nobody.
    Last edited by Cugel; 01-09-2020 at 06:00 PM.

BTW: It was reportedly Kraft who ordered Belichick to get rid of AB. Belicheat would hire Charles Manson if he could get open over the middle, he certainly didn't care about AB's habit of abusing women.

That AB situation didn't go down well with either Belichick or Brady. But, what are they going to do? You can't argue with the owner.

Unless Belichick decides to leave town he's going to keep swallowing Kraft's semen like an Orchid of Asia. And like it.

Brady can leave town, but there's not many places (according to Adam Schefter just today on 104.3 the Fan) that are interested in him.

Denver is not expected to be in the Brady market. Teams that might be interested include the Chargers, and the Colts. Possibly the Panthers if they get rid of Cam N. But, they might keep him instead.

And it's no guarantee that any of these teams would be willing to pay Brady $30 million that he supposedly wants.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Lock's GF is hotter... We're getting younger as an organization.
    Less words, more pictures please.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

No way Brady is asking for a 30 mil deal, I mean why would he try to leverage that at the end of his career, he doesn’t need the money And I don’t think anyone would pay it

Totally my opinion but I reckon he will take another 15 mil plus incentives to stay in New England for 12 months

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Well, if you're not advocating for it War why bring it up?

Bringing in Brady would be negative not a positive.

Do you understand the english language?
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Brady wants one last payday. He doesn't want to give New England another discounted contract.
    That could very well be part of it too.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    BTW: It was reportedly Kraft who ordered Belichick to get rid of AB. Belicheat would hire Charles Manson if he could get open over the middle, he certainly didn't care about AB's habit of abusing women.

That AB situation didn't go down well with either Belichick or Brady. But, what are they going to do? You can't argue with the owner.

Unless Belichick decides to leave town he's going to keep swallowing Kraft's semen like an Orchid of Asia. And like it.

Brady can leave town, but there's not many places (according to Adam Schefter just today on 104.3 the Fan) that are interested in him.

Denver is not expected to be in the Brady market. Teams that might be interested include the Chargers, and the Colts. Possibly the Panthers if they get rid of Cam N. But, they might keep him instead.

And it's no guarantee that any of these teams would be willing to pay Brady $30 million that he supposedly wants.

Browns if McDaniels goes there......?
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Browns if McDaniels goes there......?
    Thanks for that! I needed a good laugh. McDaniels to the Browns. Bwa-hahahahahahahahahaha!

No. McMoron knows Belichick and Bob Kraft are not 100% happy together. Why else did he reject the Colts job after agreeing to sign with them?

They even signed the assistants he wanted and were ready to announce before he stiffed them.

He's got some kind of understanding in NE with Kraft or Belicheat or both to succeed Belicheat, or it's simple calculation "this relationship can't continue forever, and I'll be the guy when he leaves."

Just try and imagine. He didn't want the Colts job when they had Andrew Luck, but he's going to take the Browns job with Baker Mayfield?

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    He definitely wants to be paid. That's a big part of it. Ordinary people always say that rich people "don't need the money." That's from a normal person's perspective.

If someone gave you $20m you'd grab it instantly and not bitch about trying to get $30m. But, that's NOT how rich people think. For whatever reason, they brood over their grievances about not having even more. (Why else do those idiot billionaires whine and scheme to move up the Forbes "richest 100" or "richest 500" list? It's not like they could ever spend the money.)

Brady and Gisele have something like a combined $300+ million (mostly Gisele's). They and their family never need to work again. But, from what Adam Schefter said it looks like Brady does NOT want to give any team a discount this year. And he doesn't have to.

He did give the Patriots discounts so they could go out and win championships. But, not this year. He's done with the home-town discounts. He's won 6 SBs and played in 9. He wants to get paid.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Right! Its just Offseason bullshit. No chance this happens, not with wht has occurred with Lock.

For that matter, Rivers, Manning, Maybe even Drew Brees is available say. Den just isnt looking for a QB This year. Now if they DIDN'T have Lock Elway would aggressively pursue either Brady, Brees, or BOTH just to land one of em, but thats not the case this year thank goodness.

Right now, today, only due to age, Lock is a far better bet next year than Brady. Dude is done. Next year he'll be even worse.
    I get that it's offseason chatter. However Lock clearly goes into next season so it doesn't make a lot of sense to me talk bringing in Brady. To me that sends the message to Lock we no confidence in you.

I get that it's offseason chatter. However Lock clearly goes into next season so it doesn't make a lot of sense to me talk bringing in Brady. To me that sends the message to Lock we no confidence in you.
    They have NEVER said that they're all in on Lock. It's always been like an old song "You're all I've got tonight! I need you (tonight)!"

They have said "it's not important" to find out what they had in Lock. -- Fangio, 1 week before they were forced to start him.

They said "Joe Flacco is in his prime!"

They've said "he's not ready" as an excuse for not bringing Lock off IR and practicing him so that he might "get ready."

They said that "it's an option" to bring RB Theo Riddick off IR instead of Lock because he would help us "win now" while there was no plan to use Lock this season -- until they lost their 8th game.

They said "Brandon Allen is a gamer! We like what we see in him." Then starting Allen for 2 games until he set himself on fire after pooping his pants.

AFTER Lock won 4 of 5 they said "Obviously it's not realistic" not to name Lock the presumptive starter for next season "for now." -- Elway

What does that sound like?

They sound like they resent that Lock screwed up their idiot plans to "win now!" with veterans like Flacco.

Name one time they've said "we found our franchise QB of the future!" Crickets.
    Last edited by Cugel; 01-10-2020 at 10:20 AM.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information