Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: So Lock audibled into that TD?

Guys, have you not noticed that no matter what coaches they bring in here, it's not great? That's because the problems are not primarily coaching.

That was the story about Vance Joseph, right? He sucked so bad that the team could win a couple more games simply by getting a competent coach. Only, it didn't work out.

Now it's Scangarello's fault? He might not be great, but the Broncos problems are due to lack of talent, not bad coaching.

It's on Elway. They've changed the coaches over about 3 times by now. But, as long as Elway is picking the personnel, he's going to give a huge contract to Bryce Callahan instead of Chris Harris, he's going to sign Juwuan James to the highest RT contract only to watch him sit on the bench as a healthy scratch for some incomprehensible reason, he's gong to get rid of Shaqil Barrett and draft Bradley Chubb to replace him, etc., etc.

In short, Elway's personnel decisions have been der Suck for a while now. There's a limit to what any coaching staff can do with this depleted roster.

CtrlCV.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I've been a defender of the guy. I want to believe in him... I'm just saying the evidence is starting to mount -- Sanders quitting on the team, the report about Fangio second guessing everything he does on gameday, Lock overruling him, and then even in Fangio's postgame presser he admitted that he overruled Scangarello taking a knee at the end.

(Not to mention all the stats and the eyeball test, which also suck.)

I still want the guy to work out - but once the guys lose faith in your abilities, you're a dead man walking. Gotta have credibility in the lockerroom. Not saying that's definitely the case - but I'm mildly concerned that he might not be the guy.
    Yeah, I find myself on the wrong side of consensus on this one, so I'm wary of defending Scangs any more than I have. Yet I feel it's correct.

I'm ok being wrong.

The idea of an OC carousel for Lock sounds awful though. Maybe worse than just gutting out a mediocre playcaller.

I think Scangs is a great prep guy...maybe he can evolve into a better gameday-flow guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Flacco was built for his offense. Allen and Lock are with bootlegs. I think it would show more if run can takes off and I lay action works more. But with our OL I think it hampers the play calling since this OL struggles in all ways.
    Scangs was dialing up five and seven step drop backs. I understand that's in Flacco's strengths. But yeesh, it was just bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Yeah, I find myself on the wrong side of consensus on this one, so I'm wary of defending Scangs any more than I have. Yet I feel it's correct.

I'm ok being wrong.

The idea of an OC carousel for Lock sounds awful though. Maybe worse than just gutting out a mediocre playcaller.

I think Scangs is a great prep guy...maybe he can evolve into a better gameday-flow guy.
    It's not a carouse if you get it right and stop it. If you can't find the right OC, then you have the wrong people making decisions. Sticking a guy with a bad system isn't doing him any favors, either. Continuity only matters if you're building something. Scangs is supposedly a guy with a background in the WCO and the more modern offenses right now. If that's true, we wouldn't be asking Lock to relearn everything. If it isn't true then what the hell have we been doing anyway?
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Guys, have you not noticed that no matter what coaches they bring in here, it's not great? That's because the problems are not primarily coaching.

That was the story about Vance Joseph, right? He sucked so bad that the team could win a couple more games simply by getting a competent coach. Only, it didn't work out.

Now it's Scangarello's fault? He might not be great, but the Broncos problems are due to lack of talent, not bad coaching.

It's on Elway. They've changed the coaches over about 3 times by now. But, as long as Elway is picking the personnel, he's going to give a huge contract to Bryce Callahan instead of Chris Harris, he's going to sign Juwuan James to the highest RT contract only to watch him sit on the bench as a healthy scratch for some incomprehensible reason, he's gong to get rid of Shaqil Barrett and draft Bradley Chubb to replace him, etc., etc.

In short, Elway's personnel decisions have been der Suck for a while now. There's a limit to what any coaching staff can do with this depleted roster.
    Did Elway steal your girlfriend or something?
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

So, now I'm seeing this from the afternoon Press conference:

However, as more information has come out today, it seems that those two storylines jump the gun a bit. Coach Fangio clarified today during his Monday news conference that the touchdown play to Sutton was “tagged that way. He had the ability to change the route.”

Now, this doesn’t take anything away Lock as it is great to see a rookie QB changing the play and comfortable in the offense, it does change the narrative knowing that it was built into the design of the offense. So the play was a great adjustment by Lock, but was also part of the offensive design from the coaches, and works against the narrative that Denver had Lock on a leash.
    https://www.milehighreport.com/2019/...comments-today

So, who knows exactly what the truth is, but assuming Fangio is being honest, then this is a built-in option/audible to that play and Lock exercised it. If that's true, then this clearly is a great play by Lock, and not really some rebellious free-lancing.

12. The Following 5 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post

So, who knows exactly what the truth is, but assuming Fangio is being honest, then this is a built-in option/audible to that play and Lock exercised it. If that's true, then this clearly is a great play by Lock, and not really some rebellious free-lancing.
    Glad they released this info that we all hopefully assumed on some level. Connects the dots and makes it all just routine work and development.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post

pretty impressive for a rook.

This makes Scang look even worse.
    There is more to this story, but we only heard what Sutton said last night. Coach Vic said today that the TD route was a tag. I have no idea what that means, but I'm assuming it's a second choice if you have the right D. I know that Peyton would get 2 plays all the time and use the one that worked best for the D at the time. So Scang must of seen something and relayed that to Lock. I love that Lock could process what he saw quick enough to call that route. I see this as a win, win. Again it shows that the game was not too big for Lock, but it also shows that Coach S is seeing things too. They seem to be able to communicate and I think that's a great thing.
    Getting Stoked

15. The Following 4 Users High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post

Sorry NTL I wasn't here yet. I'm glad that you posted this. Our team wins as a team and that includes the staff. It's a great thing if they are all moving in the same direction. From everything I've seen Coach Vic doesn't lie, it's just not who he is. And thanks for the explanation of what a tag is. I filled in the blanks and was close.
    Getting Stoked

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Lock is a nerdy Brett Favrrra.

I love geeks.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Flacco was built for his offense. Allen and Lock are with bootlegs. I think it would show more if run can takes off and I lay action works more. But with our OL I think it hampers the play calling since this OL struggles in all ways.
    I think NT has the most intriguing auto correct on the board.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

21. The Following 7 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

I think NT has the most intriguing auto correct on the board.
    I always assumed his posts get google translated into Tagalog, then Italian, then back to English before posting.

23. The Following User High Fived LawDog For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Got my blue Lock jersey coming. Hes sure to suck now.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Got my blue Lock jersey coming. Hes sure to suck now.
    Oh noooo

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information