Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Let my Tebow Go

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Default Let my Tebow Go

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Emmm, no.

Football is a sport and while Tim may be a great individual and classy guy if he wants to be a humanitarian he doesnt have to play football. He can do a great many other things that can benefit people who look up to him. This guy really has no clue as you dont play a guy just because it may be a great story from a character standpoint. And as pointed out numerous times Tim isnt the only christian guy in the national football league who does good things for people, Tim just happens to get more attention than they do for it. Of course all this was written before the Jets played last night and Tim did VERY little to sway any idea that he can repeat what he did in Denver.

3. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    This guy really has no clue as you dont play a guy just because it may be a great story from a character standpoint.
    what's the link to the article you read?
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived shank For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by shank View Post
    This guy really has no clue as you dont play a guy just because it may be a great story from a character standpoint.
    what's the link to the article you read?
    The post above mine.

Emmm, no.

Football is a sport and while Tim may be a great individual and classy guy if he wants to be a humanitarian he doesnt have to play football. He can do a great many other things that can benefit people who look up to him. This guy really has no clue as you dont play a guy just because it may be a great story from a character standpoint. And as pointed out numerous times Tim isnt the only christian guy in the national football league who does good things for people, Tim just happens to get more attention than they do for it. Of course all this was written before the Jets played last night and Tim did VERY little to sway any idea that he can repeat what he did in Denver.
    The Jets coaching staff are idiots. They actually had me thinking positively towards McCoy last night.

While I am beginning to have more serious doubts about him as a QB, the way the Jets are using him is stupid. I really think that if they implemented his style of football and left him to it the Jets would not only have won last night, but would have won more games earlier. Jerking both QBs in and out of the game is just dumb and Sanchez has already proven that he isn't going anywhere.

8. The Following User High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post

The Jets coaching staff are idiots. They actually had me thinking positively towards McCoy last night.

While I am beginning to have more serious doubts about him as a QB, the way the Jets are using him is stupid. I really think that if they implemented his style of football and left him to it the Jets would not only have won last night, but would have won more games earlier. Jerking both QBs in and out of the game is just dumb and Sanchez has already proven that he isn't going anywhere.
    While I agree they don't utilize him effectively (especially in the red zone) I disagree that you just let him run the offense. I really believe last year was just an anomally and won't be repeated in that same kind of manner.

Clearly Sanchez isn't the answer but no way do I think Tim is either. I think he is a good athlete and you need to know when to use him but clearly if he can't surplant Sanchez at this stage it means something. Maybe a team will still give him a shot but I really believe he will just be a package guy or journeyman backup.

While I agree they don't utilize him effectively (especially in the red zone) I disagree that you just let him run the offense. I really believe last year was just an anomally and won't be repeated in that same kind of manner.

Clearly Sanchez isn't the answer but no way do I think Tim is either. I think he is a good athlete and you need to know when to use him but clearly if he can't surplant Sanchez at this stage it means something. Maybe a team will still give him a shot but I really believe he will just be a package guy or journeyman backup.
    He is a solid runner, below average passer (though equal to Sanchez), and an excellent leader. He knows how to play ball control football. That is NYJ football. I honestly think they would be a wildcard team if they would have made the move after the bye.

The cards were stacked against him going to NYJ. They had already committed a lot of money to Sanchez and were invested in keeping him as starter no matter how bad he played. Ryan is also a stupid and stubborn coach. I have no idea what they were thinkning when the traded for Tebow. Sanchez was already a player without a lot of mental fortitude. Having Tebow didn't help him and refusing to use Tebow doesn't help Tebow and the atmosphere that comes with him is bad for a team altogether.

Bleh. I don't like Ryan and think the Jets are full of malcontent me-first players...so watching the ship sink has been rather amusing.

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

Lets not forget. It was Tebows decision to go to the Jets.
    Last edited by turftoad; 12-18-2012 at 12:51 PM.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

13. The Following User High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Until Tebow can produce on the practice field he will never be real NFL Starter. We can hem and haw about everything else, but that is what is holding Tebow back.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

15. The Following User High Fived claymore For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    Until Tebow can produce on the practice field he will never be real NFL Starter. We can hem and haw about everything else, but that is what is holding Tebow back.
    I actually think it is his brain and talent that are holding him back, personally. He should switch positions and be a great NFL player. As to the practice part, while I mostly agree, Denver doesn't make the playoffs or beat Pitt while there if they hold to that philosophy.

17. The Following User High Fived Mike For This Post:

I actually think it is his brain and talent that are holding him back, personally. He should switch positions and be a great NFL player. As to the practice part, while I mostly agree, Denver doesn't make the playoffs or beat Pitt while there if they hold to that philosophy.
    I don't know if "Great" would be the right word Mike. Maybe, Solid, Good, etc...
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    I don't know if "Great" would be the right word Mike. Maybe, Solid, Good, etc...
    I think you are letting his current position influence you. With his talent he would easily be a #1 option for FB/TE and a good 1b (bruiser) HB option. Throw in his semi-ability to throw the ball and he is a threat for a HB option pass on any play. He would elevate any team IMO...if he would let go of the desire to play QB. He is a talented kid with a lot of heart. I would be happy to have him back in one of those roles in Denver...only down side is his fanbase. Of course, I think his fans would be happy as long as he is a part of the offense so him volunteering to change positions and getting him involved would probably simmer their craziness down too.

I think you are letting his current position influence you. With his talent he would easily be a #1 option for FB/TE and a good 1b (bruiser) HB option. Throw in his semi-ability to throw the ball and he is a threat for a HB option pass on any play. He would elevate any team IMO...if he would let go of the desire to play QB. He is a talented kid with a lot of heart. I would be happy to have him back in one of those roles in Denver...only down side is his fanbase. Of course, I think his fans would be happy as long as he is a part of the offense so him volunteering to change positions and getting him involved would probably simmer their craziness down too.
    I agree with your whole post however, none of those things are going to make him a GREAT football player. Good maybe, great, not.
    Bill Williamson:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

The cards were stacked against him going to NYJ. They had already committed a lot of money to Sanchez and were invested in keeping him as starter no matter how bad he played. Ryan is also a stupid and stubborn coach. I have no idea what they were thinkning when the traded for Tebow. Sanchez was already a player without a lot of mental fortitude. Having Tebow didn't help him and refusing to use Tebow doesn't help Tebow and the atmosphere that comes with him is bad for a team altogether.

Bleh. I don't like Ryan and think the Jets are full of malcontent me-first players...so watching the ship sink has been rather amusing.
    I agree with this.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Definitely agree that he would excell as a fb/te. No question in my mind but your also right that the fanbase wouldn't be satisfied with that and become a problem again.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information