Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: The Trust

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I'm just hoping the Waltons buy the Broncos and make them the Fayetteville Broncos.
    Ummmmm NO!

2. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Ummmmm NO!
    Hey, you guys just want Ellis out, I think it's the best solution all around!!!

I feel Ellis has Ellis best decisions in mind and not the Broncos
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

5. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I feel Ellis has Ellis best decisions in mind and not the Broncos
    So, you think Ellis is a Chris Harris type character? Maybe, but if so he's managed to hide it pretty well for all but those with incredible imaginations.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Chris Harris type? I wish.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Because the conversation isn't the kids....it's Ellis. I said that already. Yes, it's obvious to anyone with half a brain that Brittany is the clear choice and the best choice. Now....will Ellis let the process roll out as Bowlen requested. That remains to be seen.
    Joe Ellis has made himself the effective owner of a $2.5 billion franchise, and he pays himself millions of $ to run it. Obviously he's not going to let that go. Hence the disagreement with Beth Bowlen who wants to run the team herself.

Neither Beth nor Brittany (who is still under 30) have ever done anything to demonstrate the ability to run a multi-billion $ company. But Joe Ellis hadn't done anything except be a crony of Pat's until he got his chance. It's not as if most owners in the NFL or pro-sports in general are anything but idiot trust fund children who inherited billions and have managed to stay out of jail.

Reality: Nobody has any idea whether Beth or Brittany would be better running the team. Joe Ellis clearly prefers Brittany, but that equally clearly is due to the fact that Beth Bowlen doesn't get along with Joe Ellis and would fire him if she took control.

And he doesn't want to be fired. Hence the "Brittany Bowlen is awesome!" plan.

The best part of the plan is that Brittany being 29 years old, the Trust Agreement supposedly requires the child who inherits control over the team to be 40 years old -- which would mean that Ellis could control the team another 11 years.

That won't happen of course, because the NFL isn't going to wait that long. But, Ellis can continue in power with Brittany "while she learns the business side of the Broncos." And that will take years.

At this point, the least bad and most probable choice is for them to sell the team to some billionaire who:

a. is not a total moron like Dan Snyder, or ego-maniac like Jerry Jones
    b. Will have the money to invest in giving the team every chance to win.

Nobody has any idea who that is.

9. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

All we know is Bowlen left Ellis in charge and they had a close personal relationship.

Winning cures all ills. If the Broncos are respectable and winning next year, this will not be so newsy. Lotta the gossip regarding The Trust is because the Broncoa became the NYJ.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I’m just glad we can all agree that Ellis is a giant bag of douche, that’s unity, people.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

12. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I’m just glad we can all agree that Ellis is a giant bag of douche, that’s unity, people.
    idk if i hate on him like that

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    All we know is Bowlen left Ellis in charge and they had a close personal relationship.

Winning cures all ills. If the Broncos are respectable and winning next year, this will not be so newsy. Lotta the gossip regarding The Trust is because the Broncoa became the NYJ.
    Winning in a season is short term. This is about the LONG term health of the franchise. Who owns the team and runs it?

You can win SBs with an idiot in charge. It's happened with the Cowboys. When Jerry Jones couldn't stand that he wasn't getting all the glory for the Cowboys SB victories instead of Jimmy Johnson he fired Johnson and hired Barry Switzer.

Switzer won 1 SB with the team Jimmy Johnson assembled.

The Cowboys have never been back to the SB since then though. Pretty clearly, an owner who meddles in the personnel decisions will have a loser team like Dan Snyder and the Redskins.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post

Winning in a season is short term. This is about the LONG term health of the franchise. Who owns the team and runs it?

You can win SBs with an idiot in charge. It's happened with the Cowboys. When Jerry Jones couldn't stand that he wasn't getting all the glory for the Cowboys SB victories instead of Jimmy Johnson he fired Johnson and hired Barry Switzer.

Switzer won 1 SB with the team Jimmy Johnson assembled.

The Cowboys have never been back to the SB since then though. Pretty clearly, an owner who meddles in the personnel decisions will have a loser team like Dan Snyder and the Redskins.
    I wasnt talking one season. Sustained success for this decade. If Lock is half as good as I think he is, Broncos will certainly be competitive.l the decade.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    I'm no fan of Joe Ellis, but let's not absolve Elway of most of the blame here.

Ellis convinced Pat Bowlen to fire Shanahan. Bowlen was reluctant to do it and cried during the exit interview. (In fairness it was obviously time for Shanny to go). Obviously, Elway wasn't in the building at the time.

Ellis played a big role in hiring McDaniels too, although that doesn't explain how McMoron suddenly emerged after a few months in some sort of coup as both coach and GM.

In fact, the lawsuit alleges that Pat Bowlen lacked capacity in 2009 to make these decisions. Ellis denies it, but we don't know what's true.

Ellis played no apparent role in selecting John Fox over other candidates, nor in Elway's decision to fire Fox after the 2014 playoff loss to Indy.

Ellis blocked Elway from re-hiring Shanahan after VJ's first disastrous 2016 season, but Elway was purely responsible for hiring VJ in the first place over Kyle Shanahan. So, that effort by Elway to hire Shanny could be seen as a "whoops! I done screwed up! I can't hire Kyle S, because he's now in SF, but let's hire his dad as the next best thing" moment by Elway.

Elway could have fired VJ (Ellis didn't prevent that) but insisted they had to do a full on coaching search, interviewing multiple candidates. Ellis would not let Elway do another of his "I've got a guy! I'm not interviewing anybody else!" approaches like he took when hiring both Kubiak and VJ.

So, Elway preferred to keep VJ rather than have to do a full blown coaching search.

Certainly the decision to hire Fangio was Elway's for good or ill.

If we have to assign blame for the 5-11, 6-10 and 7-9 seasons and 4 straight seasons without a playoff appearance it mostly falls on Elway.
    This is funny, rather than convincing people to piss and moan about Elway, you got them liking him more. Congratulations Cug!
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 01-07-2020 at 01:27 PM.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information