Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: You're the GM for the 2020 season, what do you do?

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

The linebacker who got hurt at beginning of the season

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Or Dylan?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    The linebacker who got hurt at beginning of the season
    Ok, Dylan Moses.

Sucks, could’ve got a Top 10 talent in the 2nd round.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

4. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I think sooner or later these Bama kids will realize that the longer they stay in school the more it hurts their draft stock.

Christian Miller is a prime example of why Moses should leave, same exact situation. Got injured, came back and got lost in the Bama shuffle and Ended up being a late round pick.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

6. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I'd prioritize OT, CB, and a speed WR; then LB; then everything else -- I think you take BPA from those pools in free agency and draft. I need to see how things shape up before I identify specific players.

8. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    What is the origin of the phrase “shore up” and what does it really mean?
    It is an old old wooden ship from the civil war era

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    What is the origin of the phrase “shore up” and what does it really mean?
    A "shore" is a prop, typically wooden, used to hold something up. To shore it up as a verb means to use something to prop it up.

Most likely origins are from early nautical terms.

12. The Following 5 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    It is an old old wooden ship from the civil war era
    You're an old wooden ship from the civil war era. I think what you were going for is "Diversity".

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I'd prioritize OT, CB, and a speed WR; then LB; then everything else -- I think you take BPA from those pools in free agency and draft. I need to see how things shape up before I identify specific players.
    I dont have a huge problem with this other than your take on LB. We are seriously in need of LB more than WR right now in my opinion.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I dont have a huge problem with this other than your take on LB. We are seriously in need of LB more than WR right now in my opinion.
    I agree but we have 3 solid guys in there now but none outstanding but they lack that wow factor and coverage skills. I think we need a vet WR. CB is huge need.

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

1. I see what Flacco's price is as a backup. If it's reasonable, I negotiate a deal to keep him on a severely reduced contract. Then, I probably trade him midseason when the inevitable QB injuries arise.
    2. I tag Simmons if he won't agree to an extension.
    3. 2nd round tender on Mike Purcell and Wilkinson
    4. Decline contract option on Leary. Pick up option on Todd Davis's contract.
    5. Pursue contract extensions with Shelby Harris, Derek Wolfe, and Chris Harris Jr. I would be okay with giving CHJ a 4 year pact, knowing he can always transition back to nickel as he gets older.
    6. Let McGovern walk, and make finding a center a high priority.
    7. Take best player available in the draft, but keep an eye out for WR, LT, and C.

I would make no big free agent splashes outside of trying to resign our own guys or budget starters/backups. If Trevathan's price is right, maybe I sign him, but this would only be if I declined the option on Todd Davis.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Id bring in Aquib Talib again. See if Harris would take a deal to stay at home and have his homeboy back. We definitely need at least 2 corners imo. We need at least 2 OL imo. We need at least 1 DL and 1 LB. We also need at least 1 WR (I bet two) and 1 RB.

Thats 9 guys imo that we MUST add to the team. If we can nab say 3 or 4 in FA and keep our guys like Shelby and Simmons, etc. Then we would only need to draft 5. Whats funny is we have 5 picks in the top 100. Exactly the amount we would need to really Shore Up our roster.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    1. I see what Flacco's price is as a backup. If it's reasonable, I negotiate a deal to keep him on a severely reduced contract. Then, I probably trade him midseason when the inevitable QB injuries arise.
    2. I tag Simmons if he won't agree to an extension.
    3. 2nd round tender on Mike Purcell and Wilkinson
    4. Decline contract option on Leary. Pick up option on Todd Davis's contract.
    5. Pursue contract extensions with Shelby Harris, Derek Wolfe, and Chris Harris Jr. I would be okay with giving CHJ a 4 year pact, knowing he can always transition back to nickel as he gets older.
    6. Let McGovern walk, and make finding a center a high priority.
    7. Take best player available in the draft, but keep an eye out for WR, LT, and C.

I would make no big free agent splashes outside of trying to resign our own guys or budget starters/backups. If Trevathan's price is right, maybe I sign him, but this would only be if I declined the option on Todd Davis.
    1 - I buy into him being a ***** and a pouty hoe. Maybe that's unfair, but I don't want him anywhere near my team.

2. Agree. Simmons had a career year and he's going to get paid. We have the money to do so.

3. Good call.

4. Davis is pretty bland. Can't we do better, or are the FA options limited?

5. Wolfe is going to command too much money. He is going to be on the wrong side of thirty. CHJ did not have a great year for us, especially towards the end of the season. I'm wary of resigning him, but not opposed to it. I love me some Shelby Harris.

6. Agreed.

7. BPA is where it's at.

This upcoming season we can't afford to miss the playoffs. Von's declaration that we're done losing technically leaves room for a 8-8/9-7 season where we miss the playoffs being acceptable, but that's not what we're about. Moreover, we've been told by Elway that we're contenders for years. That means it's time to contend. As such, it's hard to not make a splash in free agency. I think we desperately need a veteran WR to be our second option, or third if Fant takes off. WR's take years to develop, and that's why FA WR makes the most sense to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    1 - I buy into him being a ***** and a pouty hoe. Maybe that's unfair, but I don't want him anywhere near my team.

2. Agree. Simmons had a career year and he's going to get paid. We have the money to do so.

3. Good call.

4. Davis is pretty bland. Can't we do better, or are the FA options limited?

5. Wolfe is going to command too much money. He is going to be on the wrong side of thirty. CHJ did not have a great year for us, especially towards the end of the season. I'm wary of resigning him, but not opposed to it. I love me some Shelby Harris.

6. Agreed.

7. BPA is where it's at.

This upcoming season we can't afford to miss the playoffs. Von's declaration that we're done losing technically leaves room for a 8-8/9-7 season where we miss the playoffs being acceptable, but that's not what we're about. Moreover, we've been told by Elway that we're contenders for years. That means it's time to contend. As such, it's hard to not make a splash in free agency. I think we desperately need a veteran WR to be our second option, or third if Fant takes off. WR's take years to develop, and that's why FA WR makes the most sense to me.

There's so many medical red flags on Wolfe, that I just don't see another team throwing cash at him. The real question is whether or not this team values Shelby Harris at transition or franchise tag level money. If Simmons gets extended, it's possible the team decides to tag Shelby instead.

Denver has a ton of cap space, and with Leary and Flacco coming off the books there is money to be spent. Spending it on CHJ, Shelby, and Simmons makes the most sense.

23. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    There's so many medical red flags on Wolfe, that I just don't see another team throwing cash at him. The real question is whether or not this team values Shelby Harris at transition or franchise tag level money. If Simmons gets extended, it's possible the team decides to tag Shelby instead.

Denver has a ton of cap space, and with Leary and Flacco coming off the books there is money to be spent. Spending it on CHJ, Shelby, and Simmons makes the most sense.
    Wolfe based on snaps/games would be ideal, but if not, the price should reflect injuries.

The actuary in me is struggling with the 'injury prone' player theory. I wonder what the data says.

On the one hand, 'injury prone' is just bad luck and not a stable attribute. On the other hand, I bet you could learn some things if you had good data.

Bottom line, I wouldn't pay as though I'm getting 16 games from Wolfe.

But his presence encourages accountability...I get that vibe anyway. Like D Ware but less so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

25. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information