Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Playoff Seeding

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I agree that this is the most desirable endgame. Unfortunately people are too resistant to change to allow such a radical change to happen overnight. So you start with the baby steps of seeding by record, then once people get used to that you move onto not guaranteeing division winners a playoff spot.
    I disagree. I think the incremental change you are suggesting is just too weak and too inconsequential conceptually to get traction. You need to present the transformative option rather than the compromised option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

2. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I disagree. I think the incremental change you are suggesting is just too weak and too inconsequential conceptually to get traction. You need to present the transformative option rather than the compromised option.
    It would never get off the ground. Maybe you present the radical option and negotiate down to the middle ground, but that eventual change would never happen without being eased into.

4. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Just want to make sure that I understand the position correctly. We're okay with divisions existing because the rivalries exist and we like them. We also need some organizational structure just past the Conferences, and we already have a workable framework so why change it. Accepting those two thoughts, we are going to be okay with some divisions just sucking ass. Like the AFCE and allowing padded records get in because it's hard to perfectly balance things, as well as the fact that most other divisions tend to get better/there's a cycle to these things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

6. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Just want to make sure that I understand the position correctly. We're okay with divisions existing because the rivalries exist and we like them. We also need some organizational structure just past the Conferences, and we already have a workable framework so why change it. Accepting those two thoughts, we are going to be okay with some divisions just sucking ass. Like the AFCE and allowing padded records get in because it's hard to perfectly balance things, as well as the fact that most other divisions tend to get better/there's a cycle to these things.
    Pretty much.

At the end of the regular season, I'll take a look at who is in vs. who would be in. I'll then go back and check the last five seasons or so. The idea was shocking at first, but now it's not so scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Not 7-9 scrubs (presumably) getting bounced in the first or second round. I want that #6 seed that eeked in on a hot streak at 10-6 and ends up crushing the postseason.
    Yea, down with 7-9 scrubs!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Yea, down with 7-9 scrubs!

This is a great example of why they should reseed. Seattle has one of the most oppressive home field advantages in football, and that was a huge advantage for them to get in that game. They should have had to go to New Orleans for that game.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Nah, its a great example of why a 7-9 team can beat a team with a better record. Any given Sunday and all that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Nah, its a great example of why a 7-9 team can beat a team with a better record. Any given Sunday and all that.
    A 2-14 can beat a 14-2 team any given Sunday. That doesn't mean we should start letting 2-14 teams into the playoffs.

14. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Only if they get rid of divisions. Otherwise, winning a division means something, sorry.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Only if they get rid of divisions. Otherwise, winning a division means something, sorry.
    Making the playoffs means nothing?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Making the playoffs means nothing?
    Not sure how you got that from my post. Under the current system, division winners get a playoff spot. I’m OK with changing the format of the league and doing two conferences, no divisions, best six teams in each conference get in. But as long as the structure is set up the way it is, division winners should be rewarded.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

A 2-14 can beat a 14-2 team any given Sunday. That doesn't mean we should start letting 2-14 teams into the playoffs.
    If they win their division with that record they get in regardless. But since that wont happen im not worried about it. Lol

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Not sure how you got that from my post. Under the current system, division winners get a playoff spot. I’m OK with changing the format of the league and doing two conferences, no divisions, best six teams in each conference get in. But as long as the structure is set up the way it is, division winners should be rewarded.
    What's wrong with rewarding them by giving them a playoff spot but then seeding based on record? Why should the 13-3 team that happens to share a division with a 14-2 team get the short end of the stick in all this?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

The NBA reseeds by record and still lets division champs in and no one seems to have an issue with it. Why can't the NFL do the same?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information