Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 LastLast

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Texans 12/08/19

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Still ... pretty sad that Denver has to chip for both T’s.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    He didn't show him any love in practices, or two games. You routinely see head coaches give their young Qb love, and there's a reason for that. I know, I'm the only one annoyed.
    He gave him a game ball. He doesn't need to tickle his balls from the podium.
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    He gave him a game ball. He doesn't need to tickle his balls from the podium.
    Yeah, because a vocalized support publicly is the same thing as that. No. Just. No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Yeah, because a vocalized support publicly is the same thing as that. No. Just. No.
    Correct. The game ball matters and the public support doesn't
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Correct. The game ball matters and the public support doesn't
    Genuine recognition in front of bros vs. blah blah blah...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

9. The Following 4 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

lock got swagger. . . he don't need Vic to pump him up. . .

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Young QBs definitely never hear what coaches say. Lol.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Young QBs definitely never hear what coaches say. Lol.
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

13. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

I'm not going to ignore something I've noticed time and time again over the years I've followed the game.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I'm not going to ignore something I've noticed time and time again over the years I've followed the game.
    What's that?
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

He didn't show him any love in practices, or two games. You routinely see head coaches give their young Qb love, and there's a reason for that. I know, I'm the only one annoyed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    What's that?
    ^^^^

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

^^^^
    That sig is funny.

Thoughts on this anecdote about the evil empire?

“A crazy thing I saw, one day we were at practice … and the defense is crushing us. Like we can’t complete no passes. You know, sometimes they do the install and it’s just the right install,” Bennett said on Wednesday during an appearing on FS1. “So we come into the meeting and Bill always has the bad plays of the day and he’s just like calling out Tom. You know, like, ‘We have quarterbacks that can’t make throws.’ I’m like, ‘This is Tom Brady. He can make all the throws.’ And I’ve never seen coaches really call out the quarterbacks in group meetings.

“I sit right behind Tom because I’m the quarterback whisperer. I like to whisper in their ear when I see things. So after that meeting, I go to finish my workout or whatever and Tom is in there doing drop-backs. He’s just throwing drop-backs. He’s pissed off.”

Brady had an epic response — though he didn’t have to say a word. He let his play do the talking.

“The next day, we go 33-for-33 or something like that at practice,” Bennett said. “And from then on, I was just like, ‘Oh, we’re gonna be great.’ I’ve never seen anyone that didn’t shut down. He was like, ‘All right, I’m gonna show you tomorrow.’ He just picked them apart.”

I've even seen the Sith Lord take up for the QB, even back in the day before Brady was Brady. Look, I'm in the minority here. I get it.

19. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I get it.
    Are you SHORRRRRRRE????

We can beat a dead horse with gusto if you would like!!

21. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Way to show the young QB love.

Pete Carrol - Russell Wilson is big time.

Vic Fangio - He is a totally shit QB, so that's cool. I guess?

I know, only I am annoyed.
    No, the Broncos staff have been promoting Joe Flacco and shitting on Lock the entire season.

First they were eager to put him on IR because they had no plans to play him at all this season.

Then they wanted to keep him on IR and not activate him because they were still committed to the imbecilic "win now!" plan with Joe Flacco, because Joe is "in his prime."

Then they had no plan to even let Lock practice because they desperately wanted to AVOID having to start him, which would signal the end to the imbecilic Flacco plan.

Then having left him on IR while the losses piled up, they tried to go to worthless afterthought scrub Brandon Allen because "he gives us the best chance to win now" (in a losing season with no chance of making the playoffs and no chance of winning IN the playoffs even if by some miracle they had got there and no hope for the future.)

But, it would be easy if Brandon Allen were Trevor Siemian to GO BACK to Flacco as soon as he became healthy next year, whereas now there would be a fan and media riot if they tried to sit Lock.

Then when they finally inevitably hit 8 losses they reluctantly agree to start Drew Lock.

He's spectacular and produces the kind of QB play we haven't seen in Denver in 20 years.

And this is the Fangio reaction: "
    Andrew Mason @MaseDenver 29m
    Fangio, on Lock: “He’s done well for two games. That’s about all it is"
    That might be the stupidest ******* thing I have heard out of Dove Valley in years, and that is saying something!

It's stupid on a level that makes me question whether Fangio is just sour grapes, or if he's still acting on Elway's instructions?
    Last edited by Cugel; 12-10-2019 at 06:25 AM.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information