Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Offseason Notes

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I predict the NFL season will be played in front of mostly empty stadiums. The NCAA football season will get cancelled.

I think they will find a way to isolate and quarantine players, but I just don't see how having 70k people in a stadium together is even remotely possible pre-vaccine.
    It's tough because the models seem to underestimate the blanket infectivity of the virus, while simultaneously anticipating high fatalities based on the wave in Italy. When they finally get around to tracing this disease via widespread antibody tests, hopefully June or July, I think they will find that this virus will have already infected anywhere from 70%-80% of our population and is far more widespread than anyone would have ever thought. Unfortunately, because of how dense population-wise Europe is, and because of their demographic pyramid of elderly that smoke, it's difficult to see how it will translate to the United States. China is also difficult to translate to the US too because of how they hide their data, but I would venture to say there are several locations that are extremely cross-comparable spread wise. We'll probably follow a more similar pattern to China (adjusted for population density across certain regions) vs. Italy's pattern.

Whatever solution the European Soccer Leagues and the NBA come up with, will surely be something the NFL considers. I think sports leagues should be on the phone with the unions right now planning for extended, one-neutral-site, closed-work locations. Families be damned, coaches and players hole up in hotels for 6 months and make this damn thing happen with maybe a batch of "certified" camp-cuts that remain on call as free agents in said quarantine location ready to go. We will see the NBA and European Soccer get desperate in June, so the NFL will surely copy them. No matter what though, he London games are certainly off the table.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    It's tough because the models seem to underestimate the blanket infectivity of the virus, while simultaneously anticipating high fatalities based on the wave in Italy. When they finally get around to tracing this disease via widespread antibody tests, hopefully June or July, I think they will find that this virus will have already infected anywhere from 70%-80% of our population and is far more widespread than anyone would have ever thought. Unfortunately, because of how dense population-wise Europe is, and because of their demographic pyramid of elderly that smoke, it's difficult to see how it will translate to the United States. China is also difficult to translate to the US too because of how they hide their data, but I would venture to say there are several locations that are extremely cross-comparable spread wise. We'll probably follow a more similar pattern to China (adjusted for population density across certain regions) vs. Italy's pattern.

Whatever solution the European Soccer Leagues and the NBA come up with, will surely be something the NFL considers. I think sports leagues should be on the phone with the unions right now planning for extended, one-neutral-site, closed-work locations. Families be damned, coaches and players hole up in hotels for 6 months and make this damn thing happen with maybe a batch of "certified" camp-cuts that remain on call as free agents in said quarantine location ready to go. We will see the NBA and European Soccer get desperate in June, so the NFL will surely copy them. No matter what though, he London games are certainly off the table.
    This could be easily determined by random sampling of the quarantined population if we had even ~100 spare tests nationwide. We should have this fact at our hands already and it annoys me that we do not already know with high certainty how many of us are infected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

3. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post

The virus would have been contained if people had taken it seriously. I live in italy my wife and daughter in the north and they are stuck there while Im currently deployed to a shithole it the middle east. I'm stuck here even longer because People are dumb and spread this faster then it should have been spread. For instance in italy there were 2 main regions effected.....then they put those 2 regions in lockdown and idiots fled all over italy overnight to escape lockdown.....this also happened all over europe and then before travel restrictions in the US people traveled to the states....In the states well you saw the idiots, and 10 states still havenet taken it serious enough to lockdown.....Now people are fleeing lockdown states for other residences throughout the states....its pathetic

I wouldnt expect any big sports untill the fall at a min if were being realistic, then maybe you talk closed stadium games at that point....Without a vaccine if we arent smart this will just repeat.....
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 04-03-2020 at 12:53 PM.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

5. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    #BroncosCountry Quarantine: Drew Lock on growth as QB, leader of team

Apr 02, 2020

In the latest episode of "#BroncosCountry Quarantine," quarterback Drew Lock explains how he's staying in shape from home, taking on a leadership role with the team and much more.

fairly long video - https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/...leader-of-team
    While it might be very low in valid concern next to people dying, there are plenty of young people that get Covid19, spend weeks on a ventilator and then survive, but with lung fibrosis/damage. I hope none of the Broncos, or other players, have that happen to them.

7. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    The virus would have been contained if people had taken it seriously. I live in italy my wife and daughter in the north and they are stuck there while Im currently deployed to a shithole it the middle east. I'm stuck here even longer because People are dumb and spread this faster then it should have been spread. For instance in italy there were 2 main regions effected.....then they put those 2 regions in lockdown and idiots fled all over italy overnight to escape lockdown.....this also happened all over europe and then before travel restrictions in the US people traveled to the states....In the states well you saw the idiots, and 10 states still havenet taken it serious enough to lockdown.....Now people are fleeing lockdown states for other residences throughout the states....its pathetic

I wouldnt expect any big sports untill the fall at a min if were being realistic, then maybe you talk closed stadium games at that point....Without a vaccine if we arent smart this will just repeat.....
    People fled NYC to long island, upstate and other states like Florida, just like those people that fled northern Italy when the pre-announced the northern lockdown.

Hope your wife and daughter stay safe.

9. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    People fled NYC to long island, upstate and other states like Florida, just like those people that fled northern Italy when the pre-announced the northern lockdown.

Hope your wife and daughter stay safe.
    Thanks, they are Their region in the North is flattening as expected with strict quarantine measures and they think by May 15 some restrictions will finally be eased.....and yes thats the point...its why its spreading so bad.....no way to track or tell now....just have to work on the curve with full lockdowns.....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Thanks, they are Their region in the North is flattening as expected with strict quarantine measures and they think by May 15 some restrictions will finally be eased.....and yes thats the point...its why its spreading so bad.....no way to track or tell now....just have to work on the curve with full lockdowns.....
    Good to hear you and yours are OK, E. Been curious with what's happening over there with you.

God speed.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Default Steve Atwater surprises Von Miller with 2010s All-Decade Team selection announcemen

props to Von.

Avatar courtesy of Artist Faith Coyote

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived Spiritguy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Von Miller, Chris Harris Jr. named to NFL's All-Decade Team

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Von Miller and Chris Harris Jr. represented the Broncos on the NFL’s All Decade Team, while Peyton Manning, Demaryius Thomas and Aqib Talib were among those snubbed.

Miller, the Broncos’ edge rushing linebacker, was one of only eight unanimous selections. The others named on every ballot were quarterback Tom Brady, defensive tackle Aaron Donald, defensive end J.J. Watt, running back Adrian Peterson, offensive tackle Joe Thomas, guard Marshall Yanda and kicker Justin Tucker.

Miller and Harris both joined the Broncos together as 2011 rookies – Miller as the No. 2 overall pick in the draft and Harris as an undrafted college free agent.
    rest - https://www.9news.com/article/sports...4-f5fa458702fc

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Broncos legends congratulate Von Miller on making 2010s All-Decade Team

Apr 06, 2020

Shannon Sharpe, Champ Bailey, Gary Zimmerman and Rick Upchurch send congratulatory messages to Von Miller, who was selected to the NFL's 2010s All-Decade Team on Monday.

https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/...ll-decade-team

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Aqib was robbed on the All Decade team.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Was he though? he spent what....basically the last 3 years of the decade as a very Avg corner, injuries and inconsistent play hurt him in the end I think.....I think he actually only had about 4 years in this decade that were really good.
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 04-06-2020 at 06:54 PM.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

23. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Best Corner in the league for almost all of his time in NE and Denver.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:

Just turned on the NFL Network - they are showing SuperBowl 50 - 3rd qtr almost over

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritguy View Post
    props to Von.

Trade him.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information