Poll: Elway Still Need to be Fired?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Still Think Elway Needs to be Fired?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Lol, they havent accomplished anything yet dude. Dont be stupid. If you want to have a discussion about this than quit being dumb about it. Yes, we have some talent there but it doesnt guarantee anything and based on the last 4 years of ineptitude as far as wins and losses are concerned it hasnt panned out. This year hasnt turned out any different than the last 3 and that is what i am basing current history on. Can it change? Uh yea. But there is no guarantee there.
    Yeah, nothing in life is guaranteed, you dope. JHC, we are talking about what lies ahead. Your glass is half full of piss, I guess. What a miserable way to go through life.

My glass is overflowing with the finest beer!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

2. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Dont know the answer, help me out.
    The Broncos with Manning had one of the greatest offenses the NFL had ever seen and they got their ass kicked in the SB. Realizing that they couldn't win with offense alone, in two years, Elway built one of the greatest defenses the NFL had ever seen, and the Broncos won SB50.

To simply wave off the SB as catching lightning in the bottle by signing Manning is to ignore what actually happened and how the Broncos won that SB.

4. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Yeah, nothing in life is guaranteed, you dope. JHC, we are talking about what lies ahead. Your glass is half full of piss, I guess. What a miserable way to go through life.

My glass is overflowing with the finest beer!!
    What the **** are you even talking about?

Just because im cautious about whether or not Elway can get this thing right is half full? Sorry man go **** yourself. I got into every season hoping for the best but **** it aint like the last 4 years have given me anything to really crow about. You cant live off SB50 forever JHC.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

What the **** are you even talking about?

Just because im cautious about whether or not Elway can get this thing right is half full? Sorry man go **** yourself. I got into every season hoping for the best but **** it aint like the last 4 years have given me anything to really crow about. You cant live off SB50 forever JHC.
    I haven't mentioned SB50 once. Are you being intentionally obtuse, or are you just stupid?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    The Broncos with Manning had one of the greatest offenses the NFL had ever seen and they got their ass kicked in the SB. Realizing that they couldn't win with offense alone, in two years, Elway built one of the greatest defenses the NFL had ever seen, and the Broncos won SB50.

To simply wave off the SB as catching lightning in the bottle by signing Manning is to ignore what actually happened and how the Broncos won that SB.

Oh boy. Yes defense was once in a lifetime great but it did take a vet leader like Manning to guide them to the finish line. Thats just fact, not opinion. But, considering our defense is NOWHERE near that level i think its pretty safe to say we wont be doing it that way again. Those types of defenses dont come around all that often.

8. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Elway thought Flacco was somehow the answer. Its up for discussion.

I thnk everyone should just be happy Den FINALLY has a young talentes franchise QB.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I haven't mentioned SB50 once. Are you being intentionally obtuse, or are you just stupid?
    **** you man. Now you are just trolling at this point and i dont want to deal with your stupid shit tonight.

11. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Ok guys let's just hug it out.

13. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

**** you man. Now you are just trolling at this point and i dont want to deal with your stupid shit tonight.
    Finish your half glass of piss and then go **** yourself.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Ok guys let's just hug it out.
    Nothing to hug out, he just gets stupid sometimes and im not dealing with that shit tonight.

16. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Oh boy. Yes defense was once in a lifetime great but it did take a vet leader like Manning to guide them to the finish line. Thats just fact, not opinion. But, considering our defense is NOWHERE near that level i think its pretty safe to say we wont be doing it that way again. Those types of defenses dont come around all that often.
    Yet, by your lightning in a bottle comment, you give the GM no credit for that defense.

The one thing you are right about is that those defenses don't come around that often, so we should be grateful that our GM was able to put together a historic defense and as a result, let his free agent QB bring Denver a SB.

Finding a franchise QB is one of the most difficult things in the NFL and the reason that the majority of QBs drafted outside of the top 5 (probably top 3) are busts.

18. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post

I thnk everyone should just be happy Den FINALLY has a young talentes franchise QB.
    No. We can't be happy about it because it proves nothing and nothing is guaranteed!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Yet, by your lightning in a bottle comment, you give the GM no credit for that defense.

The one thing you are right about is that those defenses don't come around that often, so we should be grateful that our GM was able to put together a historic defense and as a result, let his free agent QB bring Denver a SB.

Finding a franchise QB is one of the most difficult things in the NFL and the reason that the majority of QBs drafted outside of the top 5 (probably top 3) are busts.
    So what is the time limit for Elway in your mind? 5 years? 10? 15? What are your expectations going forward the next 2-3 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post

At some point we need to set the EMO rage aside and get over Flacco. When you don't have top 3 picks and try and fill the QB position with late first round or second round picks, most are going to be a bust. In the meantime, you try and keep the ship going with journeymen QBs until you find a young, franchise QB. Hopefully, we found one now, but all the hand ringing (not saying you have done it) over Osweiller, Lynch and the like is just EMO BS.

Let's remember, how fickle fate is. Jones tried to move up and draft Lynch and if he had, they would have the bust and there is a decent chance we would have gotten Prescott. There is nothing sure in the NFL draft, no matter how much us back seat GM's want to make it seem like it is.

22. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

At some point we need to set the EMO rage aside and get over Flacco. When you don't have top 3 picks and try and fill the QB position with late first round or second round picks, most are going to be a bust. In the meantime, you try and keep the ship going with journeymen QBs until you find a young, franchise QB. Hopefully, we found one now, but all the hand ringing (not saying you have done it) over Osweiller, Lynch and the like is just EMO BS.

Let's remember, how fickle fate is. Jones tried to move up and draft Lynch and if he had, they would have the bust and there is a decent chance we would have gotten Prescott. There is nothing sure in the NFL draft, no matter how much us back seat GM's want to make it seem like it is.
    It took 4 years to find a potential QBoTF?

OMG!!! How is that possible!!!!

#emobitchesupinthisplace

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information