Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Kiszla: How John Elway saved the Broncos from 2019 season that was on the brink of epic disaster

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I think you have unrealistic expectations of success

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Elway's solution was Mike Shanahan, and that's not a solution at all. Ellis didn't force Elway to not hire Shanahan Jr.,, either.
    I don't disagree. Mike may not have been a long term solution (see John Fox) but I do think Mike would have been better than VJ though.

It's almost criminal that Elway was so blinded by VJ's nonexistent intangibles.

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Gotta remember he's an ex-Bungles fan. It'll take some time before his head gets cleared from all the hopelessness.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by The Glue Factory View Post
    Elway's solution was Mike Shanahan, and that's not a solution at all. Ellis didn't force Elway to not hire Shanahan Jr.,, either.
    I don't disagree. Mike may not have been a long term solution (see John Fox) but I do think Mike would have been better than VJ though.

Broncos Gameday Coaching would have been dramatically better under Shanahan IMO, and offense would have had an improvement via his play calling. Defense? Thats where they woulda been bullet ridden. VJ blunder set the stage for the last three years. But i think they turned a corner and have a QB.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

5. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I think your dismissive take is all you have because the case I can present is pretty solid. I point to concrete things. Take out the QB issue, which is generous of me. That offensive line and HCing issues are Elways. ILB issue, yep that, too. Did the locker room start to get a little rough and tumble after we let some of our leaders go? So on and so forth.

You can disagree with me, but my position...is fine. It's imperfect, but it works better than just hand waving away things.

You hurt my feelings.

I now hate you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

7. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by The Glue Factory View Post

This is a fair position. I don't think MS has the chops anymore to head coach a team into the playoffs, or rebuild one, but that's just an opinion. MS, at his worst, is infinitely better than VJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

9. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

MS, at his worst, is infinitely better than VJ.
    And that is my point.

When Fox was hired I knew he was the link between the previous dumpster fire and winning a SB. I think MS would have been John Fox pt 2; reestablish a good locker room and coach up players then get the HC that takes you to the promised land.

One of his downfalls was his decline in GM capability. Take that away and I think MS is a great coach. McNumbnutz let go something like 30 players that were not employed in the NFL after their release, yet MS took those 30 players and was more competitive than what McDouchebag managed.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information