Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ok. We're Picking at 15.....What Say You?

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Lock has a very quick release and has shown the ability to be decisive. With more playing time......and spending nights over at Peytons house.......he, along with Munchaks additional mentoring, can end up making Bolles look real good imo.

QBs that make quick decisions with quick arms are an Olines best friend.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    Lock has a very quick release and has shown the ability to be decisive. With more playing time......and spending nights over at Peytons house.......he, along with Munchaks additional mentoring, can end up making Bolles look real good imo.

QBs that make quick decisions with quick arms are an Olines best friend.
    His holding issue shows up early and often, it’s still holding if the ball is already released and even Munchak can’t coach up a tree stump.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Well, with Lock as our QB Bolles looked solid. And the penalties at the end of the year against Bolles were b.s. i refuse to not be optimistic.
    He’s still getting holding penalties, it doesn’t matter if the ball is out quicker ... we might be confusing his holding issues with sacks when it comes to quick release/decisions, a quick release can help one but not the other.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

4. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    He’s still getting holding penalties, it doesn’t matter if the ball is out quicker ... we might be confusing his holding issues with sacks when it comes to quick release/decisions, a quick release can help one but not the other.
    A quick release on short passes can get the ball out before the hold occurs.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

We all know what I want. Get the OL fixed. Given our huge # of picks and now reports of 2 or 3 more comp picks, I'd be all for moving up for the correct LT if he drops a little bit.

7. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    A quick release on short passes can get the ball out before the hold occurs.
    For some T’s, Bolles is a special talent though.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

His holding issue shows up early and often, it’s still holding if the ball is already released and even Munchak can’t coach up a tree stump.
    A stump for LT? I'm in. We'd only have to trade Bolles and a draft pick. Easy to go around, yeah, but hard to bullrush.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

In this day and age, what is price to move to 7 or 8 from 15? The historically used draft value scale is a bit out of date but some still use it.

Jimmy Johnson scale says our 2nd gets us the 7 pick.

Rich Hill scale says we can get to 5 with our 2nd rounder.

Both scales have us able to use our first 2 3rd rounders to get in the 7 range.
    Last edited by SmilinAssasSin27; 01-05-2020 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    In this day and age, what is price to move to 7 or 8 from 15? The historically used draft value scale is a bit out of date but some still use it.

Okudah okudah okudah okudah
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post

The cost is correct but when was the last time you saw a team give up draft assets to get an OT?

Our oline ranked #12 on PFF I beleive.....while Im one for bringing dominance there, and recognize we have issues, I dont see Elway making that move. If we move up like that for whatever player, we better know that its going to be to get an all pro.

If we strike out on a player.....I dont want it to be in round 1......and we have a better chance by using all our picks to strike gold.

Id rather take BPA at 15 at this point.

Id be over the top for Murray or one of the WRs or even a stud DL that can bring pressure up the middle. With Von and Chubb.....that would do wonders for us defensively.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Okudah okudah okudah okudah
    we would need to go into the top 5 for him most likely and probably even ahead of Detroit.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    we would need to go into the top 5 for him most likely and probably even ahead of Detroit.....
    Only if we trade up.

I still think we should hop back if we can. Try and get the C BiADASS or Ruggs. I love him.

We have so many picks though. There is no way we will keep each one. We can be sure that we will be trading up a few times. I wonder if we double dip at CB in FA?
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    The cost is correct but when was the last time you saw a team give up draft assets to get an OT?

Our oline ranked #12 on PFF I beleive.....while Im one for bringing dominance there, and recognize we have issues, I dont see Elway making that move. If we move up like that for whatever player, we better know that its going to be to get an all pro.

If we strike out on a player.....I dont want it to be in round 1......and we have a better chance by using all our picks to strike gold.

Id rather take BPA at 15 at this point.

Id be over the top for Murray or one of the WRs or even a stud DL that can bring pressure up the middle. With Von and Chubb.....that would do wonders for us defensively.
    It would have to be for the right OT...and he would habe to drop. I wrote in another thread that there is no NEED to trade up for OL help. But, to me, Thomas stands out as the clear most well rounded option for LT. I have no desire to sacrifice our draft, but IF he does drop to 7, I'm not gonna hate if we jump ahead of Carolina. It's still not my favorite scenario due to the depth we could acquire with the picks it would take to move.

17. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I don't personally think Bolles is the worst tackle in the NFL and there are 2 guys playing in the Pro-Bowl that had more penalties than he did. His 2nd half was MUCH better than his first half this year, so I'm not so sure going all in on a replacement is necessary. Especially if you can get a guy like Ruggs. Having a combo of Sutton, Ruggs, Hamilton, Fant to throw to will certainly help reduce the amount of time you need to spend in the pocket. Get your tackle project in a different round or work out something with Washington for Williams and move on.

19. The Following 4 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I don't personally think Bolles is the worst tackle in the NFL and there are 2 guys playing in the Pro-Bowl that had more penalties than he did. His 2nd half was MUCH better than his first half this year, so I'm not so sure going all in on a replacement is necessary. Especially if you can get a guy like Ruggs. Having a combo of Sutton, Ruggs, Hamilton, Fant to throw to will certainly help reduce the amount of time you need to spend in the pocket. Get your tackle project in a different round or work out something with Washington for Williams and move on.
    Some of the 2nd half penalties he got were BS and reputation penalties, good point on the Pro Bowl thing. I think you can always upgrade and if OT becomes BPA at 15 we should consider that. I hate reaching for need. Its how we got Bolles in the first place.

The thing people seem to ignore right now is both Simmons and Parks are FA's and we are long in the tooth at ILB with Davis and poor at ILB outside of Him and Johnson. We also have needs on the DL if our top 2 walk. CB is also a big need as is WR#2. I'm starting to think we will have no other option but to Franchise Simmons after the Jackson deal, Parks value increased big time as well. Having approx. 36 million per year dedicated to 3 safeties would be outrageous.

Safety is absolutely something we should consider at 15 in a guy like Simmons or Delpit. CB is certainly a need with a guy like Diggs as Harris is most likely gone, and Callahan hasn't taken a snap for us yet. At DL kinlaw could be interesting at 15, and with Harris and Wolfe possibly FA's we cant ignore the DL unless we somehow re-sign them both.

We also need to be thinking about Center as a top need for this team.....looking at the center landscape McGovern is going to get paid....his price tag might be outside what were willing to pay.....draft options and FA options are very limited as well....

If we could Finagle Williams out of Washington that would be great, He can play LT and Bolles can be RT when James inevitably bitches out on his duties as a player....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information