Poll: Elway Still Need to be Fired?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23

Thread: Still Think Elway Needs to be Fired?

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    So in Baltimore, Joe Flacco threw short of the sticks at a historic rate, according to Kevin Clark at the Ringer. We all witnessed that earlier this season, and apparently the numbers were there in Baltimore too. That’s quite the failure of the scouting and analytics departments, or a complete failure on Elway’s part to listen to them.

It was obviously a bad move at the time. A really unfortunate move. I’m glad Denver stumbled into Drew Lock. Hopefully these types of obvious criticisms aren’t needed in the future, because Lock looks like a stud.
    I loved Mike Shanahan's take on these types of scenarios. I'm being really liberal with the actual quote but he pretty much said every team in the league is arrogant and if they see a guy with issues whether it be a decline in play or character most gm and coaches will convince themselves they can turn the guy around

2. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

So in Baltimore, Joe Flacco threw short of the sticks at a historic rate, according to Kevin Clark at the Ringer. We all witnessed that earlier this season, and apparently the numbers were there in Baltimore too. That’s quite the failure of the scouting and analytics departments, or a complete failure on Elway’s part to listen to them.

It was obviously a bad move at the time. A really unfortunate move. I’m glad Denver stumbled into Drew Lock. Hopefully these types of obvious criticisms aren’t needed in the future, because Lock looks like a stud.
    They should have scouted me instead of that Mitch Tanner guy!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

4. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Flacco was fourth worst in Average Air Yards To Sticks (AYTS) according to NFL Next Gen in both 2016 and 2017. He was third worst this year. In 2018, he was better, but still bottom half of the league.

That’s a pretty damning stat for why trading for Flacco was such a bad move. Oof.
    Agree 1000%.

Has mad implications for defensive schemes--explains why savvy d-coords can bottle him so easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

I give elway credit for bringing in Manning which in turn made Denver a hot spot for good FA like Talib, Ware and Ward. He flopped so many drafts and has had a few promising picks. But he rarely resigns his own draft picks and lets every test the market and looks for cheap FA. Parks, Simmons, Wolfe, C. Harris, Gostis and McGovern and S. Harris are all going to be UFA.

We will let the market set their values and then try to sign left overs
    Usually how Elway works. Would like to see elway sign some of them to contracts and give Miller extension to offset his high salary.
    Last edited by NightTerror218; 12-30-2019 at 04:08 PM.

7. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information