Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Report: Red Sox used replay room to steal signs in 2018 season

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Think about if a QB calls a screen and all the sudden the MLB yells "watch the screen. watch the screen" and the play gets blown up because they saw what was coming. Next the QB calls a draw and the MLB screams "watch the draw. Be ready for a draw" and the play goes nowhere. Do you think complaining to the league office would get any sympathy? No. The offense needs to change their signals. Same with baseball. The best deterrent to sign-stealing is to keep changing your signs.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

2. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Think about if a QB calls a screen and all the sudden the MLB yells "watch the screen. watch the screen" and the play gets blown up because they saw what was coming. Next the QB calls a draw and the MLB screams "watch the draw. Be ready for a draw" and the play goes nowhere. Do you think complaining to the league office would get any sympathy? No. The offense needs to change their signals. Same with baseball. The best deterrent to sign-stealing is to keep changing your signs.
    The difference is that one is happening organically on the field and the other is using technology. This isn't an apples to apples comparison that you put out. Teams typically do change signals when they know that players have figured them out - but how do you know when the other teams' technology works?

Don't be a Patriots fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

So you stroll into the Houston Park and they get your signals. Then when they're out on the road against you they come in and do better than before because they've had time...with your signals.

Or, they score more runs on the road because teams play them tougher and they can't just coast to victories.

Or you change your signals, Houston gets them again when you come back to their park, and then they style on you later.

If the super smart analytical guys keep going after your signals via cheating, it's telling that there is an advantage there.

A fair punishment would be the maximum fine possible, and a loss of all draft picks for a season. Do this for each season you can prove they were stealing signs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information