Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Offseason Notes

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I am not a fan of too many of them personally.

Lock did develop a lot Desean. So that could be a sneaky WR for us. I liked Patrick enough but he is just a guy to me. He is the 4th wr on the depth chart imo.

1. Sutton
    2. Draft pick
    3. Desean
    4. Patrick
    5. Draft pick

Sutton and Fant are the only ones I would call a threat. Dasean is good enough. We need someone else that can really scare the DBs. We need WR badly, imo.
    Would you trade a 3rd for Brandin Cooks? He’s available.

Perfect compliment to Sutton and Hamilton.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Nothing about this pick-up screams anything other then we dont have a clue what to do at RB.....
    My other issue is you just set expectations for the contract you're about to write for Lindsay. Gordon has run for more than a thousand yards what, once? 4 YPG once? Not healthy enough to play for entire seasons even with limited touches, only had carries + catches of around 200, 225 the last couple years.

If that's worth 8 million a year to you with 60 or 70% guaranteed, what are you paying Lindsay? He's more of a receiving weapon, but Denver also wasn't running a dump-off to the RB offense. Not a big fan of paying large chunks of cash to RBs who get 14 attempts and 4 catches a game. But maybe I'm looking at it wrong.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

3. The Following User High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    My other issue is you just set expectations for the contract you're about to write for Lindsay. Gordon has run for more than a thousand yards what, once? 4 YPG once? Not healthy enough to play for entire seasons even with limited touches, only had carries + catches of around 200, 225 the last couple years.

If that's worth 8 million a year to you with 60 or 70% guaranteed, what are you paying Lindsay? He's more of a receiving weapon, but Denver also wasn't running a dump-off to the RB offense. Not a big fan of paying large chunks of cash to RBs who get 14 attempts and 4 catches a game. But maybe I'm looking at it wrong.
    your not looking at it wrong it was a dumb move through and through for multiple reasons, including your point about where do we go with Lindsay.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    He’s just going into his prime.
    There is not enough anger emoji's to show my true feelings to this......

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

6. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I could understand that kinda move wouldnt be thrilled but it would at least make sense. I think there are better options in this draft then him in rd 2 and 3, but I could understand the logic of going after him and his production at the NFL level for a 3rd rd pick....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I could understand that kinda move wouldnt be thrilled but it would at least make sense. I think there are better options in this draft then him in rd 2 and 3, but I could understand the logic of going after him and his production at the NFL level for a 3rd rd pick....
    I don’t know Inc, I keep hearing 20+ WR’s in the first 3 rounds but I can’t get excited passed the Top 10, if that.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

He's signed for sooo much money tho. He's not a FA for 4 more years, right? This year is deeeeep in WRs. Is it better to drop 17 mil a year on a WR - a good WR, but still - as well as a 3rd round pick, or just use a 2nd or 3rd round pick to add a WR for a much-cheaper 4 years?
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

10. The Following User High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

I don’t know Inc, I keep hearing 20+ WR’s in the first 3 rounds but I can’t get excited passed the Top 10, if that.
    WRs are weird. Is it worth it to teach Jalen Reagor a route tree instead of drop a bazillion dollars on Cooks? I dunno, sometimes that works out and sometimes the cute speed WRs in college get crushed in the pros because they can't just fly around an open field. Mims catches everything, maybe you rely on the hands instead. There will be plenty of options.

Can Denver still screw up a draft with a lot of WR options? Sure, of course. Could Cooks be a huge mistake with a massive price tag? Also yes, absolutely.

*shrugs* I'd rather take the draft swing at this point, grab a couple of wideouts and see what happens. But I'm diva-averse, which makes my WR takes suspect.
    -- James Dean

12. The Following User High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

He's signed for sooo much money tho. He's not a FA for 4 more years, right? This year is deeeeep in WRs. Is it better to drop 17 mil a year on a WR - a good WR, but still - as well as a 3rd round pick, or just use a 2nd or 3rd round pick to add a WR for a much-cheaper 4 years?
    Damn you right f' that contract....thats crazy no onder they trying to get rid of him....no one is taking that on...dude is gonna get cut.....No one is even willing to pay anderson the 15 mil per year he wants, and him and cooks are pretty similar players.....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:

Have they though? Lindsay is 180 pounds dripping wet and quite honestly...the main reason he gets as many carries as he does is because Freeman hasn't done much. So, best case scenario, Lindsay is similar to Gordon...minus the ability to catch the ball out of the backfield. But even if Lindsay can stay healthy and productive for 2 more years and warrant a 2nd contract, it happens at the same time Gordon's deal expires. All it will cost next year is an RFA designation. After that, both will be 28 and the team can decide where they truly want to go from there as neither one will get a long term, big money deal at that age.

15. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Not sure how I feel on this acquisition. Don’t like the contract amount. I would have just tried to draft a back like Taylor. On the other hand, I did like him coming out of college and it’s nice to have a solid red zone player. This is one where the season confirms our worst fears or justifies this move by Elway.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

We have the $. Low risk. Short deal. Dude is a baller when on the field.

I keep saying it...ya need more weapons than the defense can cover.

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Wonder if CLE would consider a swap of R. Freeman with Njoku?

19. The Following User High Fived Traveler For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

at 8 mil per year, are we sure Gordon's not starting over Lindsay? I'm guessing that's what's going to happen. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

21. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Freeman as good as gone.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information