Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian Discussion Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Thanks. I’ve been waiting for the whole season to release so I can binge.
    Same here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Thanks. I’ve been waiting for the whole season to release so I can binge.
    Smart move. Waiting a full week and then constantly refreshing my app at 3AM on the East Coast was torture. But it was a GREAT way to kick off a Friday.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    Smart move. Waiting a full week and then constantly refreshing my app at 3AM on the East Coast was torture. But it was a GREAT way to kick off a Friday.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I can't really say (having not watched), but it must have been an exceptional season of video programming for such intense interest. I'm looking forward to it.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I can't really say (having not watched), but it must have been an exceptional season of video programming for such intense interest. I'm looking forward to it.
    For that to be Buff’s loan post in like the last week, is just purposefully egregious.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    For that to be Buff’s loan post in like the last week, is just purposefully egregious.
    Ah, yes. The purpose.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Just realized that The Mandalorian is just the space version of Lone Wolf and Cub.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Ah, yes. The purpose.
    Also the “loan.”
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Also the “loan.”
    He will be the only one to pay it back with great interest.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Finally got caught up on it. What an ending. Managed to avoid any spoilers so just was just thoroughly enjoyable.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

13. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    The funny thing is Disney seemed SO AFRAID to tie themselves in any way to any of Lucas' more recent work with the prequels, the Clone Wars cartoon, and even the Original movies in many ways and it turns out that all these people wanted that nostalgia! The best responded to Star Wars content in my circle of friends was Rogue One, The Mandalorian, and even Solo. The main thing in all of those movies? They weren't afraid to take bits of nostalgia and build new stories around them to add to the tapestry and world building. Instead we get a retread with The Force Awakens, whatever the **** they were trying to undo with The Last Jedi, and then the rushed apology that Rise of Skywalker seemed to be.

Turns out we don't want to see a disgruntled Luke for half a movie and the 5 minutes he got in Mandalorian did more for the characters legacy then 3 Disney sequels! Sometimes the easiest story is the best, you can still build around Luke not being jaded and make new paths for the new characters. I thought it was an interesting concept in the Last Jedi, but the fact that it really went no where exposed the lack of planning by Disney.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    The funny thing is Disney seemed SO AFRAID to tie themselves in any way to any of Lucas' more recent work with the prequels, the Clone Wars cartoon, and even the Original movies in many ways and it turns out that all these people wanted that nostalgia! The best responded to Star Wars content in my circle of friends was Rogue One, The Mandalorian, and even Solo. The main thing in all of those movies? They weren't afraid to take bits of nostalgia and build new stories around them to add to the tapestry and world building. Instead we get a retread with The Force Awakens, whatever the **** they were trying to undo with The Last Jedi, and then the rushed apology that Rise of Skywalker seemed to be.

Turns out we don't want to see a disgruntled Luke for half a movie and the 5 minutes he got in Mandalorian did more for the characters legacy then 3 Disney sequels! Sometimes the easiest story is the best, you can still build around Luke not being jaded and make new paths for the new characters. I thought it was an interesting concept in the Last Jedi, but the fact that it really went no where exposed the lack of planning by Disney.
    Yep, nailed it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

You would think by now that celebrities in general would stay off social media especially when they cant control what they say.

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...m-controversy/

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    You would think by now that celebrities in general would stay off social media especially when they cant control what they say.

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...m-controversy/
    What exactly did she say that was so bad? Am I missing something?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information