Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: LIVE: Broncos' end-of-season press conferences

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    What’s the point of luke warm, passive bullshit? He’s the man. Tell him he’s the man and endorse him publicly. A statement at a press conference shouldn’t be the difference between a professional player pushing himself or not. I don’t know, don’t get it.
    Elway is still grumpy that Lock made it impossible for Elway to return to his idiot "Joe Flacco is in his prime!" plan. They would like to "maintain flexibility" to go to some old veteran if Lock struggles in year 2, only it's virtually impossible now that Lock has played well.

Elway still doesn't like developmental Qbs and thinks he can "win now" with veterans. He still doesn't admit this is a rebuilding team.

OK, beating teams like the Lions and Raiders is nice, but the Chiefs games showed just how far this team is away from competing for championships.

Watch Baltimore if you want to see a team that has it's act together. Now that Tom Brady is washed up so the Patriots won't be standing like a giant stone across the path of every AFC team in future, the Ravens and Chiefs are poised to be like the Patriots and Colts during the 2000's with Manning and Brady.

The Broncos are not close to a championship, but they are close to getting a wild-card and getting back to the playoffs. And they need to keep their eyes on the ball and re-sign some of their key veterans like Justin Simmons and Chris Harris.

So when you read the whole statement by elway, it certainly isnt NEGATIVE at all.

Context is a big deal...

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived Krugan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    So when you read the whole statement by elway, it certainly isnt NEGATIVE at all.

Context is a big deal...
    Don't tell Cugel

5. The Following 4 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    Maybe it was the 'dancing, singing, rapping' Lock was kickin on the bench during the game.

Doesnt exactly spell 'focus'.
    Good lord. What a ridiculous take. This makes you sound like an 80 year old. Heaven forbid someone have fun playing football.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Elway is still grumpy that Lock made it impossible for Elway to return to his idiot "Joe Flacco is in his prime!" plan. They would like to "maintain flexibility" to go to some old veteran if Lock struggles in year 2, only it's virtually impossible now that Lock has played well.
    While i don't mind your incessant anti elway rhetoric as much as some..........i know this, Elway likes to win, whether that is for his ego, or the good of the team, i don't know, nor do i care.

If Lock gives us the best chance to win - Elway is delighted that his draft pick is going to lead us to the promise land - HIS DRAFT PICK - Elway is doing ******* cartwheels

9. The Following 4 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    While i don't mind your incessant anti elway rhetoric as much as some..........i know this, Elway likes to win, whether that is for his ego, or the good of the team, i don't know, nor do i care.

If Lock gives us the best chance to win - Elway is delighted that his draft pick is going to lead us to the promise land - HIS DRAFT PICK - Elway is doing ******* cartwheels
    Oh no! No sir! He's PISSED that we went 4-1 with a guy he drafted! He's PISSED that we have reason to have hope for the future!

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Elway still doesn't like developmental Qbs and thinks he can "win now" with veterans. He still doesn't admit this is a rebuilding team.

OK, beating teams like the Lions and Raiders is nice, but the Chiefs games showed just how far this team is away from competing for championships.

Watch Baltimore if you want to see a team that has it's act together. Now that Tom Brady is washed up so the Patriots won't be standing like a giant stone across the path of every AFC team in future, the Ravens and Chiefs are poised to be like the Patriots and Colts during the 2000's with Manning and Brady.

The Broncos are not close to a championship, but they are close to getting a wild-card and getting back to the playoffs. And they need to keep their eyes on the ball and re-sign some of their key veterans like Justin Simmons and Chris Harris.
    I want it known that I don’t agree with this either.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

13. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Winner for worst take of the decade. Congrats, got it in just under the wire, though you were basically just competing with yourself since Joel doesn't post anymore.

15. The Following 5 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Winner for worst take of the decade. Congrats, got it in just under the wire, though you were basically just competing with yourself since Joel doesn't post anymore.
    Even if Joel was still posting, I don't think he would have come close to winning.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

17. The Following 6 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Even if Joel was still posting, I don't think he would have come close to winning.
    Lol I never see carol throw shade before!!

19. The Following 5 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

I'm not sure why people are nitpicking the Lock quote - it always read as positive to me. He's saying we're not going back to Flacco, not bringing in another mediocre vet and not drafting a QB early in the draft when he says it's "not realistic" to go to anyone but Lock. That sounds like an endorsement to me.

21. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Sometimes I find that reading quotes and other stuff leaves me wondering what they "meant". So I tend to look for video to hear and see it all.

Avatar courtesy of Artist Faith Coyote

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Broncos head into offseason with Drew Lock as presumptive starter for 2020

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — After posting a 4-1 record in his five starts at quarterback, it appears Drew Lock has done enough to earn the Broncos’ starting job in 2020.

“I don’t see any [other] options right now,” President of Football Operations/General Manager John Elway said Monday. “Obviously he finished and did a heck of a job and won four out of five games and played well, but he’s still got a long way to go. He’s still got a lot of work to do, but we’re excited about where Drew is. Don’t like to show our hand, but I think it’s unrealistic to say we’re going in a different direction."
    rest - https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/b...arter-for-2020

I am assuming that it was brought to John's or someones' attention that for some a clarification needed to be made, so (other) was added

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

The quote in text doesnt echo as unenthusiastic as he sounded. I think the Flacco issue may be left a sour taste in his mouth?

Doesnt matter though. Broncos and Lock are married now. At least we got to see the ceremony this last Dec.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Thought it interesting that Coach Vic talked about the timing of activating Drew and he felt the timing was right on. In this video Drew talked about that too around 4:20 and again later.

Avatar courtesy of Artist Faith Coyote

26. The Following 2 Users High Fived Spiritguy For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information