Poll: Elway Still Need to be Fired?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Still Think Elway Needs to be Fired?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Then let’s agree they should not be able to draft shit college spread QB’s unless they have a Joe Flacco type.
    If by JF type you mean veteran QB who has had success, yes. If you literally mean JF, no. Why? Because he's a pouty ho.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

2. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    If by JF type you mean veteran QB who has had success, yes. If you literally mean JF, no. Why? Because he's a pouty ho.
    Y’all act like pouty hoes are so bad.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

4. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

For further consideration, the Broncos refused to put Ju’Wuan James on IR even though he had a torn MCL and meniscus. This is what they should’ve done with Lock, regardless of how much they believe in Flacco and his neck/back issues.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Damn.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Who’s the dumbass?
    anyone who read this garbage thread. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

For further consideration, the Broncos refused to put Ju’Wuan James on IR even though he had a torn MCL and meniscus. This is what they should’ve done with Lock, regardless of how much they believe in Flacco and his neck/back issues.
    Very uninformed comparison. Keep up the good work.

Elway should have had the foresight to not IR Lock because if the season went sideways it was imperative that Lock play as much as possible. The simple fact that our season ended in week three -maybe four if you're a blind optimist- really highlights how badly the organization missed the mark on judging this roster. It certainly missed the mark on how good Flacco really was.

The fact that we kept praying for a LT with a bum knee to get back and healthy, and Callahan's bent screw in his foot to heal, while leaving them off of IR, does demonstrate poor implementation of IR.

11. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Elway should have had the foresight to not IR Lock because if the season went sideways it was imperative that Lock play as much as possible. The simple fact that our season ended in week three -maybe four if you're a blind optimist- really highlights how badly the organization missed the mark on judging this roster. It certainly missed the mark on how good Flacco really was.

The fact that we kept praying for a LT with a bum knee to get back and healthy, and Callahan's bent screw in his foot to heal, while leaving them off of IR, does demonstrate poor implementation of IR.
    Again, a Maddeneque take. We need to get the rookie playing at all costs to boost his score in franchise mode...

The very fact that you think he should have IR'd his two high priced free agents, who they hoped would contribute this year instead of IR'ng a rookie, that the plan was to not contribute at all, just in case the season was a total bust AND the rookie was healthy sooner than expected, is about all that's needed for your takes.

That's setting aside the fact that you and Jaded don't seem to know that James played in week 1 before getting hurt, so even if the Broncos had put James on IR, it would have been AFTER Lock was put on IR, so it couldn't have been instead of.

Geez guys, this is getting embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Again, a Maddeneque take. We need to get the rookie playing at all costs to boost his score in franchise mode...

The very fact that you think he should have IR'd his two high priced free agents, who they hoped would contribute this year instead of IR'ng a rookie, that the plan was to not contribute at all, just in case the season was a total bust AND the rookie was healthy sooner than expected, is about all that's needed for your takes.

That's setting aside the fact that you and Jaded don't seem to know that James played in week 1 before getting hurt, so even if the Broncos had put James on IR, it would have been AFTER Lock was put on IR, so it couldn't have been instead of.

Not what I said. We need to set the rookie up to play ASAP in case the season goes sideways. Not sure why you take that position and turn it into something else.

You continue to attack people that you disagree, that's embarrassing. The point is that we didn't IR two guys who are essentially washed on the season. Guess what, that means not IRing them was wrong. So you can act like not IRing guys who couldn't play doesn't show an incorrect path, that's fine. And, you can act like getting reps to a potential QBotF doesn't matter, that's fine. You're allowed your opinion.

I know James got hurt early, but later than Lock. I also know that Callahan was struggling with his foot for a long time. Point being, the implementation of IR this season has been a train wreck, and that's true whether you don't want to admit or not.

Stop acting like you're posting from some superior knowledge position, or are in any way positioned to know more, or be more reasonable. You're not. Show respect that you get.

Not what I said. We need to set the rookie up to play ASAP in case the season goes sideways. Not sure why you take that position and turn it into something else.

You continue to attack people that you disagree, that's embarrassing. The point is that we didn't IR two guys who are essentially washed on the season. Guess what, that means not IRing them was wrong. So you can act like not IRing guys who couldn't play doesn't show an incorrect path, that's fine. And, you can act like getting reps to a potential QBotF doesn't matter, that's fine. You're allowed your opinion.

I know James got hurt early, but later than Lock. I also know that Callahan was struggling with his foot for a long time. Point being, the implementation of IR this season has been a train wreck, and that's true whether you don't want to admit or not.

Stop acting like you're posting from some superior knowledge position, or are in any way positioned to know more, or be more reasonable. You're not. Show respect that you get.
    James got hurt in the first game, so Lock was already IR'd. It's a nonsensical comparison (I realize Jaded made it and you are just following along).

NFL teams don't make personnel moves "in case" the season goes sideways.

Anyway, it's moot now. He's playing and playing pretty well. Plenty of time to come up with your 2020 list of things to complain about.

James got hurt in the first game, so Lock was already IR'd. It's a nonsensical comparison (I realize Jaded made it and you are just following along).

NFL teams don't make personnel moves "in case" the season goes sideways.

Anyway, it's moot now. He's playing and playing pretty well. Plenty of time to come up with your 2020 list of things to complain about.
    Oh look, another barb. Are you just incapable of having a discussion with someone you disagree with and not being rude? You are a grown man.

Jaded didn't make anything up. Look, another accusation you made. Just like you said I was pulling something out of my ass. Even when I showed you a direct quote. You wouldn't apologize for that.

And yeah, NFL teams do make contingency plans. It's called depth, for instance. And it's called insight and foresight. Why do you think the Colts got Brisett? Or the Jaguars drafted Mineshew? Why do you think teams like the Saints got Bridgewater? All of those situations are a little different, but the fact of the matter is that those are literally contingency plans. That's an incredible claim you made. And moreover, from a sheer tactical plan, if Flacco got hurt and the season wasn't a wash, who do you think makes for the better backup? Allen? A guy barely in the league, or Lock?

And if you say Allen that's your opinion, but it's a hard sell in a vacuum, and certainly a hard sale after seeing Lock.
    Last edited by Poet; 12-25-2019 at 04:10 AM.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Very uninformed comparison. Keep up the good work.
    Knowing everything without being informed is not work, it’s a gift.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

This is embarrassing ... that you don’t seem to realize that I’m not arguing that James should’ve been put on IR instead of Lock. You’re arguing with something I didn’t say.

WHERE/WHEN they went/go on IR is irrelevant when I’m not saying they should have been put on IR.

Maybe you should argue with one person at a time.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 12-25-2019 at 03:41 AM.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

This is embarrassing ... that you don’t seem to realize that I’m not arguing that James should’ve been put on IR instead of Lock. You’re arguing with something I didn’t say.

WHERE/WHEN they went/go on IR is irrelevant when I’m not saying they should have been put on IR.

Maybe you should argue with one person at a time.
    When a team botches IR placements repeatedly, you stop giving them the benefit of the doubt. 'We don't want to waste a roster spot' is the rational given while the team essentially wasted two roster spots on guys who barely, if at all, played. Slow rolling a guy who is going to end up healthy and sitting out practices because of IR rules while not IRing a guy with a busted knee and another guy with a screw that's bent in his foot just shows you how rough this year was for us and the IR application.

Now can you make the argument, like JADED did, that maybe you don't IR a guy and you try to let him work through it. We did that with James because he's a good player, and it was possible maybe that you can get something out of him. Well, if you can do that with the RT, you can do that with other players, right? So exactly who is more likely to do that - the guy with a hand injury who was said to be out 4-6 weeks, and was already throwing the ball by game four, or the cornerback with a screw that's bent in his foot?

If you're going to say IR the guys, then you IR all. Be consistent. If you say you don't have to, then it applies to Lock. And if the argument is then, well we're wasting a roster spot on a QB hurt in the preseason, it's not asking for the world to keep him around because if your starter gets hurt, you want your best player (Lock not Allen) to go in. And if your season is a dud, which many of us thought it would be, because Flacco is the QB, you want that potential QB to be out there ASAP.

TL;DR - Elway didn't hedge his bets and people are now trying to do mental gymnastics to validate some of the backwards approaches we've had. Especially in a league where many teams keep three QB's on the roster.

And if you have an issue with that, I said JE discounted Lock this year because he was in love with Flacco. If JE wasn't in love with Flacco, then keeping Lock in a position to return ASAP makes that much more sense.

21. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

This thread is a dumpster fire to roast 2020 marshmallows on.
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

23. The Following 7 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information