Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trust

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Default The Trust

Great article long read but worth it

https://www.westword.com/news/denver-broncos-management-has-trust-issues-11578063

- Ellis was responsible for firing Shanahan against Bowlens wishes.

- Bowlen didn't want to fire Shanny and was upset

- Ellis fronted the group that chose McDaniels

- Ellis fought to keep Elway away from the team

- Brittany Bowlen is an Ellis' puppet

Pretty damning stuff. This is a must read.
    Last edited by Shazam!; 12-19-2019 at 06:34 AM.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I have always hated Ellis......None of this surprises me at all....Elway is lucky he made it to 2 super bowls or he would have been fired already. He may even be shown the door this year, right wrong or indifferent. It always seemed shady to me that the NFL was allowing the trust to operate this way for so long....

Guess we have to hope for a good ruling next year, seems to me based off the Judges comments that there is some shady shit here with the trust for sure.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

3. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Appears to be written from a very Beth Bowlen-Wallace friendly view, so needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

It's a shame that the elder daughters are taking this approach, but that's one of the reasons instruments like this trust are put in place, because all too often family members fight over control/acquisition of assets after someone passes away. There doesn't even need to be a $3 billion football franchise in play for the infighting to happen.

If Beth and her sister are successful, it probably greatly ups the chances the team is sold. If the team is sold, who knows, might not stay in Denver long term.

5. The Following 5 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Great article long read but worth it

https://www.westword.com/news/denver...ssues-11578063

- Ellis was responsible for firing Shanahan against Bowlens wishes.

- Bowlen didn't want to fire Shanny and was upset

- Ellis fronted the group that chose McDaniels

- Ellis fought to keep Elway away from the team

- Brittany Bowlen is an Ellis' puppet

Pretty damning stuff. This is a must read.
    Most of that sounds like horse shit to me.

I don't think Ellis had the power to fire Shanny....there is no way that part is true.

I do think Ellis wanted MdDaniels. That has been reported many times.

Ellis fought to keep Elway away from team? Then why was Elway ever hired? Doesn't pass the sniff test.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

7. The Following 8 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Most of that sounds like horse shit to me.

I don't think Ellis had the power to fire Shanny....there is no way that part is true.

I do think Ellis wanted MdDaniels. That has been reported many times.

Ellis fought to keep Elway away from team? Then why was Elway ever hired? Doesn't pass the sniff test.

I think Ellis influenced the firing of Shanny and then Bowlen regretted it.....also it alludes to Bowlen forcing the hiring in 2011, long before it was the Ellis show completely in 2014.....Us getting a SB in 2015 Was paramount to Elway's extension, cause no way could Ellis not extend the guy that just brought all that revenue and a SB back to Denver....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

9. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I think Ellis influenced the firing of Shanny and then Bowlen regretted it.....also it alludes to Bowlen forcing the hiring in 2011, long before it was the Ellis show completely in 2014.....Us getting a SB in 2015 Was paramount to Elway's extension, cause no way could Ellis not extend the guy that just brought all that revenue and a SB back to Denver....
    So you are saying that Ellis had the power in 2011 (or before, even as early as 2008 when Shanny was fired)? Elway was hired in 2011, so if Ellis had the power and was fighting to keep Elway away from the team, why was Elway hired? Either Ellis was running the show or he wasn't. You can't have it both ways.

11. The Following 5 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

So you are saying that Ellis had the power in 2011 (or before, even as early as 2008 when Shanny was fired)? Elway was hired in 2011, so if Ellis had the power and was fighting to keep Elway away from the team, why was Elway hired? Either Ellis was running the show or he wasn't. You can't have it both ways.
    No Influence not power or control....I think he had a wavering Bowlen's ear when Shanny was fired, especially since it was known Bowlen wanted Slowik gone. I think he used that influence to is advantage. Then I think Bowlen over rode the No Elway thing in 2011, cause it was still his team. If I remember correctly it was 2014 when Ellis and the Trust truly took over which actually lines up with the article....you don't have to have actual control to have influence and power.....I think Ellis has been the puppet master and influenced a lot since 2008-2009....but I don't think Bowlen had fully conceded control until like 2013-2014....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

13. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

No Influence not power or control....I think he had a wavering Bowlen's ear when Shanny was fired, especially since it was known Bowlen wanted Slowik gone. I think he used that influence to is advantage. Then I think Bowlen over rode the No Elway thing in 2011, cause it was still his team. If I remember correctly it was 2014 when Ellis and the Trust truly took over which actually lines up with the article....you don't have to have actual control to have influence and power.....I think Ellis has been the puppet master and influenced a lot since 2008-2009....but I don't think Bowlen had fully conceded control until like 2013-2014....
    I'm sure he had Pat's ear, but Pat was his own man. I don't think Ellis had any real power until 2014. To suggest otherwise kinda paints Pat as a lackey and fool, which I don't care for. JMO.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I'm sure he had Pat's ear, but Pat was his own man. I don't think Ellis had any real power until 2014. To suggest otherwise kinda paints Pat as a lackey and fool, which I don't care for. JMO.
    There is a reality to Bowlen's condition and how influence from people can affect that, I have seen a recent family situation in which 1 party who had the disease was influenced by a outsider 4 years before death and it turned a family upside down. I don't think pat was a lackey, but I do think he had a advisor in Ellis steer him away from Shanny and even John until Pat decided he wanted Elway period.....I think everything since 2014 has been done with the goal of keeping Ellis running the show until he isn't allowed to anymore.....They get paid by the trust, Money talks these days....its their bread and butter they aren't just going to let it go without a fight....
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 12-19-2019 at 08:55 AM.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

There is a reality to Bowlen's condition and how influence from people can affect that, I have seen a recent family situation in which 1 party who had the disease was influenced by a outsider 4 years before death and it turned a family upside down. I don't think pat was a lackey, but I do think he had a advisor in Ellis steer him away from Shanny and even John until Pat decided he wanted Elway period.....I think everything since 2014 has been done with the goal of keeping Ellis running the show until he isn't allowed to anymore.....They get paid by the trust, Money talks these days....its their bread and butter they aren't just going to let it go without a fight....
    I think Slim's point, and what struck me as well, is that the author of the article and the daughters with the lawsuit, are picking and choosing over the course of years, when Pat Bowlen was unduly influenced by Ellis and incapable of running the team, and other times, years later, he was in control.

Seems like serious cherry picking.

19. The Following 4 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I think Slim's point, and what struck me as well, is that the author of the article and the daughters with the lawsuit, are picking and choosing over the course of years, when Pat Bowlen was unduly influenced by Ellis and incapable of running the team, and other times, years later, he was in control.

Seems like serious cherry picking.

I think they are also cherry picking, but when a judge leans towards the fact that a number of things seems off about the trust there is a good chance there is...He threw it out because Bill sold his shares and had no stake, but he alluded to there being a lot of wrong with the trust which is absolutely why the trust tried the arbitration route and why Beth and her lawyers filed a new suit, and when the judge found out he nixed the arbitration, which is why It was postponed...that's pretty much written in the proceedings....

The other thing that strikes me is if the 2002 trust gets re-instated. No one knows what that says so for all we know it could be better or worse then what actually happens, that's a huge wildcard.....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

I think they are also cherry picking, but when a judge leans towards the fact that a number of things seems off about the trust there is a good chance there is...He threw it out because Bill sold his shares and had no stake, but he alluded to there being a lot of wrong with the trust which is absolutely why the trust tried the arbitration route and why Beth and her lawyers filed a new suit, and when the judge found out he nixed the arbitration, which is why It was postponed...that's pretty much written in the proceedings....

The other thing that strikes me is if the 2002 trust gets re-instated. No one knows what that says so for all we know it could be better or worse then what actually happens, that's a huge wildcard.....
    Huge wild card. It might list his drug addled son as the head of the Broncos. It might direct the trustees to sell. It might be very similar to the current, which just minor differences.

Like I said, this isn't surprising, as this often happens. I've seen it with estates large and small. Siblings fighting for the scraps (in this case they are huge scraps).

22. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Huge wild card. It might list his drug addled son as the head of the Broncos. It might direct the trustees to sell. It might be very similar to the current, which just minor differences.

Like I said, this isn't surprising, as this often happens. I've seen it with estates large and small. Siblings fighting for the scraps (in this case they are huge scraps).
    Yeah the article even alludes to them needing to get on the same page to the judge, or it could be problems…..

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Yeah the article even alludes to them needing to get on the same page to the judge, or it could be problems…..
    The ideal scenario would have been for the siblings to get together and agree on a way forward, but life doesn't often work that way.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

This article was talked about yesterday on The Fan and they stated that it was written by Mark Knudson, and published on Westwood. I read a lot of the article, and I could not figure out how Mark would know all of this, until I read the following at the bottom of the article:

"Mark Knudson is a former Major League Baseball pitcher and veteran sports columnist/radio broadcaster in the Denver area. He currently writes a weekly column for WoodyPaige.com and co-hosts Klahr & Kompany on ESPN Radio Denver on Saturday mornings."

I have read more than once that Pat was close with Woody. Did the information in this article come from Woody?

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

26. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information