Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trust

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    There is a reality to Bowlen's condition and how influence from people can affect that, I have seen a recent family situation in which 1 party who had the disease was influenced by a outsider 4 years before death and it turned a family upside down. I don't think pat was a lackey, but I do think he had a advisor in Ellis steer him away from Shanny and even John until Pat decided he wanted Elway period.....I think everything since 2014 has been done with the goal of keeping Ellis running the show until he isn't allowed to anymore.....They get paid by the trust, Money talks these days....its their bread and butter they aren't just going to let it go without a fight....
    Effectively this is all true and consistent with what's been reported on the radio for several years.

That's typical with Alzheimers (as anyone who's had it in their family can tell you) and is one reason why guardian ad-litems are appointed by the Probate Court to review contested appointments of powers of attorney. To investigate and see if the "protected person" is being abused by someone claiming fiduciary power.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Effectively this is all true and consistent with what's been reported on the radio for several years.

That's typical with Alzheimers (as anyone who's had it in their family can tell you) and is one reason why guardian ad-litems are appointed by the Probate Court to review contested appointments of powers of attorney. To investigate and see if the "protected person" is being abused by someone claiming fiduciary power.
    Also, anyone familiar with the disease knows that you aren't fine one day and incapable the next. In the early stages of the disease people are fully capable of making proper estate planning preparations to take care of their estate when the disease progresses.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Is Ellis trying to keep his de-facto ownership intact for as long as possible? YUP. He's made millions of $ from total control of a multi-billion$ company. Why would he give that up?

As for Ellis firing Shanahan because Shanny was too powerful in the building, that opinion was widely shared by everybody at the time. Shanahan's drafting was horrible (Anybody remember them moving up to #17 to draft DE Jarvis Moss? And DE Tim Crowder in the 2nd? Ugh.)

Pat was reported at the time as crying during the dismissal and Shanny said that Bowlen was more broken up about it than Shanny was (he took a year off earning around $7m without working and then got the Redskins coaching job).

Shanny's personnel choices were as bad in the late 2000s as Elway's are now. So, there was plenty of reason to fire Shanny the GM even if Shanahan the coach was still a top NFL coach (he was).

As for Pat hiring Elway against Ellis' opinion, that's probably true too. At the time he didn't want such a powerful voice inside the building.

BUT, things have changed wildly since then.

RIGHT NOW , Ellis needs Elway a LOT more than Elway needs him. The reason Ellis is able to run the team without interference from the league is because Elway is actually running the day to day personnel decisions. He's the front man which gives the league cover NOT to demand that the Broncos name an owner -- in accord with league policy.

So, if the trust wins the lawsuit (more likely than not -- capacity cases are tough to prove), then Ellis moves Brittany into management and he's safe for another 5 years.

But, Elway could torpedo this because he's unlikely to want to stay as Team President beyond 2021 when his current contract expires. Dude has over $150 million and recent years have not been any fun for him. He HATES losing and unless the team is competing for championships by then nobody in touch with the Broncos insiders thinks he will stay.

If he goes, Ellis will lose a LOT of legitimacy. Who can he get to replace Elway? The iron fist inside the velvet glove becomes a LOT more obvious and intervention by the NFL to force a sale becomes a lot more likely.

But, if Beth Bowlen wins, then a move to sell the team is likely. The NFL might very well NOT approve a transfer of ownership to Beth Bowlen --- nor is there a shred of evidence that she'd be any better at running the team than the trust is now.

Think of Joe Ellis as an elderly Stalin in the early 1950s. Absolute dictator? Yes, but he's unlikely to last for another 7 years.

The only thing that could change that is if:

1. The Broncos start competing for SBs.
    2. Elway stays as team president beyond 2021.

Neither of these things seems terribly likely at this point.

5. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

As for whether Ellis interfered with Elway's management decisions? YUP.

Elway wanted to fire VJ after his first season, and hire Mike Shanahan back as coach (but not GM). Ellis vetoed that move. Would that have been a great idea? Probably not. Shanahan is 68 years old right now. There's not a lot of NFL coaches that old who are successful.

Ellis demanded Elway not just appoint the next coach without a coaching search if he was going to fire VJ. That too makes perfect sense. Elway reached for VJ and didn't even interview anybody else except Kyle Shanahan. Kyle crushed his interview but Elway refused to go back on a decision he'd already made to hire VJ -- because "Vance is a leader of men." Whatever that meant.

At least before he hired Fangio, Elway had to interview other candidates. And Fangio wasn't some insane reach of a guy who had been a DC in Miami for 1 season during which his defense was pretty crappy. Fangio's a first time head coach, but decades of NFL experience as a DC.

So, all Ellis' decisions haven't been totally dumb.

7. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Wow, someone has jumped the shark -- again...

9. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Birds of a Feather, Ellis is pure garbage.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Birds of a Feather, Ellis is pure garbage.
    Factual basis?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Factual basis?
    Who needs facts when you have EMOtion?

13. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Who needs facts when you have EMOtion?
    For some reason this reminds me of that 80's song about 2d hand emotion. What was it called?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

For some reason this reminds me of that 80's song about 2d hand emotion. What was it called?
    I'm not sure, I would bet love has nothing go do with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

16. The Following 5 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Factual basis?
    Instinct.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Klemmer-Wallace lawsuit contesting their father Pat Bowlen's capacity in 2009 set for September 1

https://www.9news.com/article/sports...d-2e81cd082169

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

19. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

What’s this shit stirring nonsense? Shazam, you’re better than this.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    What’s this shit stirring nonsense? Shazam, you’re better than this.
    Yeah Shazam, never go against party line again.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I don't get it. I usually don't...
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information