Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVE: Broncos' end-of-season press conferences

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default LIVE: Broncos' end-of-season press conferences

Is suppose to start at any time

Dec 30, 2019
    Pres. of Football Ops./GM John Elway and HC Vic Fangio address the media following the end of the 2019 season.

https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/...ss-conferences

STARTING NOW - 11:08
    Last edited by Denver Native (Carol); 12-30-2019 at 01:08 PM.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Elway sounds not too enthusiastic about Lock taking over in 2020 "Its not like we have any other options"
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Elway sounds not too enthusiastic about Lock taking over in 2020 "Its not like we have any other options"
    Since then, more than once, he has had a lot of praise for Drew

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Since then, more than once, he has had a lot of praise for Drew
    Yes he said he played well but was still reluctant to show commitment and 'show his hand' as he said. Maybe cuz of ******* Flacco.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Couple of takeaways after hearing that:

Elway said he is glad there won't be any coaching changes this off season - then corrected himself and said "head coaching changes" -- so I'll be interested to see what turnover there is on Vic's staff...

Said they would pick up Von's option (duh), and it sounded like a virtual certainty that they will bring back Justin Simmons.

Also gave a ringing endorsement of Fangio saying he's everything he expected and a heck of a lot more.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Good grief.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

8. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I interpret any luke warm endorsements of Lock from the FO or coaching staff as nothing more than tough love. These are men, they don't need constant endorsements and ass kissing and if someone does need those things then that person is definitely not fit to be our leader. Elway and Vic know Drew is the future but telling him how good he is now and that he's being given the key to the city won't do much to help him be the best QB he can be. Keep pushing JFE and Vic, Drew will be all the better for it in the end.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I interpret any luke warm endorsements of Lock from the FO or coaching staff as nothing more than tough love. These are men, they don't need constant endorsements and ass kissing and if someone does need those things then that person is definitely not fit to be our leader. Elway and Vic know Drew is the future but telling him how good he is now and that he's being given the key to the city won't do much to help him be the best QB he can be. Keep pushing JFE and Vic, Drew will be all the better for it in the end.
    What’s the point of luke warm, passive bullshit? He’s the man. Tell him he’s the man and endorse him publicly. A statement at a press conference shouldn’t be the difference between a professional player pushing himself or not. I don’t know, don’t get it.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I think Elway's point was actually trying to give Lock credit that he'd played his way into the job. In his next sentence he talks about how he doesn't want to tip their hand -- nor does he probably want to publicly anoint him after 5 games -- but I don't think it reflects any luke warm feelings.

“I don’t see any options right now. He finished and did a heck of a job. He won four out of five games and played well,” Elway said. “I don’t like to show our hand, but I think it’s unrealistic to say we’re going in a different direction.”

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

But show their hand to who?

Adopted Bronco:

Troy Renck
    ‏Verified account @TroyRenck
    13m13 minutes ago

#Broncos Elway on Fangio "Vic has everything I thought he would be and heck of a lot more. It's been great working relationship." #Denver7

Troy Renck
    15m15 minutes ago

#Broncos Elway on Sanders trade. "It's against my nature to trade good football players for future considerations. But looking at the big picture, ... it made it worthwhile. Losing a good football player was best for our team at that time. Was good for Emmanuel and for us."

Troy Renck
    16m16 minutes ago

#Broncos Elway on WR corps. "We feel good, but we are evaluating every position. We are going to try and upgrade every position. That would be one." #Denver7

Troy Renck
    19m19 minutes ago

#Broncos Elway said they will pick up club option on @VonMiller #Denver7

Troy Renck
    19m19 minutes ago

#Broncos Elway said of Fangio. "He brought attention to detail. He didn't lose anything he did as a defensive coordinator and became a great head coach. The players believe in him. That's what we needed. The discipline we played with. That will only get better." #Denver7

Troy Renck
    20m20 minutes ago

Elway "That locker room feels like it has a chance to win. That's the good thing." #Denver7

Troy Renck
    23m23 minutes ago

#Broncos Elway. "We have gotten rid of that feeling that 'here we go again.' They have hope that they are going to be successful." Pointed to Lock's impact. #Denver7

Troy Renck
    24m24 minutes ago

#Broncos Elway on how important this offseason is. "I guess when losing think every offseason is important. What we have going. We have continuity. ...We are at the point is we have bounced off the bottom. The whole thing when losing is getting lockerroom turned around." #Denver7

Troy Renck
    25m25 minutes ago

#Broncos Elway would like to get something done long term with @jsimms1119. Can also franchise him. “We want him back.” #Denver7

Troy Renck
    30m30 minutes ago

Elway on #Broncos Phillip Lindsay: “There were 32 dumb-dumbs that didn’t draft him an I was one of them." Again, Elway said he will look to do a new deal for Lindsay. "He has heart the size of his whole body." #Denver7

Troy Renck
    31m31 minutes ago

#Broncos Elway said of James' knee. "He's gotta feel good about it. It's up to him. How he feels. Hope he can come back and be the player we think he can be. We have to trust the player (regarding whether he needs surgery). I am not going to question that." #Denver7

Troy Renck
    33m33 minutes ago

#Broncos Elway said will look into doing new deal for Lindsay. #Denver7

Troy Renck
    36m36 minutes ago

#Broncos Elway. "I say Von has a lot of football in him. A lot. I think he can play better. He cares about it, and that's the thing." #Denver7

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Troy Renck
    4m4 minutes ago

Quick summary: #Broncos will take a month before evaluating roster..That’s new..But Elway said will pick up Von Miller option, wants Simmons back on longterm deal, and will franchise tag if necessary, and will look to do a new deal for Phillip Lindsay. Hope has returned. #Denver7

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

18. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

You have to get Simmons signed. Snubbed from the Pro Bowl, played at an All-Pro level, so that won’t be easy, but I think it’s something they have to do.

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    You have to get Simmons signed. Snubbed from the Pro Bowl, played at an All-Pro level, so that won’t be easy, but I think it’s something they have to do.
    Yup, and lock up AJ Johnson ASAP on a 5 year deal

Adopted Bronco:

Nicki Jhabvala
    ‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala
    9m9 minutes ago

John Elway: "I think with the youth that we have on this team, the young guys that we have, with Drew coming in and playing like he played, it feels like we’ve bounced off the bottom and now we’re heading up."

Nicki Jhabvala
    23m23 minutes ago

John Elway: "Vic has been everything I thought he would be and a heck of a lot more."

Nicki Jhabvala
    24m24 minutes ago

Elway on trading Emmanuel Sanders: "It's against my nature to trade good football players for future considerations, as we did. So it was difficult. But looking at the big picture of where we were, where Emmanuel was, where the team was ... it made it all worth while."

Nicki Jhabvala
    33m33 minutes ago

Elway: "The whole thing with losing is getting that locker room turnaround. Where they feel like they have a chance to be successful and it's not like, 'Here we go again." I feel like we finally got rid of that and the locker room finally feels we have a chance to be successful."

Nicki Jhabvala
    35m35 minutes ago

John Elway said they'd like to get a long-term deal done with Justin Simmons. They know the tag is available, but they want something long-term.

Elway said Simmons is the type of player they want. "He's a great man." Elway also said he told Simmons today that they want him back.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information