Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Practice /press conference notes - week 15 (Chiefs week)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Practice /press conference notes - week 15 (Chiefs week)

2. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver 22m
    Fant and Dre’Mont Jones won’t practice today. Fant’s outlook is “positive overall,” but no guarantees

Troy Renck @TroyRenck 23m
    #Broncos Jones, Fant, Leary and James, and Gotsis no practice. Hopeful on Fant, James, Gotsis. Leary is In concussion protocol #Denver7

Troy Renck @TroyRenck 20m
    #Broncos Fangio on Lock. He said time off helped though he didn’t need that much time off #Denver7

Mike Klis @MikeKlis 19m
    Fangio: “I’m not for 17 games. I think it should stay at 16.” Also said eliminate divisions and go 16 teams each conference. Play every conference team once. And one in other conference that’s a rival. #9sports

Nicki Jhabvala @NickiJhabvala 16m
    Andy Reid said he thinks having a lot of good young QBs is great for the league. Vic Fangio, upon hearing this: “To hell with the league! It’s good for the Broncos!”

Troy Renck @TroyRenck 12m
    #Broncos @DrewLock23 says two of biggest memories of going to Chiefs games was watching Flacco and Manning in playoff games. Looks forward to going home. #Denver7

Troy Renck @TroyRenck 10m
    Like all of us, #Broncos @DrewLock23 was surprised coach Fangio didn’t know who Buzz Lightyear was. “I will probably have to talk to him,” he said with a smile. #Denver7

4. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Troy Renck @TroyRenck 20m
    #Broncos Fangio on Lock. He said time off helped though he didn’t need that much time off #Denver7
    Oh boy...

Not looking forward to BF response to this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glue Factory View Post
    Oh boy...

Not looking forward to BF response to this.
    Here is the quote in context, as Renck only posted part of it due to Twitter length restrictions. I think you can see from the quotes that Fangio clearly thinks that the time off and being forced to watch was a good thing, and that he had a long way to go as they started training camp/preseason and seems to imply he wouldn't have been ready at the start of the season even if he hadn't been hurt.

On if he ever got an indication during the offseason that Lock could play as well as he has in his first two stats

“I think in looking at his college tape—obviously we took him in the middle of the second round and made a little move to do it, so we had some hope then. I think early on when he was here, all the way through until the time he got hurt, he was going through a major adjustment. As weird as it seems, I do think the time off helped him. I do. That was too much time, but I do think the time off helped. When he came back and started practicing, he was in a better spot emotionally and mentally.”

On if he wants Lock to look less at his wrist band when calling plays and pre-snap

“He’s got to do what he’s got to do. Hopefully.”

On what ways he has noticed Lock’s growth mentally and emotionally

“I just think he had better command of the offense from a mental standpoint. I think sitting back and watching, he got a better understanding of what it’s like playing quarterback in the NFL.”

On how much smarter the head coach is perceived to be when the quarterback plays well

“Well there’s no more important position in all of sports than the quarterback in football. Not just—I’m saying all sports. If he plays good, you always have a chance. You feel like you can win high-scoring games or if tight games in the fourth quarter, you’ve got a chance. It’s important.”

On if Lock has had the proper perspective with a lot of hype around him

“I think so. I think he has.”

7. The Following 8 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

I knew it was too much to hope that James would be able to go two games in a row

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    I knew it was too much to hope that James would be able to go two games in a row
    He is milking the shit, either tell the coaches your done and get surgery or man the **** up put some icy hot and a brace on it and get er done. I'm 37 and go for a full 90 minutes every soccer game I play on a abused right knee, a little advil and icy hot on the knee with my brace and I'm square. I don't get paid 70 mil to do this either....

We made the right decision to go after him in FA to attempt to fix RT, but the lingering concerns in league circles about him being a baby and milking injuries seems to be true. There are all kinds of hints from Miami posters, bloggers and media that the reason Miami let him walk was because of this....Sucks for Us. I ain't mad at Elway, but this just screams even more how bad we need a top tier talent at that position.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

‘The problem is, we’re playing him’: Why Drew Lock has a fan in Chiefs head coach Andy Reid

https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/b...oach-andy-reid

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Yes Vic yes! Show the youngster some ******* love. Finally. Finally you learn. Thank the Sweet Lord Himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

'It's going to be different': Drew Lock prepares for homecoming trip to KC as Broncos look to snap skid vs. Chiefs

Drew's press conference and article
    https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/i...to-kc-as-bronc

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

15. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Troy Renck @TroyRenck 55m
    Leary, Winfree (hamstring), Walker (ankle), Jones (back), James (knee still bothering him Fangio said) are not practicing #Denver7

Nicki Jhabvala @NickiJhabvala 51m
    Vic Fangio said Tyreek Hill is the fastest player he’s seen.

Troy Renck @TroyRenck 47m
    #Broncos Scangarello says @DrewLock23has shown great pocket feel. He has ability improvise #Denver7

Troy Renck @TroyRenck 45m
    #Broncos Scangarello is credited for lightening mood with video clips to help guys remember it’s still a game. He doesn’t want any credit for it. But guys admit it has helped #Denver7

Troy Renck @TroyRenck 44m
    #Broncos Scangarello said @DrewLock23 used time down to improve. Said he has tweaked his throwing mechanics and improved his footwork. Combine that with his talent and it’s accelerating his growth #Denver7

Mike Klis @MikeKlis 41m
    Broncos DC Ed Donatell talked about how special Patrick Mahomes is but added: “People have beat him, why can’t we beat him?” #9sports

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Broncos work out Shane Tripucka, Ring of Gamer Frank Tripucka's grandson

https://www.9news.com/mobile/article/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/denver-broncos-work-out-punter-shane-tripucka/73-f8aff57b-75ef-4e21-a44a-f0d8b15451c2
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Broncos work out Shane Tripucka, Ring of Gamer Frank Tripucka's grandson

https://www.9news.com/mobile/article...a-f0d8b15451c2
    Quote so your link works.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Cant we just draft a good punter
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Cant we just draft a good punter
    Should have kept Dixon who everyone hated for no reason. He's tearing up the league and a top 5 punter.

22. The Following 4 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Should have kept Dixon who everyone hated for no reason. He's tearing up the league and a top 5 punter.
    I am not disagreeing but I honestly feel like we can draft a punter in the 6th or 7th rd any year and they can come in and be a top 5 punter. We do not do that though. We have the worst punting coaches in the league. And the worst Punter. And we will replace him with a Garbage FA punter too.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information