Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    The Line got terribly worse after SB 50 with what, four new Starters for 2016? All downhill from there.

Lock did show that an effective QB can HELP the OLine, while Flacco especially did nothing to help... Anyone.
    Line went down post SB 50, but I think what we saw more than anything, was the lack of credit most of us gave to Manning for overcoming a bad line, even when he could barely throw the ball 25 yards in the air. His adjustments and recognition of defenses, allowed him to overcome shoddy line play even in the SB50 year.

An average QB (Siemian) or bad QBs (Keenum/Flacco), simply can't do the same. If the Broncos had the kind of line that Dallas had when Dak was a rookie, and had a great RB to go with the line, then it would have been easy to overcome average or bad QBs. However, when you have an average or bad line, you need to have excellent QB play to over come it.

While we can't yet say Lock is an excellent QB, what we can say is that he clearly is better at reacting to pressure than any QB we've had since Manning. Where Flacco got happy feet and often "scrambled" (I use that word loosely, as it was more of a shuffle with feet in concrete) into rushing defenders and regularly made bad decisions under pressure (as did Keenum), Lock so far seems to have the natural ability to scramble/move away from pressure, to buy time to make a throw and then has the arm strength to flip the ball 40 yards even if backpedaling.

Good to great QB play can overcome bad or average line performance, but if you have average or bad line performance, then average or bad QBs will never succeed.

You don't have to have both a great QB and great line, but you need one or the other to be consistently good.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    The Line got terribly worse after SB 50 with what, four new Starters for 2016? All downhill from there.

Lock did show that an effective QB can HELP the OLine, while Flacco especially did nothing to help... Anyone.
    Line went down post SB 50, but I think what we saw more than anything, was the lack of credit most of us gave to Manning for overcoming a bad line, even when he could barely throw the ball 25 yards in the air. His adjustments and recognition of defenses, allowed him to overcome shoddy line play even in the SB50 year.

An average QB (Siemian) or bad QBs (Keenum/Flacco), simply can't do the same. If the Broncos had the kind of line that Dallas had when Dak was a rookie, and had a great RB to go with the line, then it would have been easy to overcome average or bad QBs. However, when you have an average or bad line, you need to have excellent QB play to over come it.

While we can't yet say Lock is an excellent QB, what we can say is that he clearly is better at reacting to pressure than any QB we've had since Manning. Where Flacco got happy feet and often "scrambled" (I use that word loosely, as it was more of a shuffle with feet in concrete) into rushing defenders and regularly made bad decisions under pressure (as did Keenum), Lock so far seems to have the natural ability to scramble/move away from pressure, to buy time to make a throw and then has the arm strength to flip the ball 40 yards even if backpedaling.

Good to great QB play can overcome bad or average line performance, but if you have average or bad line performance, then average or bad QBs will never succeed.

You don't have to have both a great QB and great line, but you need one or the other to be consistently good.
    A broken Manning despite stats is still better than what Den or 15 other teams trot out
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

The OL actually looked better when Oz played. So I don't think your take here holds much water.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post

The OL actually looked better when Oz played. So I don't think your take here holds much water.
    Oz2 or 2015

Oz2 or 2015
    He means when Manning was hurt/benched for the six or seven games leading up to the playoffs and finally SB50 win.

7. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Lock's gf lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2019-12-12-11-53-43.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	15611  

When your OL has Garrett Bolles then you need the fastest, most mobile QB you can get. That's the advantage Drew Lock has over every Denver starter since Tebow. (Not counting Paxton who couldn't get into the lineup consistently).

Manning made every team and every OL he played with much better. The last year he was out hurt in Indy they won 2 games with their garbage OL.

But, nobody else is Peyton. So, finally Denver has a QB capable of winning games with their feeble OL. Feels like a breath of fresh air actually.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Bolls play has cleaned up a **little, these last 3 games with Lock is an audition for next year.

Bolls play has cleaned up a **little, these last 3 games with Lock is an audition for next year.
    It might be Ref fatigue. His fouls were so severe -- like blatantly tackling guys right in front of the ref and then holding up his hands saying "what did I do?" that they are probably waiting for his more extreme MMA wrestling moves.

No point calling him for ordinary fouls when he's going to go full-rodeo takedown at any point? So, they might be letting him slide on some stuff.

If this is the case, and he cuts out a few of his more extreme take-downs for a bit, they might start calling his less obvious fouls. There's only so many penalties they can call on a guy, and they could call holding on him almost every single play, so they've clearly been picking their spots to flag him.

Still 13 holding calls in 13 games is not really "toning it down" very much.

He means when Manning was hurt/benched for the six or seven games leading up to the playoffs and finally SB50 win.
    Since Osweiler is retired from football at 28 after being dropped by the awesome juggernaut Miami Dolphins, we can safely say those five games were simply an extreme outlier and we can't really read anything into them -- rather like Mark Sanchez taking the Jets to the AFC Championship.

A rather expensive one for the Texans as it turns out, since they gave him a $37m guaranteed contract and then had to trade a 2nd round pick to Cleveland just to get rid of him after 1 season.

13. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Some of those passes were the stuff that dreams are made of. Can he continue to lead us to the promised land or can a defensive coordinator, more pressure, and his own eyes show him to be a very talented passer but not super human? I know that I will be watching every move of every play for the remainder of our '19 season. Hope truly does spring eternal.
    RIP Cameron, D, & D

15. The Following 6 Users High Fived Dean For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    It might be Ref fatigue. His fouls were so severe -- like blatantly tackling guys right in front of the ref and then holding up his hands saying "what did I do?" that they are probably waiting for his more extreme MMA wrestling moves.

No point calling him for ordinary fouls when he's going to go full-rodeo takedown at any point? So, they might be letting him slide on some stuff.

If this is the case, and he cuts out a few of his more extreme take-downs for a bit, they might start calling his less obvious fouls. There's only so many penalties they can call on a guy, and they could call holding on him almost every single play, so they've clearly been picking their spots to flag him.

Still 13 holding calls in 13 games is not really "toning it down" very much.
    Refs absolutely do not think this way.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Lock's gf lol
    So apparently Drew Lock was dating Gracie Hunt (owner of KC Chiefs daughter) for a while, and now has moved onto an instagram model from Colorado.... the plot thickens for Lock's return to KC.. drammmaaaaaaa

19. The Following User High Fived tripp For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    So apparently Drew Lock was dating Gracie Hunt (owner of KC Chiefs daughter) for a while, and now has moved onto an instagram model from Colorado.... the plot thickens for Lock's return to KC.. drammmaaaaaaa
    Daaaam, Gracie is a instagram hottie, errr model, herself:

https://www.instagram.com/graciehunt...ource=ig_embed

21. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Daaaam, Gracie is a instagram hottie, errr model, herself:

https://www.instagram.com/graciehunt...ource=ig_embed
    WOW. She is a hottie.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

23. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information