Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: Henry Ruggs III

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I don't think you're an idiot. My bad for lumping you in with the combine freaks.

Let's kiss and make up?
    Thanks bro. That actually makes me feel a lot better. The funniest combine story was when Marvin Lewis had to answer why Keith Rivers, a first round LB drated in the top ten...and he was a 4-3OLB at that....they draffted him because he had one of the greatest overall combines of all time for LB's. He was a smart player, but he never made the most of his gifts. He just sort of played educated football, but without and edge,. He was the anti-Talib. He even routinely helped RB's he tackled up. You know...*that* guy...

But **** it, he could lift a shit ton of 225 bench press reps not just for a LB, but for a DT.

Dude was a ******* freak though. they said he had grown man strength around 12. Holy ****!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

2. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

I think short-area quickness is more important than 40 times. Is that supposed to be the 3-cone?
    It definitely is for the slot WR's.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

4. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Grown Man strength - if a kid has it they're a freak but maybe just a mid-round LB instead!

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I think film is the only way.

Do you remember when you dropped the arm strength (velocity) of QBs on us a few years ago? That is a better way to gauge on field speed than running a 40 in shorts.

Does that make any sense or am I too drunk to continue?
    I remember that! I was counting frames.

You make sense. The WR game is generally about being where the defender isn't when the ball is. But a speed guy can really punish lapses in coverage if the creative OC can generate them, and the good QB can execute.

I think in general you want a Chris Harris Jr. as your WR, and even better if he's faster and/or bigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I think short-area quickness is more important than 40 times. Is that supposed to be the 3-cone?
    Maybe 4-cone would be better?

I'm just nerding on this a bit, so bear with me.

So much of the game is also about deception (can you force the defender to make a mistake through all the freaking details of being a WR) and reaction (how quickly can you use a defender's mistake to generate separation) that can only come out in live action--or in a really good simulation. If the combine was more like that, the measurements would be a lot more useful. But what kind of measurement exists that captures that?
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    except arm length, obviously. . .
    No, testing is bad for football ... just watch the games. What could go wrong?

:cough: Ted Gregory :cough:
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

9. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

https://jamesclear.com/jerry-rice

The classic test for speed in the NFL is the 40-yard dash. Before being drafted by the San Francisco 49ers, Rice was reported as running the 40 in 4.7 seconds. For reference, in 2014 there were multiple quarterbacks and even a defensive lineman that posted faster times than that. And yet, it is unlikely that any of these players will have a career half as prolific as that of Jerry Rice.

Compared to other wide receivers, Rice’s mediocre speed could be seen as a weakness. How did he overcome it? By leveraging his greatest strengths.

He designed his practice to work on his specific needs. Rice didn’t need to do everything well, just certain things. He had to run precise patterns; he had to evade the defenders, sometimes two or three, who were assigned to cover him; he had to outjump them to catch the ball and outmuscle them when they tried to strip it away; then he had to outrun tacklers. So he focused his practice work on exactly these requirements. Not being the fastest receiver in the league turned out not to matter. He became famous for the precision of his patterns. His weight training gave him tremendous strength. His trail running gave him control so he could change directions suddenly without signaling his move. The uphill wind sprints gave him explosive acceleration. Most of all, his endurance training — not something that a speed-focused athlete would normally concentrate on — gave him a giant advantage in the fourth quarter, when his opponents were tired and weak, and he seemed as fresh as he was in the first minute. Time and again, that’s when he put the game away. Rice and his coaches understood exactly what he needed in order to be dominant. They focused on these things and not on other goals that might have seemed generally desirable, like speed.

11. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Track is track. Football is football. Speed doesn’t matter if you’re not a good football player. Film matters most!
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

13. The Following User High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Does that make any sense or am I too drunk to continue?
    yes!
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    yes!
    I agree with Dog.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information