Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 NFL Free Agent Thread

Mo is going to be pissed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

2. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Mo is going to be pissed.
    Yep, gotta run Lindsay into the ground! Can't have anyone else back there who may threaten his touches!

4. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    We're apparently looking at FA RBs as well. I'd LOVE to get Melvin Gordon in Denver.
    screw that. . . you can get capable RBs at minimum salaries with later round picks, every single year. . . why in the world would you pay big for a FA with wear on the tires? makes no damn sense at all. . . invest in the O-line, the guys we have will be fine. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    screw that. . . you can get capable RBs at minimum salaries with later round picks, every single year. . . why in the world would you pay big for a FA with wear on the tires? makes no damn sense at all. . . invest in the O-line, the guys we have will be fine. . .
    I think the logic would be getting a known quantity ASAP for the playoff push.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    Who said they are going to pay big? I don't think free agent running backs in their mid to late 20s are going to be commanding big deals.

9. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Protect the kid. Not just the line, but with weapons. Give him players who can bail him out occasionally. Get him some safety valves at tight end, get him another pass catching RB. A slot WR who thrives on third downs. Get him the functional pieces of an offense.

I cannot stress this enough - you can't grow if everyone around you sucks. Tom Brady at an early age had an all around strong offensive setting. Manning had Edge and Marvin Harrison.

To quote Arnold Schwarz, put that cookie down and pick them skill positions up.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

We got cash for days. This be the new NFL. Get that chip before the QB payday makes that near impossible.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    I think the logic would be getting a known quantity ASAP for the playoff push.
    that's fine. . . we have bigger needs at offensive line (inside and out-- we only have one good, reliable OL currently on the roster!), defensive line, starting cornerback, and #2 WR. . . i think you could argue that another ILB and TE are also bigger needs than RB. . . if they want a veteran option, re-sign riddick for vet minimum, and let him compete with a later round pick and a couple UDFAs. . .

sure, denver has cash-- but it's going to dry up quick once they re-sign or replace connor mcgovern, ron leary, derek wolfe, shelby harris, and chris harris. . . i also want a wideout like robbby anderson or corey coleman-- IMO, that's a better investment than a guy like melvin gordon. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Gordon is a top 5 back...and I don't flinch saying that. Rent his skills for 2 years. We have a ton of picks. We'll fill a lot of holes on draft weekend.

Melvin Gordon, Trai Turner, Byron Jones, some ILB...Then the Vic beasley, and DJ reader thing.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Yep, gotta run Lindsay into the ground! Can't have anyone else back there who may threaten his touches!
    We have to have him healthy in December when the wins don’t mean anything.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    We have to have him healthy in December when the wins don’t mean anything.
    Yes, because the difference between Lindsay getting 70% of the carries and 50% will drop us from a playoff team to not contending by December.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Yes, because the difference between Lindsay getting 70% of the carries and 50% will drop us from a playoff team to not contending by December.
    Only 35 catches was criminal. I don’t care how much shit I have to take for saying it.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

You think Saints fans are sitting around wondering how they can get Alvin Kamara off the field?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    You think Saints fans are sitting around wondering how they can get Alvin Kamara off the field?
    Who is saying they want to get Lindsay off the field?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information