Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Would You Take Brady?

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    He gonna be a broken down 43yr old next year and will NOT be the Tom Brady of old. Maybe if he was 35.

Gimme Lock 100%
    200%.

Brady is Peyton Manning late 2014. He can still play, but the decline is obvious.

We hear a lot of blather from commentators that it's all about the lack of talent around Brady, but outside of Randy Moss and the 1 game AB played when have the Patriots ever had pure talent at WR?

Brady used to be able to overcome a lack of talent at the skill positions, just like Peyton, he could make all his teammates better.

Now he can't do that anymore.

If the Patriots could field a team like the 2015 Broncos they might win next season. But, they can't.

Besides Bob Kraft would rather get filmed back at the Orchids of Asia again than see Brady in another team uniform. And he'd have an aneurism if he had to watch Brady hoist the trophy for another team. They will re-sign Brady for another season, no matter what Belichick might want.

Belichick wanted to keep Jimmy Garapolo but Brady went crying to Kraft and Kraft forced a trade. Kraft will do what he wants. Brady isn't going anywhere.

Plus, there's no way Brady would be stupid enough to come here and depend on Garrett Bolles as his LT. He's not mobile and needs a decent OL.

Denver does not have one. Even if they draft a T in the first this year the OL isn't going to be great, any more than it has been the last 5 years and more.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Also.

Hell no.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

No freaking thank you.

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    Damn thats a good question.

My hardhat is on.

Go.
    Late to the game here. Haven’t posted in awhile.

I would think after all the experiments at trying and failing to insert a veteran QB, the fans would tire of this approach. I’ve advocated for the longest that DEN needs to draft and develop the own QBOTF. Looks like they finally might have succeeded. Fingers crossed. Hated the Sanchez, Keenum and Flacco acquisitions.

Still believe if Flacco hadn’t been injured and threw the OC under the bus, the team wouldn’t have played Lock at all this year. The Denver fans got lucky the events happened as they did IMO. Lock has returned a sense of optimism back to the team and fan base. I do give Elway some credit for drafting Lock, but the way things seemed to be headed, they were going to mis-manage Lock the same way the did Lynch (although PL was a brain dead knucklehead).

Now its time to give Lock the players required to allow him to reach his full potential.

7. The Following 6 Users High Fived Traveler For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    No, we need to see what Lock can do w/ another year of development. We are not good enough to win a SB w/ an ancient Tom Brady at the helm, so it would waste at least one year, mayber worse
    yeah, mayber so

He would be a good mentor for Lock but I cant see TB being down with holding Drew's dick at this point in his career. put this guy out to pasture

10. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    If we didn't have Lock I'd be down, but it would be utterly stupid to stunt his development for this.
    But would that stunt him or help him? The preparation of Brady is something you would want your young gun exposed to no?

Totally understand sentiment to not bring him here with Lock too, thats what makes it so interesting.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Plus, there's no way Brady would be stupid enough to come here and depend on Garrett Bolles as his LT. He's not mobile and needs a decent OL.

Denver does not have one. Even if they draft a T in the first this year the OL isn't going to be great, any more than it has been the last 5 years and more.

Sorry, got to disagree on this one twofold. While Bolles can be counted on for a holding penalty per game....one thing he does not struggle with is mobility. And LT has been an issue all year for NE.

The lack of talent around him and Belichicks unwillingness to pay for stud FAgents pisses Tom off because he knows hes in his last years and wants them to go all out for him.

The lack of receiving corps......Gronk being gone.....and Belichick letting go of Brown really pissed him off.

This is real. Brady cut the price on his house by 7 million couple days ago.

He is not the same as his prime, but New England has struggled with their oline all year AND Brady was still yelling at his WRs for making wrong moves even in the wild card game. I think hes tired of it and this has put a wedge between him and Billicheat.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    The real question is, would we be willing to completely change our offense to Brady’s? The dude has ever actually known and played in ONE offense. ONE. You think he could run Scang’s offense?

That’s what any team that decides to kick the tires on Thom has to ask. Trying to run anything outside the offense he knows, the only one he’s played in for 19 years, is a huge gamble and will likely end in utter failure. Thom ain’t Manning or Elway. He’s not cerebral, he doesn’t improvise, he’s not an athlete, and his already mediocre arm is failing him. Without 19 years of muscle memory system, he’s a dead man walking. I can’t wait to see him sign somewhere other than NE and sit back and watch the shit show.

Thats a good point, but like Peyton, Brady is a mind above and his preparation is elite and known.

So...........if we brought Brady here......and Im not advocating for it......but its interesting......and he were to play one year, win the superbowl, and then play one more and retire........worth it?

Lock sits for a year learning under him?
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

This may be the worst idea ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

15. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

But would that stunt him or help him? The preparation of Brady is something you would want your young gun exposed to no?

Totally understand sentiment to not bring him here with Lock too, thats what makes it so interesting.
    No. No. No. No. Anything that could potentially take first team practice reps away from a young quarterback hinders development. There is nothing in anyone’s process that is worth losing those reps.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

of course not. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Thats a good point, but like Peyton, Brady is a mind above and his preparation is elite and known.

So...........if we brought Brady here......and Im not advocating for it......but its interesting......and he were to play one year, win the superbowl, and then play one more and retire........worth it?

The problem in this scenario is that Lock is 4-1 as a starter so sitting him now just wouldnt make a lot of sense.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Well, if you're not advocating for it War why bring it up?

Bringing in Brady would be negative not a positive.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information