Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 NFL Free Agent Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I’m afraid Cowballs May have set the WR trade market at a 1st round pick, Diggs is already extended too, which might drive UP his value.
    They were the only ones to go that high. Antonio Brown and other recent good WRs have gone for 3rd or lower
    Last edited by SmilinAssasSin27; 02-16-2020 at 10:06 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/n...zona-cardinals

Wow this is why you draft Offensive tackles if you can in a good class. We are dumb if we don't draft a tackle in the 1st 2 rds this year......Dude was a bum until this year then became slightly serviceable for his 16 games this year. I can only imagine what a extension would look like for Bolles....FML.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    BTW the Trust (Ellis) has been extremely tight with the cash the last couple of years. There was reason Denver wouldn’t up the offer to Campbell by $1m bucks or so.
    How so? We've been close to the cap limit every year. In fact, last year only 8 teams spent more and 2018 only 7.

The players are getting paid, as they do everywhere.

6. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    How so? We've been close to the cap limit every year. In fact, last year only 8 teams spent more and 2018 only 7.

The players are getting paid, as they do everywhere.
    It’s not the cap but the bonuses. The cap is fictional, the cash for bonuses isn’t.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

It’s not the cap but the bonuses. The cap is fictional, the cash for bonuses isn’t.
    your family honor is mostly fictional, but your sphincter is 100% real. . . davii is going to raid one of them. . . choose wisely, young padawan. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

This Darius Slay talk is interesting considering that we were talking to the Lions midseason...

Best case scenario - trade a 3rd rounder for Slay, sign him to a new $15 mil/yr deal. Then sign CHJ to the same $$, with 1-2 fewer years -- and suddenly you've got the No Fly Zone v2.0.

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    This Darius Slay talk is interesting considering that we were talking to the Lions midseason...

Best case scenario - trade a 3rd rounder for Slay, sign him to a new $15 mil/yr deal. Then sign CHJ to the same $$, with 1-2 fewer years -- and suddenly you've got the No Fly Zone v2.0.
    Slay is certainly a good player.

I would rather let Harris go a season too early than a season too late. He didn't have a bad season, but there was demonstrable decline. Just IMO, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Slay is certainly a good player.

I would rather let Harris go a season too early than a season too late. He didn't have a bad season, but there was demonstrable decline. Just IMO, of course.
    I still think it's more likely than not that Harris leaves in free agency... But, he was being asked to play out of position with no help... I saw enough that I think he's got a couple more effective years left if you pair him with another good CB.

Plus I think about what he means to this team and the available talent in the free agent class... I'd rather pay a little more for him than go down a tier.

Plus him and Slay are always bantering on twitter. Would be fun to pair them up. It's more of dream than something I expect to happen.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Neither one is fictional. Salaries are paid and bonuses count against the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I still think it's more likely than not that Harris leaves in free agency... But, he was being asked to play out of position with no help... I saw enough that I think he's got a couple more effective years left if you pair him with another good CB.

Plus I think about what he means to this team and the available talent in the free agent class... I'd rather pay a little more for him than go down a tier.

Plus him and Slay are always bantering on twitter. Would be fun to pair them up. It's more of dream than something I expect to happen.
    I would love to see this happen Buff.
    Hope we can use some of Flaco’s money to make it happen.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Is Teddy Bridgewater really worth $30 million per year?

Mike Florio and Chris Simms analyze a report that Teddy Bridgewater will get $30M per year in free agency and discuss his potential landing spots.

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/tedd...rs-free-agency
    Let's see, he officially started 5 games, but he took over the starting duties with 3:29 to go in the 1st quarter of the previous game in which he attempted 30 passes. That's close enough for me to call it 6 games. https://www.pro-football-reference.c...1909150ram.htm (Scroll to the bottom of the page)

1) He failed to lead the Saints to at least 14 points in 3 of those 6 games. https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../gamelog/2019/

2) Brees threw TD on 7.1% of his passes, Bridgewater on just 4.6% https://www.pro-football-reference.c...s/nor/2019.htm

3) Brees average 270.8 yards per game, Bridgewater only 153.8.

4) Although Brees played 4 more games, they were both sacked 12 times.

5) Bridgewater's 31 rushing yards on 28 carries, 1.1 yards per carry, and 3.4 yards per games doesn't make up for his lack of passing productivity.

So, no, I'm not going to break open the piggy bank to sign him because of the 5 game winning streak that he had almost nothing to do with.
    Last edited by FanInAZ; 02-19-2020 at 05:49 AM.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    https://www.rotoworld.com/football/n...zona-cardinals

Wow this is why you draft Offensive tackles if you can in a good class. We are dumb if we don't draft a tackle in the 1st 2 rds this year......Dude was a bum until this year then became slightly serviceable for his 16 games this year. I can only imagine what a extension would look like for Bolles....FML.....
    every year, teams find excellent WRs in the 4th and 5th rounds. . . college is producing droves of them. . . two years back, i liked DJ chark just as much as sutton-- he went in the 4th, and last year he developed into a legit weapon despite weak QB play. . . i can make a list of guys like that. . . child-beater tyreek was a 5th. . . i'll wait, if anyone wants to make a list of quality offensive tackles who were chosen in the late rounds over the past decade. . . the truth is, colleges now produce so few quality linemen that basically all of the even remotely capable prospects are snapped up early. . .

you can afford to wait on receivers-- especially when you aren't even looking for a number one. . . you cannot afford to wait on O-tackles. . . it's just basic draft economics. . .

#science
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

21. The Following 7 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

so somehow were being talked about as a landing spot by sportsline betting odds for Bridgewater now...wtf.....dude wants 30 mil i just don't see it.....full story which most of us would agree on the key conflicting issues.

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...dy-bridgewater
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

F that

24. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    F that
    yep. . clickbait nonsense, or a supremely clueless writer. . .
    - John Elway

26. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information