Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: After Not Rushing Drew Lock, the Broncos’ Patience Is Paying Off

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Pfft

Lawyers, amirite?
    This really is all Bacon and Kings fault. Lawdog too.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    This really is all Bacon and Kings fault. Lawdog too.
    Oh there are quite a few other attorneys on this site. MNPats, Cugel, and I believe UA are also attorneys.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I wanna be a lawyer.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

5. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

I wanna be a lawyer.
    You're too good of a human being for that.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Oh there are quite a few other attorneys on this site. MNPats, Cugel, and I believe UA are also attorneys.
    Uh huh. Shift that doubt Mr. Cochran.
    I’m the hobbit.

That explains a lot.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

You're too good of a human being for that.
    I have not yet begun to defile myself.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I've been quiet on this, but I've finally had enough with the self-flagellation repeated ad nauseam about sitting the kid made him better.

That's bullshit. Kid was ready. The mistake was trading for Joe Flacco and not going all in on the rookie, whoever that may have been. In particular, this one would have been just fine day one. The injury would have put a kink in things, but not $18 million worth of them. Absolutely no need to start Flacco and go through the nonsense of making him "the guy" for six games. The Broncos will have ended up paying him $3 million per start. That's utterly absurd and bad teambuilding.

They could have paid a dude $3 million for the whole season and had a veteran backup.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Which is mitigated by the exact same amount from the rollover from the ‘19 season, had they not altered the deal they’d have the same amount of cap space in ‘20.

My only question is why? They did nothing with the ‘19 cap space.
    That's a good question actually. Supposedly they were going to lock up some of their own FAs, but that didn't happen, so there was nothing actually done with the cap savings. They just put it in their own pockets.

Of course, perhaps they would have been buyers at the FA deadline had the record been different, but that was always delusional so your question remains unanswerable.

I've been quiet on this, but I've finally had enough with the self-flagellation repeated ad nauseam about sitting the kid made him better.

That's bullshit. Kid was ready. The mistake was trading for Joe Flacco and not going all in on the rookie, whoever that may have been. In particular, this one would have been just fine day one. The injury would have put a kink in things, but not $18 million worth of them. Absolutely no need to start Flacco and go through the nonsense of making him "the guy" for six games. The Broncos will have ended up paying him $3 million per start. That's utterly absurd and bad teambuilding.

They could have paid a dude $3 million for the whole season and had a veteran backup.
    Yes, perfectly sums it up!

And to add insult to injury they were actually trying to keep Brandon Allen as the starter. They were talking about what a savy veteran he was and how impressed Fangio was with him. They said a lot better things about Allen than they ever have about Lock until after the Texans game.

Today Lock sucked, but who cares? We don't expect him to go into Arrowhead in a blizzard and throw up 34 points. He has a chance to bounce back against the woeful Lions and reeling Raiders.

We got lucky that Flacco got hurt.

I want to agree, but Cugel agrees. Fed flag man.
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I’m not even sure I agree with my own opinion now. I’m so confused.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

18. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

It's simple. Most people knew that Flacco would suck. Ergo, getting Flacco was a bad move. So in our position we should have done what? Ran out a rookie QB. We were 0-4 with Flacco, what else could have happened with Lock, maybe we actually...win a game in the first quarter of the...season?

It's time to stop having sacred cows and call a spade a spade. We got lucky that Flacco got hurt. we were literally willing to redshirt the best QB we had on the roster, because our GM wanted it that way. It was idiotic.

It's simple. Most people knew that Flacco would suck. Ergo, getting Flacco was a bad move. So in our position we should have done what? Ran out a rookie QB. We were 0-4 with Flacco, what else could have happened with Lock, maybe we actually...win a game in the first quarter of the...season?

It's time to stop having sacred cows and call a spade a spade. We got lucky that Flacco got hurt. we were literally willing to redshirt the best QB we had on the roster, because our GM wanted it that way. It was idiotic.
    That's fair. We also may be lucky our best QB was on IR because he wasn't ready. Lock, himself, has said things that would agree with this.

On the flip side perhaps, as a franchise, the timeline worked out exactly as it did, as it seems pretty damn optimal so far.
    I’m the hobbit.

21. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information