Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Lions 12/22/19

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Never really felt there was any doubt we were gonna lose that game. Hadn't had a feeling like that in a while watching a Broncos game.

This Sunday's game against the Raiders is gonna be so good, Oakland has a chance at a wild card spot and we can ruin this for them.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived tripp For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    Never really felt there was any doubt we were gonna lose that game. Hadn't had a feeling like that in a while watching a Broncos game.

This Sunday's game against the Raiders is gonna be so good, Oakland has a chance at a wild card spot and we can ruin this for them.
    I hope everything Oakland needs breaks for them then they lose to us. That would be perfect.

4. The Following 5 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Watching the game with my new grand doggy. My daughter's 8 week old pug.

Attachment 15673
    ZOMG such a little cutie patootie!
    Famous quotes by me:
    "When life gives you lemons, it's probably trying to occupy your hands so it can kick you in the nuts."
    "There is a fine line between genius and insanity... stupid has no such boundaries."

- Gimpygod | I'm famous suckers! Video proof

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Gimpygod For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Is it not more likely that a bigger and stronger running back with denser bones doesn't break his wrist like Lindsay did?
    You always put the best player in who gives you the best opportunity to win. Lindsay is that player!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EEAC05CB-0A23-4C7D-A31B-2BFEC2605061.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	15683
    Last edited by Gimpygod; 12-23-2019 at 04:15 PM.
    Famous quotes by me:
    "When life gives you lemons, it's probably trying to occupy your hands so it can kick you in the nuts."
    "There is a fine line between genius and insanity... stupid has no such boundaries."

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver 18m
    Fangio: Patrick Morris and Jake Rodgers “both came in and did commendable jobs” filling in for Risner & Wilkinson

Cecil Lammey @CecilLammey 18m
    "Just more good play (from Drew Lock). I think he's capable of being more, just being consistent." Vic Fangio #Broncos @1043TheFan

Cecil Lammey @CecilLammey 17m
    "(Lock) really used that 10 weeks he was off to his advantage. He learned more about the NFL, all the things that go with playing quarterback in the NFL. I think those 10 weeks were really beneficial to him." Vic Fangio #Broncos @1043TheFan

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver 17m
    Fangio says the drop in sack rate is not just because of Lock’s style, but also the ways in which “schematically” they’ve helped the OL with more chipping, etc.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver 16m
    Fangio: “Not sure” about Wilkinson’s status for Sunday with an ankle injury. Ja’Wuan James “is still in play” to be back in the lineup next Sunday.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver 15m
    Fangio: “It’d be curious to know” who did and didn’t have a flu shot. They offer flu shots to the players, but it isn’t mandatory.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver 13m
    Fangio: “I’m very encouraged by what Drew has done” … “part of it” is the negative he endured in KC and how he responded to it.

Cecil Lammey @CecilLammey 13m
    "Yeah, (DaeSean) has played better. I talked to him one-on-one about (the drops)." Vic Fangio #Broncos @1043TheFan

Nicki Jhabvala @NickiJhabvala 6m
    Vic Fangio on Drew Lock: "He’s done enough to show that he definitely that he could be The Guy, and we’re looking for that to be the case.”

9. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

GEM

I guess I'm somehow retarded for thinking a smaller back shouldn't be used as a bell-cow (pause for irony) and that a position which has a short shelf life might mean you want to spell the smaller guy.
    Buddy you are not retarded, you’re special... and probably big boned.
    Famous quotes by me:

11. The Following User High Fived Gimpygod For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Now find me the smaller guys who had injury issues throughout league history.

I didn't say we need a bell cow RB. I'm just saying that it's funny to me to trot out the wear and tear argument when he wasn't on field long enough to get wear and tear injuries. Moreover he did break a bone, and bigger people tend to have higher/most/stronger/dense/whatever you want to call it bones. The irony in saying we don't need a bell-cow back while people are calling for him to be a bell-cow makes me think you should have aimed that comment not at me.

I guess I'm somehow retarded for thinking a smaller back shouldn't be used as a bell-cow (pause for irony) and that a position which has a short shelf life might mean you want to spell the smaller guy.

You also, having called me out for impoliteness seemed to have skimmed over less than 'nice' posts aimed at me. Meaning you've cherry picked data (I've seen you cry foul over this) misstate my argument, misapply my argument, and cherry pick your politeness check.

You have not only added nothing to the conversation but proven t be a large hypocrite. F- minus.
    I wouldn't say you don't use Lindsay for a short yardage situation but, I do think, you don't go 4 wide or 3 wide for it. Put in your TEs, a FB, and get after popping a hole in their D for him to shoot through

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

I'd like to see Ju'wan come back, and close out the season with a full game. I highly doubt that it happens though.

Next year it will be huge getting Chubb and Callahan back. I haven't given up on last year's free agent class, but hopefully this year's free agent class is mostly our own guys and re-signing Simmons, Chris Harris, and Shelby Harris. I don't want to see the Broncos trying to get cute bringing in overpriced free agents from elsewhere.

Oakland might outright beat us again, but I expect our defense to put up a much better fight this time. Unless I'm miscalculating, 16th is the lowest the team can drop in the draft and 8th is the highest barring some strength of schedule shenanigans.

14. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Sorry but if what the Broncos are doing now is building a winning culture then nothing says they can’t build a winning culture next year after adding even more talent.

Talent is the most important thing, without a shred of doubt.
    Correction, a talented Quarterback is the most important key to winning and I have a special feeling in me nethers about our QB.
    Famous quotes by me:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    The single most important factor in this teams winning culture is Drew Lock, the Broncos got a Top 10 talent in the 2nd round, that’s the biggest factor in establishing that winning culture ... but even that is fleeting in the NFL.

More needs to be done for this to be sustainable, I see the new iteration of JFE’s SB contender being offensively driven and they’ve got fatal flaws that can’t be fixed easily. Having the pick the litter is more important than wins.
    The Patriots never get high pick and never win as a result... wait.
    Famous quotes by me:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpygod View Post
    You said the P word? 10 Hail Mary’s for you.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpygod View Post
    Yeah, when the Broncos coach at that level then we’ll talk. Five HC changes in 6 seasons, they’ve had a TE coach coaching the OL for most of this decade, I could go on.

Edit, also, the Cheatriots talent level sucks, it always has ... they’re the exception, not the rule.

I also get sick of people measuring their team against the Cheatriots in envy ... **** them, I want to build a team that can BEAT them, not BE them.

#TheBroncosWay
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 12-23-2019 at 05:47 PM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    No, Wave. The only outcomes that are acceptable are 16-0 and 0-16.
    Not true, there are three unacceptable outcomes, 7-9/8-8/9-7.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Take a breath, it will be fine even with the wins.

The good news for Denver is they a shit ton of picks next year and if they want to move up for anyone in particular they can. But the other reality is there is a lot of great talent in this draft and we are not even talking about FA yet at this point. No matter what happens next week we will still have a top 15 pick so im not worried about winning a couple of games down the stretch.

If you look at the reactions of Miami yesterday they had celebrated like they just won the SB even though they suck big time. While winning in a losing season might not mean much to you it often times means something to them and thats something you have to try and understand.
    Dude I’m fine, I’m the one that said this would happen all along.

As for who these wins matter to, I’m on record as saying players and coaches ... and for reasons just as selfish as mine. I’m also on record as not caring what’s best for players.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

22. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Players come and go, if they wanna stick around they should learn to cover TE’s and block without holding on every play.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information